TGH316

Sep 21, 2018
Yeah no judging here :) . The dev on Patreon said he/she/they were actually pretty (pleasantly) shocked at the demand for Janice and even Fran. I guess they didn't expect it.

Yeah I think its a strength of the game that there are a number of women with different body types and ages.

*Edit: They might need to add a signature for Janice ;)
Looking forward to Fran content too lol, I haven't played since 0.2, I started again since I wanted to remember what was going on and ended up with more dark points (since I figured out you can improve relations with Drakos with his time :D) and then got the dom path and I was well hyped lol. Decided to start again once I got the error from the patch just incase but I can't get the dom path again :(.

Reactions: HandofVecna

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Yet another game that suffers from too many choices with too many characters. In this update, if you choose not to go out with the ex girlfriend you end up with only about 5 minutes of gameplay.

Having choices that matter in games is great, but you spread development time too thin if you lock a majority of content behind a decision. I have no interest in the ex gf, pretty face but she is too skinny for my taste and she's a bitch. Yet if I don't want to miss half the update I have to go out with her.

HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
Yet another game that suffers from too many choices with too many characters. In this update, if you choose not to go out with the ex girlfriend you end up with only about 5 minutes of gameplay.

Having choices that matter in games is great, but you spread development time too thin if you lock a majority of content behind a decision. I have no interest in the ex gf, pretty face but she is too skinny for my taste and she's a bitch. Yet if I don't want to miss half the update I have to go out with her.
If they had given us no choice(s) kinetic novel style we'd have to go out with her anyway and then we would have complained that there was no choice and we had to go out with her. I mean literally we can't have it both ways.

This is the dev Choice Paradox. We all gripe we want choices. Dev give us choices then we all gripe because we miss content. Dev loses 50% of his support if he has no choices and 50% if he does have choice because people miss content. Doing no choices is a hell of a lot less work. So if you are going to lose 50% anyway lose the people who say they want choice and just do a Kinetic Novel for the people who want content and all of us who want choice can just go pound sand and play kinetic novels and gripe about how we had to go out with X character because we had no choice. Less work for the Dev and he/she still keeps 50% of the support.

This is why we can't have nice things lol. I think it's why this game hasn't picked up more traction. Hopefully, IMHO, the Dev ignores this and keeps giving choice but honestly would not blame them if they said, f all and just did a kinetic novel. :unsure:

Any Devs out there thinking of jumping into game making keep the Choice Paradox in mind and save yourself a HUGE headache.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
If they had given us no choice(s) kinetic novel style we'd have to go out with her anyway and then we would have complained that there was no choice and we had to go out with her. I mean literally we can't have it both ways.

This is the dev Choice Paradox. We all gripe we want choices. Dev give us choices then we all gripe because we miss content. Dev loses 50% of his support if he has no choices and 50% if he does have choice because people miss content. Doing no choices is a hell of a lot less work. So if you are going to lose 50% anyway lose the people who say they want choice and just do a Kinetic Novel for the people who want content and all of us who want choice can just go pound sand and play kinetic novels and gripe about how we had to go out with X character because we had no choice. Less work for the Dev and he/she still keeps 50% of the support.

This is why we can't have nice things lol. I think it's why this game hasn't picked up more traction. Hopefully, IMHO, the Dev ignores this and keeps giving choice but honestly would not blame them if they said, f all and just did a kinetic novel. :unsure:

Any Devs out there thinking of jumping into game making keep the Choice Paradox in mind and save yourself a HUGE headache.
You make some very good points.

I enjoy making meaningful choices in games. But the choice should never be 'if you say "no" to a decision you get no content'. The choice should always offer an alternative. If you say no to a date with X then you go out with Y. Making decisions should give alternative content, not lock you out of a decision tree of content and give you nothing else.

HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
You make some very good points.

I enjoy making meaningful choices in games. But the choice should never be 'if you say "no" to a decision you get no content'. The choice should always offer an alternative. If you say no to a date with X then you go out with Y. Making decisions should give alternative content, not lock you out of a decision tree of content and give you nothing else.
You got to admit though that if the worse thing you have to do to get to
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
...well high class problems :ROFLMAO:

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
Yeah no judging here :) . The dev on Patreon said he/she/they were actually pretty (pleasantly) shocked at the demand for Janice and even Fran. I guess they didn't expect it.

Yeah I think its a strength of the game that there are a number of women with different body types and ages.

*Edit: They might need to add a signature for Janice ;)
After looking at the code shortly after the release for this version, i didn't see any option to dominate Janice in there. The only options are to sub or get the hell out of dodge. Which is odd, considering all the other triggers still exist in conversations. So either the dev removed it to lessen player agency or someone had a fat finger while coding.

HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
After looking at the code shortly after the release for this version, i didn't see any option to dominate Janice in there. The only options are to sub or get the hell out of dodge. Which is odd, considering all the other triggers still exist in conversations. So either the dev removed it to lessen player agency or someone had a fat finger while coding.
IDK, might be in the patch? Dev sometimes checks these pages. Maybe PM him.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020

Kinetic Novel are a lot less popular.

But the low amount of content depending on your route is only a problem while the game is in development. Once the game is finished you won't feel that way. But playing it update by update can have that effect, unless an update is worked on for 3 months or more to include a good amount of content for all routes.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
I've seen that there is a variable gg_sub (Gena). It is always ) even if you rape her. Does someone know if we can have points there or is it for future reference?

thanks

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I've seen that there is a variable gg_sub (Gena). It is always ) even if you rape her. Does someone know if we can have points there or is it for future reference?

thanks
We might need the dark mind patch to be able to answer that one. Feels like that one will be connected to that patch.

nn2017

Nov 26, 2017
Someone could help me, every time I start to play I get to the party scene, at the beginning of the game, and it stops, I get a warning that BoB stopped working and closes the game for me

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Someone could help me, every time I start to play I get to the party scene, at the beginning of the game, and it stops, I get a warning that BoB stopped working and closes the game for me
I didn't have anything even remotely similar to what you describe, so I'm not sure. Are you using the mobile conversion? Are you using a save from v1.00 or v1.00b maybe? I don't remember needing to restart the game with v0.02, but maybe that's an issue. My last save from v0.02 loaded just fine, and I didn't see any errors when playing through this latest release.

3.70 star(s) 54 Votes