Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Yeah, I'm of the opinion that either 1) he is really sick or 2) he has quit. In all honesty I lean toward really sick. He was doing great, had growing support, and a lot of interest so it's unlikely he just quit without communicating. Definitely the best game that I fear is or will be abandoned. Hopefully we will hear from him soon.
Sometimes these things happen, like with "A Family Venture" where the coder D.S.-sama has returned after weeks of radio silence and WillTyler was worried about the game being able to continue.

This is just an unfortunate aspect of this work, that if something serious happens to a dev who works solo and who isn't in regular communication with others who can let patrons and fans what's going on in the event of something happening to them, then we'll never know what's happening with them and we just have to hope that they're OK.

Sony12345

Oct 5, 2018
Though the game is not important then Dev's life, but only way to find if windwardgames is alright is through this game. I don't think there is any other way except his patreon page right?

Rufluszs

Nov 14, 2018
I hope he gets better as soon as possible. It is not every day that a developer appears that creates good content and updates the game in a short time.

BirdmanBoss

Apr 8, 2019
Not to be that guy, but since people have contributed money to this guy the least he can do is leave a message that he is alright. It has been almost 2 months. Unless of course the worse that has happened and I really hope that isn't the case.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Yeah, I'm of the opinion that either 1) he is really sick or 2) he has quit. In all honesty I lean toward really sick. He was doing great, had growing support, and a lot of interest so it's unlikely he just quit without communicating. Definitely the best game that I fear is or will be abandoned. Hopefully we will hear from him soon.
From doing his official walkthrough, all communications I have had with him, he was very professional, and a nice guy and always got me what I needed. He loved his game and was really excited about it. It is very out of character for option 2 based on what I knew of him. So I am inclined to agree with your that option 1 is the case. I hope he will get better and I hope the worst has not happened.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
From doing his official walkthrough, all communications I have had with him, he was very professional, and a nice guy and always got me what I needed. He loved his game and was really excited about it. It is very out of character for option 2 based on what I knew of him. So I am inclined to agree with your that option 1 is the case. I hope he will get better and I hope the worst has not happened.
Would be you able to reach out to them just now and see if they respond? I think it's fair to say that for those of us who are fans of this game, we're all a little worried. :cry:

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Sadly, I agree that option 1 is most likely. I really hope that he is okay. At this point I don't care about the continuation of the game, I just want WwG to be alright. We've seen a lot of bad shit happen to the developer community this year and I don't want Windward to disappear or worse.

Would be you able to reach out to them just now and see if they respond? I think it's fair to say that for those of us who are fans of this game, we're all a little worried. :cry:
I've done this several times and nothing. Just nothing. :cry:
That's really sad... Dang.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Sadly, I agree that option 1 is most likely. I really hope that he is okay. At this point I don't care about the continuation of the game, I just want WwG to be alright. We've seen a lot of bad shit happen to the developer community this year and I don't want Windward to disappear or worse.
Yeah, I'm seeing developers talk a lot about how stressed and sometimes depressed they get with this work because they're working so hard to meet their own deadlines and ensure their patrons get what they paid for, Braindrop being the most notable one.

Hopefully they haven't succumbed to anything like that or the nasty COVID, but if it is the latter hopefully they'll be OK. I've seen stories where people are coming out of the hospital after 3 months in intensive care, so we just have to hope for the best.

And I'll make this vow and hope that others will join me; if Windward returns I will become a patron of theirs.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah, I'm seeing developers talk a lot about how stressed and sometimes depressed they get with this work because they're working so hard to meet their own deadlines and ensure they're patrons get what they paid for, Braindrop being the most notable one.

Hopefully they haven't succumbed to anything like that or the nasty COVID, but if it is the latter hopefully they'll be OK. I've seen stories where people are coming out of the hospital after 3 months in intensive care, so we just have to hope for the best.

And I'll make this vow and hope that others will join me; if Windward returns I will become a patron of theirs.
If Windward returns he's got my patreon dollars. As we are 2 days shy of a full 2 months of no communication I am worried that he is not going to be able to come back. I really hope I am wrong.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
With this and BrainDrop going silent for a while, I wonder if there's an argument to be made about emergency contacts for people associated with devs.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
With this and BrainDrop going silent for a while, I wonder if there's an argument to be made about emergency contacts for people associated with devs.
If a dev wants to do that then that's up to them, but most people don't tend to think that anything will happen to them and so they're often caught short when something bad does happen to them. There's also the issue of the stigma surrounding the work these guys do, especially those who make very taboo games involving kinks like incest. Finding someone you trust enough to be to communicate with fans and even be a proxy on a site like this to let everyone know what's happening with the dev in case of an emergency could be a very difficult thing.

Some devs do cultivate friendships and communication networks with other devs and people involved in this kind of work and others don't. Unfortunately it seem like Windward has been very much riding solo.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
If a dev wants to do that then that's up to them, but most people don't tend to think that anything will happen to them and so they're often caught short when something bad does happen to them. There's also the issue of the stigma surrounding the work these guys do, especially those who make very taboo games involving kinks like incest. Finding someone you trust enough to be to communicate with fans and even be a proxy on a site like this to let everyone know what's happening with the dev in case of an emergency could be a very difficult thing.

Some devs do cultivate friendships and communication networks with other devs and people involved in this kind of work and others don't. Unfortunately it seem like Windward has been very much riding solo.
All solid points. I just wonder if instances like this may cause devs to rethink things.
That said, it probably won't even be considered if cases like this result in irreparable dives in patron numbers (which I don't think have happened anyway).

4.60 star(s) 63 Votes