ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I am, I just can't get into VNs with female MCs, no immersion possible for me.
Ironically, I tend to make the exact opposite choice, for almost the same reason, in spite of being male.

I find literally every other facet of the character's life hard to relate to on a personal level, because it's entirely different from my own in pretty much every possible way. So their gender is almost immaterial compared to every other element of their backstory and their interactions with the people around them.

So if I already can't be "me" in the context of the story, I tend to find the female perspective more interesting. Because it makes it easier to sort of craft a personality in my head that's entirely unlike me - a separate character living their own life and making their own choices.

Though it also depends on the overall story to some degree. For some stories/games, the male perspective just tends to work better in general. For this one, I just feel like the female perspective fits better.

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
I'm running a male MC as my main save, but I do have a female MC as secondary save in case any differences pop up.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Most fem MC's scenes are unique. Even the strapon scene is different to the males.

I only remember the strapon being used once in the kitchen of Jada's rental place so no idea where you got mostly from.
I think I read it somewhere a while ago, I'm never going to play as the female MC, so I never checked whether it was true or not, which is why I said "as far as I know".

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Ironically, I tend to make the exact opposite choice, for almost the same reason, in spite of being male.

I find literally every other facet of the character's life hard to relate to on a personal level, because it's entirely different from my own in pretty much every possible way. So their gender is almost immaterial compared to every other element of their backstory and their interactions with the people around them.

So if I already can't be "me" in the context of the story, I tend to find the female perspective more interesting. Because it makes it easier to sort of craft a personality in my head that's entirely unlike me - a separate character living their own life and making their own choices.

Though it also depends on the overall story to some degree. For some stories/games, the male perspective just tends to work better in general. For this one, I just feel like the female perspective fits better.
To each their own.

red_faced

Jul 23, 2020
I am, I just can't get into VNs with female MCs, no immersion possible for me.
Whenever there's a game that only has MMCs, I always find it jarring when you see them. Especially if it's something like this game where they normally aren't on screen and then suddenly they are in one shot. I'm like "that's not me; who is this douche?"

I have a hard time putting myself in the mind of game protagonists in general (unless it's a game where you never see their face or anything), but I'd say I have about a 15% ability to see the FeMCs as myself and a 0% ability to see the MMCs as myself.

Reactions: tyrannicpuppy

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Interesting how many people have to put themselves as the game's MC.
I'm on the other end of the spectrum. Sure, I'm not gonna be confortable doing stuff that's totally out of my range in reality (like playing a sosciopathic bastard) in games more leaning on the smut side, but I never consider MCs, no matter the gender, to be "me". They're always theyr own character to which I distill my views and morals, basically, but I never see myself as them...
Though, if they're ugly as all balls (like, human, but with a face that would make their mom scream in horror), it takes me out of it, but usually you see that in preview pics so that's fine.

Reactions: tyrannicpuppy

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Interesting how many people have to put themselves as the game's MC.
I'm on the other end of the spectrum. Sure, I'm not gonna be confortable doing stuff that's totally out of my range in reality (like playing a sosciopathic bastard) in games more leaning on the smut side, but I never consider MCs, no matter the gender, to be "me". They're always theyr own character to which I distill my views and morals, basically, but I never see myself as them...
Though, if they're ugly as all balls (like, human, but with a face that would make their mom scream in horror), it takes me out of it, but usually you see that in preview pics so that's fine.
I don't know about anyone else but I always find myself seeing the MC as me in the games. I guess in a way always playing games with younger guy as MC and Milfs. I can sort of relive my teen years and do all the things with the MILFs that I missed out on due to inexperience or shyness in real life back then. Looking back I can now see some signals that have been given too me but at the time I didn't realize they were signals.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Bad Memories had an update sometime last year ago, as did Rec's other project (Tainted Heritage/Weird Shit). During that time, Rec also had technical problems, in that he had to replace parts of his hardware, which would have been extremely expensive due to the Crypto/NFT bubble, among other things, and the money had to be there first.

I don't know what version your last played version was, but the thread title and thread link notes the current version (7.1) and accordingly should have had at least 1 update in the meantime and Rec is currently working on the next update for BM.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I last played this game almost a year & half back. This still didn't completed? OMG.
A year and a half.
Yeah.
For a game that isn't even one year old.
What's next ? Gonna tell us that you've first seen it 10 years ago but only decided to play it a year and a half ago ?

Is it even updating? If not why is the tag not showing its OnHold?
How about doing a little bit of research. Or even checking the last few pages to see if the dev posts here ?

I swear some people are just a waste of atoms. :FacePalm:

KopengaKris

Sep 21, 2018
calculator online are pretty useless, they are not precise, my system at full load with cpu and gpu to their limit has 500 w, using the site the system has more than 700w. i use a rebrended seasonic focus gold 650w, so it is pretty sensible to over power and never had problem even with transients power. and my gpu alone consumes 300w so...
You are correct, sir! (y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ciccio92

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
A year and a half.
Yeah.
For a game that isn't even one year old.
What's next ? Gonna tell us that you've first seen it 10 years ago but only decided to play it a year and a half ago ?

How about doing a little bit of research. Or even checking the last few pages to see if the dev posts here ?

I swear some people are just a waste of atoms. :FacePalm:
Dude... might wanna check the OP. The game was first posted here March 2019. That's three years ago, just in case your own atoms are having issues with simple math.

To use your own quote.. "How about doing a little bit of research."

• Angry
Reactions: Carlos6464

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Dude... might wanna check the OP. The game was first posted here March 2019. That's three years ago, just in case your own atoms are having issues with simple math.

To use your own quote.. "How about doing a little bit of research."
Release Date: 2021-09-25
Sure, the first post says it's been release in 2019 and never updated. Yeah. Right.

Posts dates aren't the be all end all. A lot of devs post about the projects and edit the post from project to release.

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Sure, the first post says it's been release in 2019 and never updated. Yeah. Right.

Posts dates aren't the be all end all. A lot of devs post about the projects and edit the post from project to release.
Don't try and deflect. You called that guy out because he said he played the game a year and a half ago and you responded that that game isn't even a year old, which is completely wrong. The game is three years old.

Now you are trying to make up some BS to cover your stupidity... which is hilariously ironic because that is exactly what you suggested Shaggy would do .

This is one of my favorite games on F95, but to be totally honest, the updates are a little slow. The last one was in October, which is over 6 months ago. I don't really care when it drops that much, but I just hope that when it does, it has some significant new content.

EDIT: LOL.. Rec posted

4.40 star(s) 204 Votes