recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I'm not sure if Reaction (=Recreation)has already shared this information already here but just in case:
E: Sorry my bad!

Quick update:
Almost 400 render done, all animations done.
As I said before, this is going to be a shorter update, I expect to get roughly 500 +/- render done overall.

With that said:
Have a great one ;)

---------
No. 438 broke my PSU :rolleyes:
But that aside, it looks like there will be more than 500.

KopengaKris

Sep 21, 2018
Bought a psu from your $5, but it looks quite small and it only has one cable, I don't know how to connect my gpu and mainboard to it :unsure:
Huh? Sorry if this is off topic, but what PSU did you buy? To what GPU/GPU's and how much watts? You should'nt really cheap out on the PSU cuz that's usually the component you change last if your upgrading. A more powerful GPU is mainly the reason you switch to a more powerful GPU. The rest of the components doesn't require much power. The reason I ask is because I build PC's with custom waterloops so this is a hobby of mine.

Last edited:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Huh? Sorry if this is off topic, but what PSU did you buy? You should'nt really cheap out on the PSU cuz that's usually the component you change last if your upgrading. A more powerful GPU is mainly the reason you switch to a more powerful GPU. The rest of the components doesn't require much power.
It was a joke ;)

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Huh? Sorry if this is off topic, but what PSU did you buy? To what GPU/GPU's and how much watts? You should'nt really cheap out on the PSU cuz that's usually the component you change last if your upgrading. A more powerful GPU is mainly the reason you switch to a more powerful GPU. The rest of the components doesn't require much power. The reason I ask is because I build PC's with custom waterloops so this is a hobby of mine.
Obviously they were joking around.

Everybody knows those go for at least $6.50 if you want something reliable.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
A good one :p
But seriously, I've spend more than enough money on computer hardware since I started dev'ing (and lost it again), by now I know it's better to buy something good, than something cheap^^
Yeah when you work with 3D renders, it seems like you can't cheap out on rig power, sadly. At least when you put out as good quality as you do yourself with this game. A lot of others go for the cheap, basic 3D programs, so it's understandable that yours asks for quite a bit more.

Reactions: KopengaKris

KopengaKris

Sep 21, 2018
But seriously, I've spend more than enough money on computer hardware since I started dev'ing (and lost it again), by now I know it's better to buy something good, than something cheap^^
Amen to that. You'd be suprised how many priorities PSU last, when you want a PSU to last atleast 5-7 years and last for 2-3 gpu upgrades (single cards). It's a good investment.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
i thought you were buying workstation not normal pc.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
i thought you were buying workstation not normal pc.
That'd be way too expensive, I'm currently running a ~5k pc, a workstation that can keep up with it starts at ~10k, the workstation card alone makes 6k xD

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
In my many decades with computers, there's one component that has failed the most on me, and that was PSUs... namely, cheap PSUs! I bought a more expensive PSU a decade ago and I am still using the same one in my new system. When you consider that I kept buying new PSUs constantly almost annually and add up the "cheaper" costs, it adds up to more than what I spent on this one, more expensive PSU. Cheaper PSUs are not cheap, not when you have to keep replacing them. I learned my lesson.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
In my many decades with computers, there's one component that has failed the most on me, and that was PSUs... namely, cheap PSUs! I bought a more expensive PSU a decade ago and I am still using the same one in my new system. When you consider that I kept buying new PSUs constantly almost annually and add up the "cheaper" costs, it adds up to more than what I spent on this one, more expensive PSU. Cheaper PSUs are not cheap, not when you have to keep replacing them. I learned my lesson.
It's like with cheap printers, you'll have to buy them every two years, because they always break, add to that more expensive ink, because of course it's more expensive... Or you buy a not so cheap one and it'll work for a decade, and ink somehow doesn't cost that much.

4.40 star(s) 204 Votes