recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Been through all 317 pages.. no Katie..
giff Katie.duf's

oh.. and pls don't forget Eyebrows :Kappa::Kappa:
lol, if you'd asked I coul've told you that there is no Katie, Ellie is the only one I ever... set out in the wild :ROFLMAO:

I believe they want assets... to have their own way with... cause Katie... yeah...

recreation is there gonna be an 8.1 Katie too? Needs NEXGENHD utter contempt and scorn, but still horny... yah, still very horny... :sneaky:

Bad Memories™ REMASTERED yeah... :unsure:

Just think of how much fun re-rendering all those scenes would be... o_O :ROFLMAO:

:whistle::coffee: So maybe?
Katie might actually be the only other model I convert since she's gen8 anyway, so no big deal. Ellie took me almost a whole day to convert since she's a different gen and all of the availabe converters fucked some morphs up so I converted her by hand...
And honestly the benefits don't even remotely compensate the effort:
The new shader is nothing special (it's actually not even a "new" shader, it's a shader setting based on the iray uber shader), it has some nice additions, but there are models on the market that have way better and more realistic shader (settings).
The new expressions are nice, but nothing you can't do with the older models, the only real advantage imo are the new eye UV's, but that's something most people won't even notice, so... *shrugs and leaves the building*

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
If I was a lion out in the wild, I'd be waving a white flag whenever Ellie shows up. It's important to survive, right?
Katie.. not so much. She'd make a fine snack.

cbsx

May 4, 2020
And honestly the benefits don't even remotely compensate the effort:
The new shader is nothing special (it's actually not even a "new" shader, it's a shader setting based on the iray uber shader), it has some nice additions, but there are models on the market that have way better and more realistic shader (settings).
The new expressions are nice, but nothing you can't do with the older models, the only real advantage imo are the new eye UV's, but that's something most people won't even notice, so... *shrugs and leaves the building*
Yeah, I've seen the bitterness rising around the 8.1 update... like so many things, I show up to the party after everyone is drunk and just wants to go home or vomit... :confused:

You're definitely one of the handful people I see here digging into what's possible... I had thought Ellie was already Genesis 8... so good job on that. :)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Yeah, I've seen the bitterness rising around the 8.1 update... like so many things, I show up to the party after everyone is drunk and just wants to go home or vomit... :confused:

You're definitely one of the handful people I see here digging into what's possible... I had thought Ellie was already Genesis 8... so good job on that. :)
That's what you get for being late, all the good bugs have been found already xD

No most of my BM models are g3, Katie and Steph are the only reoccuring girls that are g8's.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Oh, thats a bummer! I dont know why devs dont puts their focus on one game at a time.
There is a very good reason for that. Many devs become bored with projects and abandon them in favour of their latest and greatest ideas, sometimes those ideas are better than the current project, sometimes worse, it doesn't matter that much for this example, however once a project is abandoned the damage to the devs rep is done.
So it's easy, stick to a project and your fine, right, well equally as many devs drop out of love with their own projects, things get rough, they take flack for problems with the game, perhaps an update is late, perhaps there is some portion of the content or the story direction that the fans dislike, even if it's a minor thing and won't be a big deal the end it can demoralise a dev and if that dev is not sufficiently confident/invested in/in love with thier game then they could well burn out, decide dev work isn't for them and disappear from our radar entirely.

What i'm getting at is that if what it takes to keep a dev engaged and productive is to have a project ongoing that is very much a B line project to drop errant ideas into or to try things out in then i'm fine with that. While i do understand the frustration of looking to see if a long time Dev like Baal has got an update out for superpowered and instead find that we've got 0.3 of "the loser" which is little more than an interesting tech demo i do realise that working on a single idea for over a year is also frustrating for the dev, simply put for many there isn't enough time to make all the ideas into full fledged games, better to purge the small ideas with games like "weird shit" than to let the new ideas effect BM, be it content creep, distraction or w/e else.

It's not an ideal situation to have a dev working multiple games at a time IMO but it can be the best compromise for the longevity of both the dev and their projects.

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
hmm, thats weird... WS don't want to be on my watchlist and posting/replying in the thread is also not possible for me :unsure::unsure::unsure:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
3 months since update and it feels like it was much longer time ago.

Reactions: fz
4.40 star(s) 204 Votes