Nightless

Jan 13, 2018
Yeah there are many star wars games that suck, but hey somebody has to get it right sometime :D So giving it a try ;D

yeah after I tryed it...hmm it looks ok but I really do not get why developer upload games that take 5 mins to play. I mean would you not be unhappy to play that yourself? I mean for some people with bad internet it takes more time to download than to play ;D Not that I am one of those ^^

Last edited:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Nice start good opening scene with the stormtroopers and nice touch with the music, bit short to make anything of it yet but the signs look promising (y)

doubblenow

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
Alright so:
I like the fact that it's original story, that isn't just you co-opting some main character. That's a definite plus. The opening could use some more rendered screens, it feels like there should be some actual combat shown with the troopers. Even just freeze framing some blaster bolts mid air while our character hides or fires back. You also really need to do more scenes when telling his backstory, the single shot from space isn't enough when you start talking about characters. I got done reading through it and thought "I'm never going to remember these names because I don't have any faces to associate them with.

I'll give you a 3 of 5 for now.

Things that I hope to see:
Evolving story based on choices
Some form of combat and force power use that's actually useful, not just "Mind Trick Seduction" or something stupid like that.
Original antagonists.
Some of the main cast appearing would be fine, so long as they aren't the central focus and you don't devolve into something like seducing Rey since that would break her character.
Hi RoadWulf,
thank you for your wonderful feedback.
I'll definitely work on the points you mentioned.
The problem I am facing is simple :) so many things to do.
Currently, I am focusing on the backend of the game, the character engine and the check system (skill check, combat attack check, etc.), I think it is probably the best approach in terms of update ability of the game in the future if the basic backend is already in place.
I admit the release is a bit rushed, but I was just too eager to get feedback.
As you might have noticed, the end screen states I am on vacation. The initial plan was to release in two weeks.

Please, continue with your constructive criticism, and I will listen and hope to be able to fix the issues you, and others may have.

Methos23

Mar 9, 2018
All I want to know is if I can become a Sith. :oops:
You need to hear the tragedy of Darth plagueis the wise and cut someone hand and kill younglings Jedi masters separatist fight your old master get your limbs cut off and fall in lava and wait for the medical capsule and become half machine now you are a sith this is what Anakin did to become a sith can you do it?

zombie666

Aug 4, 2017
Yeah there are many star wars games that suck, but hey somebody has to get it right sometime :D So giving it a try ;D

yeah after I tryed it...hmm it looks ok but I really do not get why developer upload games that take 5 mins to play. I mean would you not be unhappy to play that yourself? I mean for some people with bad internet it takes more time to download than to play ;D Not that I am one of those ^^
You can always ask for your money back.

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderRob

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
What happened to the purple hair bounty hunter you had in the preview topic ? she was an amazing model !

Ioled

Jun 12, 2018
I gladly will take any and all constructive feedback
Try to add at least some new sex scenes in every update (not counting minor bug fixes) and try to update it regularly (say once a month perhaps?, again not counting minor bug fixes).

Do that and people here will likely be happy.

Dictateur

Aug 7, 2016
There are really not enough games with Twi'lek in them (that have decent content at least)

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
You need to hear the tragedy of Darth plagueis the wise and cut someone hand and kill younglings Jedi masters separatist fight your old master get your limbs cut off and fall in lava and wait for the medical capsule and become half machine now you are a sith this is what Anakin did to become a sith can you do it?
Nah that sounds painful and machines can't have sex. I would rather go the Emperor/Darth Maul type route. Force lightning and dual/double-sided sabers. lol

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
doubblenow some suggestions:
  • Make a Mac version. It's easy - when you do "Build Distributions", check "Macintosh x86_64". Ren'Py will do everything for you, and give you a zip file, just like the Windows version.
  • In "Build Distributions", use "PC Windows and Linux" instead of "Windows x86". You'll get a game that can run on both Windows and Linux.
  • Open a ticket and ask the mods to give you the developer tag.
  • Some of the images on your Patreon page, on the patron benefits section on the right, are very dark. When making images, you might want to play with the lighting for mood, but always make sure that people can see the important things. There are many tutorials about this for photography and filmmaking on the web; the same principles apply.
  • On the Patreon page you say you're new to Phyton. I think you mean Python. :)

Reactions: LewdTheLolis

doubblenow

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
doubblenow some suggestions:
  • Make a Mac version. It's easy - when you do "Build Distributions", check "Macintosh x86_64". Ren'Py will do everything for you, and give you a zip file, just like the Windows version.
  • In "Build Distributions", use "PC Windows and Linux" instead of "Windows x86". You'll get a game that can run on both Windows and Linux.
  • Some of the images on your Patreon page, on the patron benefits section on the right, are very dark. When making images, you might want to play with the lighting for mood, but always make sure that people can see the important things. There are many tutorials about this for photography and filmmaking on the web; the same principles apply.
  • On the Patreon page you say you're new to Phyton. I think you mean Python. :)
I was hesitant about deploying a game on a platform that I can't troubleshoot.
But, checking it in RenPy is easy enough.
The trouble will start if platform-specific issues arise.
Done :)

Gonna have to redo the Images after some reading into the lightning topic.
Currently, it's more a personal taste thing.

Reactions: Endrju

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018

well..it does clearly say "tech demo" dev is testing the waters..seeing if it attracts people..seeing what we find wrong or right with it..thus..demo...lol

doubblenow

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
well..it does clearly say "tech demo" dev is testing the waters..seeing if it attracts people..seeing what we find wrong or right with it..thus..demo...lol
ThunderRob has brought it pretty much to the point.
It is at the moment, not much more than an intro with the first game sequence.
True, that is not much, but it's a good start to involve the community at this stage.
Listening to what people like and what they don't like.
What could be better, what is utter crap?
I will try to get the character system working within the next week or two, and present an updated demo with the basic attribute and skill system.
But in the meantime, I can get valuable input considering the expectations and wishes of you guys.
Because in the end, I try to make a game for you!

Reactions: Endrju

Karl the Sergal

Donor
Nov 20, 2017
yes

doubblenow

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
No wonder that Darth Vader was so bad-tempered,
having your private parts turned to ashes really ruins the day, and those that follow :)

Reactions: Odin Eye Patch

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Nah that sounds painful and machines can't have sex. I would rather go the Emperor/Darth Maul type route. Force lightning and dual/double-sided sabers. lol
Machines can't have sex? Of course they can!

Stupid youtube non-embedable videos.

4.30 star(s) 7 Votes