HPkingt1

Jan 24, 2018
Getting a game breaking bug where I'm missing scenes where I need to meet Linda in the Alley but because of all the ignores I have to do it gives me a game over. This is the traceback.

Edit.: Using ignore gets me through the phone portion but takes me directly to the house after that meaning I straight away get the message from Linda saying she will rely on Charles instead.

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Getting a game breaking bug where I'm missing scenes where I need to meet Linda in the Alley but because of all the ignores I have to do it gives me a game over. This is the traceback.

Edit.: Using ignore gets me through the phone portion but takes me directly to the house after that meaning I straight away get the message from Linda saying she will rely on Charles instead.
Get the latest Version 1.02 plus bugfix from first post.

Reactions: KiGa

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
So what more can a developer do to prevent unauthorized patches from reaching their game, and thus distorting their image in the eyes of big brother (patron)?
not much, can try allow players to set relationships (still not banned by patreon), switch to unity or unreal, make games w/o and landladies/lords or single young guy/woman having relationships. etc.

• Hey there
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
not much, can try allow players to set relationships (still not banned by patreon), switch to unity or unreal, make games w/o and landladies/lords or single young guy/woman having relationships. etc.
No i mean i say that from the perspective of someone that hates that shit and wants nothing to do with it.... so if I make a game, how do stop players from subverting the relationships? I can't believe those that are getting banned aren't at least leaning into it a little bit, there's sideway winks everywhere here, then people get all pikachu-faced when something happens. Sorry ill derail bangcityguy no more, but i dont wanna see him get caught up in something hes never encouraged.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
No i mean i say that from the perspective of someone that hates that shit and wants nothing to do with it.... so if I make a game, how do stop players from subverting the relationships? I can't believe those that are getting banned aren't at least leaning into it a little bit, there's sideway winks everywhere here, then people get all pikachu-faced when something happens. Sorry ill derail bangcityguy no more, but i dont wanna see him get caught up in something hes never encouraged.
simply can't.

• Sad

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
So what more can a developer do to prevent unauthorized patches from reaching their game, and thus distorting their image in the eyes of big brother (patron)?
Unfortunately, this is hardly possible. We developers usually use game engines that are free and provide scripts that are easy to edit. Any fool can make a patch and unfortunately we can't prevent that.
This not only causes the problem that our games are manipulated, but it is also a potential source of bugs in the game.

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
You are of course right that this is a problem. With this method you could easily eliminate the competition or simply cause damage out of sheer stupidity or malice. But what are you going to do about it? Develop your own game engine for which there are no freely available editors? Or write a plot that makes it pointless to make a patch? If someone can change your text, then they can change the whole story and make whatever they want out of it.
I expect that someone will change my next game again and turn Julia into Roger's (step)mother, even though they are the same age. Some kind of crap with rejuvenation pills or similar crap is easy to pull out of your fingers.
And if anyone wants to, you can even add their own images to the game.

Jul 25, 2022
But it is thanks to these third-party patches that certain games are listed and promoted in some incest topics, one of which has approximately more than 13,000 users. This generates several supporters I'm sure.

BangCityGuy

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
But it is thanks to these third-party patches that certain games are listed and promoted in some incest topics, one of which has approximately more than 13,000 users. This generates several supporters I'm sure.
Aha, I have about 50 patrons. My income is just enough to pay for the electricity.
Maybe my game is so bad that hardly anyone is willing to support me, or maybe I just haven't done enough promotion.
I realize that people like to play such games for free, because there are enough of them and the self-service mentality is widespread among players of such games.
So this patch hasn't helped me in any way, it's just a possible source of error that I'd like to do without.
That's all I have to say.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx
Jul 25, 2022
Aha, I have about 50 patrons. My income is just enough to pay for the electricity.
Maybe my game is so bad that hardly anyone is willing to support me, or maybe I just haven't done enough promotion.
I realize that people like to play such games for free, because there are enough of them and the self-service mentality is widespread among players of such games.
So this patch hasn't helped me in any way, it's just a possible source of error that I'd like to do without.
That's all I have to say.
I personally liked your game, thanks to the incest patch, but if you hate incest so much, be more strict in your next project regarding the inclusion of third-party patches. Good luck on your next project.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
cause with patch landlady becomes mommy, sexy roomie becomes sexy sister, etc so game becomes incest even if dev didn't write about incest.

liked the game, the incest patch worked well despite the developer being against it lol
I wish you good luck with the next project.
like said earlier dev has no easy way to prevent that and hard way would take too long and eventually wasted effort.

3.00 star(s) 49 Votes