recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Anthem got delayed several times before release, same for fallout 76. I didn't follow the Battlefront games, but I'm almost sure it got delayed as well. Fifa and NBA series are nothing more then small engine updates and changed player names, so I wouldn't count them.
And yes, the crunch also happens a lot lately. Personally I think the publishers should get crunched for pushing the developers...

Reactions: .ox and GroPin

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Yes, delays still happen. Never said otherwise but I see how it could have been interpreted as such.
The last entries of the yearly released sports games are more or less rereleases but they still need to be developed at a small portion. Publishers don't bolster the numbers of devs if anything 'unforeseen' happens, they bolster the number of hours the devs have to work with mandatory overtime. The release date for these full price updates are fixed. Only a few publishers out there don't do crunch. As much.

Can we now please end this off-topic discussion before it completely derails?

Bottom line:
No hobby dev that expects to be around for a longer time issues fixed release dates.
Demiare You can't expect others to want what you want, some devs intend this to be a hobby and nothing more than a hobby.

Reactions: Lucius Drake

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Well I mean regular releases are better if the way you work lends itself to them, if you work in a linear fashion finishing one scene before moving on to the next there's little reason not to release what you've got done regularly. If you divide your plan up into 'chapters' and work on scenes in a chapter in parallel though overworking yourself trying to meet a deadline can be a bad idea.

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
Developing an adult game is something I, and many other devs do as a hobby, for fun, and not to make a living. We put a lot of time and effort into the whole thing even without it being our job and while having a RL job. With that comes the problem that you simply can't predict everything, you can't plan everything, you can't always take the time you need or want.
Especially if you work alone, there is a lot you can't foresee.
This might be different if you have a team where others can jump in, or if you do it as your main job where you can make your own specific working times.
There is a reason so many dev's give up. One reason might be that people simply misjudge how much work it actually is, but as a dev there is always a lot of pressure on your shoulders, even without a sheduled release, it's always there and this can easily burn you out.

Talking about professional developing, many (almost every) of the big game studios delay their game releases several times because they simply can't make it in time, and still, nowadays many tripple A games are released bug filled, and unfinished.
If that's "professional", I'd happily stay away from it.
No matter what you say..You cant just win against them..Its like talking to some horny zombies...You kill one and there are thousand more.... and not until he or she starts wearing your shoes...Then its a whole Different game.

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
recreation I think your doing fine just like this, because I'm with you on the Gamer thing I'm also a gamer, and I like seeing games that Devs take there time with. So far you are doing a good job on this one. I have a question for yah though about game.

not letting her Keeping them seems like the right choice. nothing happens letting her keep them I don't think but I'm sure the choice will have some impact at some point. I wouldn't let anyone take that kind of medication while drinking no matter how bad I want in their pants. Personally I think that would have been a good spot to toss in a bad end scene with the letting her keep them option lol

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
recreation I think your doing fine just like this, because I'm with you on the Gamer thing I'm also a gamer, and I like seeing games that Devs take there time with. So far you are doing a good job on this one. I have a question for yah though about game.

There is no real good or bad guy path in the game. Your decisions will have influences on the characters, but not like that.

4.40 star(s) 204 Votes