Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
That was a notably clean, well variety paced, and solid universal appeal themed presentation start.

Too early in development to make a review with any real substance behind it, but a lot of devs out there could take notes here on how to make a first impression step forward that offers the real potential to go that higher financial level plane latter.

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
That was the only one, don't worry :D
That's a shame then, because after seeing it implanted/utilized for the first time I could remember in another game just recently (I really only play daz model stuff), it really stuck me as a more positive unique and completely under-utilized aspect method in this 99% copycat game development genre of presenting an additional level of character depth. Not to mention from a dev pov it kinda brilliantly help adds an extra meaningful progression step to the standard carrot-on-a-stick appeal formula latter and once a game's LI reaches the advanced payout stage (BJ and up) most players crave and ask about the most. Which in turn just potentially helps extend the high interest lifespan they might towards your game (which tends to tail off once girls are " fuck conquered" and the game starts feeling "beat").

The condom actually worked great as a story tool there imo, as while that character obviously serves as a driving tool to include advanced payout content upfront, it helped present her in a way that wasn't overly cum dumpster slutty to the people who might appreciate the extra touch of sexy time realism that didn't just default to standard "fill me up...10 minutes after we met" throw away effort because that is all people copycat writing stories can come up with.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
The condom actually worked great as a story tool there imo, as while that character obviously serves as a driving tool to include advanced payout content upfront, it helped present her in a way that wasn't overly cum dumpster slutty to the people who might appreciate the extra touch of sexy time realism.
Unfortunately, the asset was a massive pain in the ass for Slockie to implement, and in the end it didn't look great. But I hope, regardless of the absence of condoms in future releases, you'll stick around because of the story we're telling. I genuinely hope there won't ever be a moment where you feel like you've "beat" the game. At least, not until it's completed with the ending you most wanted.

Reactions: youngethan

omzawep

Jan 27, 2021
And they clearly can't read, either. Maybe Omza shouldn't wep so hard that they go blind. I very specifically said, "I understand not letting others' opinions dictate your actions", but I guess that didn't fit into the answer they wanted to give, so they just conveniently ignored it.

There's a difference between that and a game's reputation. You even gave examples of exactly what I was saying, Omzawep, as if you were "refuting" me. A game's reputation is exactly what you were describing . . . so why did you reply to me in the first place? Slockie doesn't care about the game's reputation, apparently . . . which means if the game is known for unreliably high "reviews", people might stay away out of sheer red flags. . . .

Whatever, I'm done. If I write clearly and people can't be bothered to read what I write, it's pointless. Keep living in your fantasy world where people's opinions have 0% effect on momentum of a game's reception. Osama, I, and others have actually been trying to help, but clearly you all see it as an attack or something. Skewed perceptions like this, reality do not make. Aside from all of this, I really do wish the developers success, and I also really do look forward to where the game goes from here.
I wasn't disagreeing with you on when it is good to make changes and when it isn't. I was disagreeing with your interpretation of the Dev's comments. I think it is fairly clear that what he was trying to say is that he doesn't care what people think of his game as long as he is realizing his vision, but does care about getting more information about ways in which it fails to live up to it.

Reactions: youngethan

Slockie

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
i'm curious to know what the expected time between releases is?
We don't have a date yet set. All I know is we're starting work on it now and it's also going to be bigger than the first release :) But take this for what it is, we started making the game beginning of march. So about a month and a week for 540 renders.

snogard

Apr 26, 2017
The Heidi/Athena situation was a turn off for me, sad really, they seem interesting characters, so friendzoned for now.
Happy/relieved to see I'm not the only one feeling off in this; while playing kinda feel weird for the game telling me I should like gay scenes :WaitWhat:
Good intro though! Waiting for more. (y)
It wasn't the lesbian scene that turned me off, it was the fucking tattoos and piercings that did it for me.

visagedirect

Feb 21, 2020
We don't have a date yet set. All I know is we're starting work on it now and it's also going to be bigger than the first release :) But take this for what it is, we started making the game beginning of march. So about a month and a week for 540 renders.
Its a nice game Story good, Renders are good, but you have to implement /Add different colour text or shaded bar, (Half the text you cant read) Keep up the good work thumbs up from ME :)

• Angry
Reactions: BTLD

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Its a nice game Story good, Renders are good, but you have to implement /Add different colour text or shaded bar, (Half the text you cant read) Keep up the good work thumbs up from ME :)
Just an example of text ! but keep up good work :) View attachment 1146033
Quite literally the post above yours

Or just go into prefrences and edit the opacity instead :D
Also mentioned multiple time over the past 10+ pages but I'll link the most coherent one.
https://f95zone.to/threads/bare-witness-ch-1-alterworlds.79512/post-5550074

Also one of the devs did mention it will be sorted out for next release.
For the folks in the back of the thread: we accidentally set the text box opacity to 0. But you can modify that in Preferences. We suggest 40-50%. The next release it'll default to 50% and players can adjust accordingly.

Apologies for that error! We're still learning the ropes here. Hope you all stick around for chapter 2.

• Love
Reactions: BTLD

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Quite literally the post above yours

Also mentioned multiple time over the past 10+ pages but I'll link the most coherent one.
https://f95zone.to/threads/bare-witness-ch-1-alterworlds.79512/post-5550074

Also one of the devs did mention it will be sorted out for next release.
Ace, you are way too fucking beautiful of a human being to be spending your valuable time on fapwits. At this point we all just need to shelter in place until the devs release a second chapter.

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Ace, you are way too fucking beautiful of a human being to be spending your valuable time on fapwits. At this point we all just need to shelter in place until the devs release a second chapter.
The area I'm in, the lock-down has been extended. I either use up my allotted likes, using the one I try my best not to, or I politely point out what's already been mentioned with a pinch of subtle sarcasm.

Pretty sure you've figured out which I prefer. ;)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
The area I'm in, the lock-down has been extended. I either use up my allotted likes, using the one I try my best not to, or I politely point out what's already been mentioned with a pinch of subtle sarcasm.

Pretty sure you've figured out which I prefer. ;)
Indeed, I try to be judicious with mine as well and yet run out everyday.
This thread is sadly indicative of how people don’t bother to read when it gets in the way of the fapping.

I have multiple reasons to look forward to chapter 2, more hot ladies and less opacity in the text box. :ROFLMAO:

4.50 star(s) 227 Votes