Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
All solid points. I just wonder if instances like this may cause devs to rethink things.
That said, it probably won't even be considered if cases like this result in irreparable dives in patron numbers (which I don't think have happened anyway).
2 months delay on an update will reduce patreon number? on what planet are you on? I'm not trying to me hostile. It's more of a dig on the devs who delay updates for almost a year or more, and either don't say anything or come up with the most crazy excuse the rival "my dog eat my homework" while still maintaining a giant income.

This is not a statement against this dev in any way, as I did't follow his work style for long enough to know him or his style. So right now I'll hope he is ok, and will be able to communicate with his supports about his state(and hopefully it's nothing too serious).

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
2 months delay on an update will reduce patreon number? on what planet are you on? I'm not trying to me hostile. It's more of a dig on the devs who delay updates for almost a year or more, and either don't say anything or come up with the most crazy excuse the rival "my dog eat my homework" while still maintaining a giant income.

This is not a statement against this dev in any way, as I did't follow his work style for long enough to know him or his style. So right now I'll hope he is ok, and will be able to communicate with his supports about his state(and hopefully it's nothing too serious).
Like I said, I don't think that's even happened anyway.
And yeah, I can certainly think of certain devs that fit the criteria you're saying lol.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Fun game. Fuckfest, but it fits MC. If I had one complaint, is how it handles "Angel/Devil" route. Devil should imo be more openly flirtatious, aggressive, sexual, instead of just being an ass, lot of the time.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Devil should imo be more openly flirtatious, aggressive, sexual, instead of just being an ass, lot of the time.
I think you miss the purpose of that route. The Angel path isn't this chaste guy who genuinly wants to help people, while the Devil wants to fuck everyone. It's more that the Angel path is the smooth charming guy, while the Devil is the asshole that certain type of women "complain" about.

F1_V10

Apr 9, 2019
Hey guys, still no comms from the dev? Or I did I miss something? I did swing by the patreon but didn't find anything new.
If not, I hope he is alright and well.

Last edited:

DasHydroZine

Jun 18, 2020
I do quite like the pace of game so far, I find sometimes that VN games can have too many mechanics before you get to the parts you want, So I really like this style. I checked Windwards patreon quite frequently, i played it about a day or 2 after his last post and checked it every day after that, so I really do hope they are ok. I guess in a lot of peoples circumstances theyd rather have no links to anything else other than patreon for reason mentioned before but it does leave fans worrying about them, even in this circumstance where Windward has an account here, it hasn't been "seen" since may. We just have to hope, and then when they do come back support them through any subsequent problems they may be facing

Last edited:

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
Still at 700$+, game is dead should be marked as abandoned long ago. Save your money, give it to someone who is still pumping out an update every month. But then again your money if you wanna waste it, gives me a good laugh.

Jul 23, 2017
A little tact, please? Just look at the time when this game got "abbandonned". The dev went from communicating to dead silent when COVID hit, and there's no intel if the two are related.
I know you're trying to be respectful and hopeful, but if this delay and radio silence from the dev is due to Covid, the only possible outcomes are he passed away, or someone he knows passed away. Because there is no reason for him to be unable to post a short message to his patreon supporters if it was anything else. So the abandon should have been applied a while ago. Plus, the average recovery time for Covid is 2 weeks, obviously excluding any major complications like lung damage etc.

Reactions: Vamori

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I know you're trying to be respectful and hopeful, but if this delay and radio silence from the dev is due to Covid, the only possible outcomes are he passed away, or someone he knows passed away. Because there is no reason for him to be unable to post a short message to his patreon supporters if it was anything else. So the abandon should have been applied a while ago. Plus, the average recovery time for Covid is 2 weeks, obviously excluding any major complications like lung damage etc.
Abandoned is applied after 3 months of no communication or when the mods are told by the dev. If someone were to read the thread they would know what is going on.

Jul 23, 2017
Abandoned is applied after 3 months of no communication or when the mods are told by the dev. If someone were to read the thread they would know what is going on.
And his last communication was 25th May on a patreon past stating he was 65% done on the update just 2-3 weeks after the 0.2b update. I'm not bashing the guy, I'm just saying if I hadn't played the game yet, I'd much rather know the game isn't likely to be updated again before playing. And it isn't like an abandon tag means if he did make contact, it couldn't just be taken off again.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
And his last communication was 25th May on a patreon past stating he was 65% done on the update just 2-3 weeks after the 0.2b update. I'm not bashing the guy, I'm just saying if I hadn't played the game yet, I'd much rather know the game isn't likely to be updated again before playing. And it isn't like an abandon tag means if he did make contact, it couldn't just be taken off again.
Which means this game will not get be marked abandoned before August 25th unless the dev asks the staff to do so.

3 MONTHS, get it?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
There is a valid reason because if it is COVID, they could be on a ventilator in an ICU, and there are reports out there of some people who come down so badly that they have spent almost 2 months in ICU, and some people even longer. If this is the case, then they're completely cut off from communication with the outside world.

The fact is that before all of this, Windward was very communicative, not just on Patreon but also with others in this adult game community. Zoey Raven, who writes the walkthrough, has even said that for them to be this silent for this long is unusual and worrying. So for it to be this long with no word is a troubling sign and we're all just hoping for the best.

That's still only 2 months ago so we haven't hit the 3 month marker for that tag yet, so there's still hope.

F1_V10

Apr 9, 2019
True, it seems for an internet forum where reading and typing are the main form of communication that people do none of the former and too much of the latter.
Sadly that is the bitter truth. While most of us are concerned about what happened to the dev, bickering about whether the game is abandoned or not seems childish, IMO.
Don't mind me, just talking out loud. No, this post ain't meant to offend anyone:LOL:!

Jul 23, 2017
There is a valid reason because if it is COVID, they could be on a ventilator in an ICU, and there are reports out there of some people who come down so badly that they have spent almost 2 months in ICU, and some people even longer. If this is the case, then they're completely cut off from communication with the outside world.

The fact is that before all of this, Windward was very communicative, not just on Patreon but also with others in this adult game community. Zoey Raven, who writes the walkthrough, has even said that for them to be this silent for this long is unusual and worrying. So for it to be this long with no word is a troubling sign and we're all just hoping for the best.

That's still only 2 months ago so we haven't hit the 3 month marker for that tag yet, so there's still hope.
I'm not sure why everyone seems to have a problem with my opinion. I am not saying anything negative about the dev and I only brought up Covid as that seems to be what everyone is assuming. If he has been on a ventilator for 2 months, it is safe to say he won't be returning to develop the game for quite some time. I don't want the game to be abandoned, and would still hold out hope that he returns to finish/carry on once able; again the only reason I think the abandon tag is a good idea is because people like me would rather not download and play such a promising game, just to then realize the dev hasn't made any contact for over 2 months, and any updates look unlikely at least for the foreseeable future.

I understand the site waits for 3 months, but as you said, the dev is normally very communicable, and people who had direct lines to him are saying it is complete radio silence.

I have been reading this forum, I have been on his patreon page, I'm not completely ignorant. I understand it seems many people don't share my opinion, but for some reason everyone here seems to think I am being malicious, and want the game abandoned. I can assure you I do not.

4.60 star(s) 63 Votes