Joop501

Mar 19, 2021
I personally find it hard to be pedantic about update numbering when most devs on this site are amateurs and there's literally no consistency in what methodology they use. And complaining about it doesn't really change anything or make things better.

It's better to just suck it up and get used to whatever idiosyncratic method a given dev is using. Universal numbering doesn't really matter all that much as long as you know what the numbers are trying to say. Which is easy if you actually pay attention.

I wonder when is the update coming since, 2-1-21

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Some characters are good at getting a special place in the heart.
Ironically, that's kind of how I feel about Katherine. Her broken bird-ness has cut deep into my soul, and now I just want to give her headpats and teach her to be happy via the healing power of love. Which I totally did not anticipate when she first showed up.

I actually don't want Ellie to begin to talk. I love how expressive she is without the need to talk.
I feel like the natural conclusion to her arc is talking, though. ie, she stopped talking because of feelings of abandonment etc, so reestablishing the relationship fully and healing old wounds (and overcoming all the "bad memories") would ultimately end with her becoming verbal again.

It's always possible that she'll retain a lot of the non-verbal expression she developed during her time not talking, but I feel like it's almost inevitable that healing the rift in her relationship with her mother almost has to end with them starting to speak with each other again.

I originally assumed that Rachel's story was meant and the respective people confused Sequel with Prequel. :unsure:
I'm pretty sure the sequel comment was always meant as a joke. Essentially, version bantering won't even stop when the game is completed, but will continue on until after a hypothetical sequel is completed.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I feel like the natural conclusion to her arc is talking, though. ie, she stopped talking because of feelings of abandonment etc, so reestablishing the relationship fully and healing old wounds (and overcoming all the "bad memories") would ultimately end with her becoming verbal again.
I assumed she didn't talk to certain people, such as the MC. Was I wrong on that?

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Yes, it likely is the natural conclusion. But my own feeling is that is kind of boring and likely to be a let down in the end. So I say fuck natural conclusion and trust that rec has a lot more interesting plot twists and surprises in store for us and that Ellie can stay non-verbal and expressive. :)

Reactions: sava75

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
My impression is Ellie is still non-verbal and that Jada and Kat, in their own ways, have spent enough time working with Ellie to better understand her cues and facilitate conversation.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I actually don't want Ellie to begin to talk. I love how expressive she is without the need to talk.
Somehow I really agree with you. The way Rec' managed to make her so expressive and understandable despite her not uttering a single word is absolutely amazing. Plus that makes her all the more adorable and interesting, because you keep wondering what's going on in that head of hers.

Edit : "Understandable" might not be the right word. I don't know how to prhase it. I mean that you can understand what she means.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
She manages to convey information to Jada somehow though.
I always got the impression she does talk to Jada. I feel like she's selective about who she's hiding her thoughts from.

Sort of the same way she acts like she can't use technology around her mom (because that would open the door to having her type out what she wants to say), but doesn't really pretend around Jada or her sibling.

Her silence has a purpose. She's willing to make exceptions in cases where doing so doesn't conflict with that purpose.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
You're mixing up Kat and Ellie. Kat's the "doctor" with the bitchy mouth. Ellie's the sister.
" Kat has already said there's nothing actually wrong with her "
I was referring to the 'her'. The one who doesn't talk. :)

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I always got the impression she does talk to Jada. I feel like she's selective about who she's hiding her thoughts from.
It's not clear if she talks to Jada, but IMO it's been fairly strongly implied that she does; when the MC asks her if Ellie talks to her, she refuses to answer. If Ellie didn't, I'd think she'd just say no.
It's also possible she actually talks to Kath sometimes; that cryptic statement she made about Ellie being perfectly normal makes me suspicious.
I'm also in the camp that thinks she probably will talk before the story is over, and also that she'll probably keep a lot of her non-verbal mannerisms she picked up during her quiet period.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
It's also possible she actually talks to Kath sometimes; that cryptic statement she made about Ellie being perfectly normal makes me suspicious.
And if I'm not mistaken, Kath said Ellie was just stubborn.
For me it's the sign she can talk, IF she want to.

4.40 star(s) 204 Votes