Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Current version + 0.0.1 are bug fixes
Current version + 0.0.5 are smaller content updates
Current version + 0.1 are normal/big content updates
That's how I handled it so far.
You have released a lot and this may seem dumb of me to suggest but

You should do .7 and .7.5 and .8 etc for big versus small releases but if there is a bug fix it should be .7a and then .7b etc.

That makes it clearer on content release versus Bug fix.....

But that's just my opinion and you may not want to change

Either way, PEACE

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
You have released a lot and this may seem dumb of me to suggest but

You should do .7 and .7.5 and .8 etc for big versus small releases but if there is a bug fix it should be .7a and then .7b etc.

That makes it clearer on content release versus Bug fix.....

But that's just my opinion and you may not want to change

Either way, PEACE
I do add some new content every now and then with bug fixes, but nothing really noteworthy.

Reactions: jaw1986baby

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
did we not already suffer a troll thread re version nubering?

meanwhile, how much will I delay the release of 0.7.5 by asking when 0.7.5 will be released?

• Haha
Reactions: damnedfrog

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
did we not already suffer a troll thread re version nubering?

meanwhile, how much will I delay the release of 0.7.5 by asking when 0.7.5 will be released?
Every time someone asks recreation about a release date, a ten thousand brain cells die, and takes a week to recover. That is worse than a night of binge drinking. Don't make Recreation loose brain cells, we want him to be as creative and perverted as possible. Don't make Rec stupid. New Slogan !!!

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Every time someone asks recreation about a release date, a ten thousand brain cells die, and takes a week to recover. That is worse than a night of binge drinking. Don't make Recreation loose brain cells, we want him to be as creative and perverted as possible. Don't make Rec stupid. New Slogan !!!
That is good to know as I am planning a two week holiday, so I need to ask for a release date before I leave and then halfway through the holiday, so the realease won't happen whilst I am away.

RobNorthman

Jun 20, 2017
I usually take .7a or .7b to mean it's an alpha or beta release, as in an incomplete version of .7, and then .7.1 is the complete verions with bug fixes. And 0.7.5 means the VN around 75% done. That's how it should be with the system at least. But a lot of devs on here seem to just use the numbers arbitrarily because they have no clue where their story is going or for how long.

Reactions: recreation

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
The other day Granma and I were walking into town, soon we came to the bridge crossing the torrent, Granma took my hand. As my left foot set down on the bridge’s wooden plank I heard a gruff rumbling, like a clearing of a throat, and then a garbled and gruff voice intoned “… vertion … nubering …” but this was drowned out when my Granma started telling the story of a far away cousin returning home and finding that her cute redhead sister had been missing her more than she realised and that my wicked Aunt may not have been totally wicked … The Troll’s voice soon died down and we got to town before nightfall

Last edited:

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
So it's going to be a small update.
Hope it's worth the 7! months wait.
Almost forgot this one.
I linger for more Katherine.
She's so hrrrrrrnnm....

Reactions: fz

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
you do know they only work on one game at a time right ? last update was for weird shit is going to happen. that one was not that long ago.
Some people don't do the least bit of research.
Others don't and demand monthly, huge updates, on top of it.
Let those scream in vain. Us fans will wait the necessary time for Rec's masterfull creative juices to bless us.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I usually take .7a or .7b to mean it's an alpha or beta release, as in an incomplete version of .7, and then .7.1 is the complete verions with bug fixes. And 0.7.5 means the VN around 75% done. That's how it should be with the system at least. But a lot of devs on here seem to just use the numbers arbitrarily because they have no clue where their story is going or for how long.
You contradict yourself, semantic versioning stands completely opposed to the idea that 0.7.5 is 75% done, unless you think that all projects should have exactly ten updates, no more no less.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
Some people don't do the least bit of research.
Others don't and demand monthly, huge updates, on top of it.
Let those scream in vain. Us fans will wait the necessary time for Rec's masterfull creative juices to bless us.
indeed. unfortunately i am doing it with a bit to much games lately :p so hope one of then soon releases an update xd

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
The other day Granma and I were walking into town, soon we came to the bridge crossing the torrent, Granma took my hand. As my left foot set down on the bridge’s wooden plank I heard a gruff rumbling, like a clearing of a throat, and then a garbled and gruff voice intoned “… vertion … nubering …” but this was drowned out when my Granma started telling the story of a far away cousin returning home and finding that her cute redhead sister had been missing her more than she realised and that my wicked Aunt may not have been totally wicked … The Troll’s voice soon died down and we got to town before nightfall
But when we got into town we found it was a frentic hive of activity, the Troll Defense team was busy erecting Ignore Shields on the battlements ... and people were starting a petition to the Lord Moderator to Free the Banhammer for some dunce had left crumbs on the North Valley bridge and the Trolls were-a-rumbling ... Oh Hum, I wish everyone listened to my Granma ...

4.40 star(s) 204 Votes