Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Whatever the relationship between them, Valerie does not want you fucking Nicole. I don't blame her. And after she shares her life with you, how could you possibly think about cheating on her?! Shame on you!
You mean after I find out she was a total cyberstalker digging into my MC's past, potentially putting his life at risk? After that, I'd bang the blonde out of sheer spite, as I run as fast as possible from the cougar that literally stalked her prey.

But I get it, some people just get distracted by a pretty face and a big pair of tits and can't think past that. :sneaky:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
She really isn't. Everything with her at the start was making sure you understood you had to be a subservient little bitch that adhered to her whims. You jumped when she said jump or she kicked you to the streets. I suppose if you get off on being treated like shit it works really well.
Yeah, you definitely didn't play that route if you believe that. I won't spoil it for you. (y)
You mean after I find out she was a total cyberstalker digging into my MC's past, potentially putting his life at risk? After that, I'd bang the blonde out of sheer spite, as I run as fast as possible from the cougar that literally stalked her prey.

But I get it, some people just get distracted by a pretty face and a big pair of tits and can't think past that. :sneaky:
Huh ... I've had these thoughts independently, but never together. Both of the solo-*only* girls start the relationship with varying degrees of manipulation -- Z is basically "do what I say when I say or don't talk to me" and V is "do what you want, but I know who you are, but don't worry" -- where I can't think of anything the MASH girls do that I would call that, at least not early on. Maybe Heidi's aggressive teasing? But it doesn't come across like that to me.

Still, interesting comparison.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
She really isn't. Everything with her at the start was making sure you understood you had to be a subservient little bitch that adhered to her whims. You jumped when she said jump or she kicked you to the streets. I suppose if you get off on being treated like shit it works really well.
Yeah, you definitely didn't play that route if you believe that. I won't spoil it for you. (y)
what ?
i played her route and not even once i got any of this
it was all lovey dovey so to speak
yk you can play her route without dom/sub

Last edited:
Reactions: turbojoe

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021

So, a woman who lost her husband and child in a shooting in her home, and you are concerned that she does a background check on someone before deciding to get intimate? :unsure:

That's stalking?! Kids these days. Look at someone and you are a creep. Check their social media and you are stalking. How does anyone have a relationship these days with all these ridiculous rules and expectations? :ROFLMAO:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
So, a woman who lost her husband and child in a shooting in her home, and you are concerned that she does a background check on someone before deciding to get intimate? :unsure:

That's stalking?! Kids these days. Look at someone and you are a creep. Check their social media and you are stalking. How does anyone have a relationship these days with all these ridiculous rules and expectations? :ROFLMAO:
Remember: it's only stalking if someone else is doing it; if you're doing it, it's research and protecting yourself. ;):LOL:

I'm on your side of this discussion. I'm too old and too experienced to accept people at face value anymore - been burned enough in the past by being trusting and accepting without any skepticism whatsoever. When an AVN shows a person with damage doing this kind of thing, it adds reality to what is otherwise a complete fantasy, because in reality, no dude gets all the girls and ends up with a harem unless coercion and/or lots of cash is involved and regardless of which route/method is used, not all of them will be happy about it.

Last edited:

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019

A basic background check isn't going to reveal my original identity if I'm in WitSec. Glancing at social media won't, either. She did more than just a few minutes of googling.

Honestly, if you're that intrusive, you're already a toxic partner.

• Haha
Reactions: Nurikabe

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
what ?
Try again and don't cancel your plans with somebody else. You get dropped like a hot potato for daring to have a life that doesn't revolve around her whims.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Remember: it's only stalking if someone else is doing it; if you're doing it, it's research and protecting yourself. ;):LOL:

I'm on your side of this discussion. I'm too old and too experienced to accept people at face value anymore - been burned enough in the past by being trusting and accepting without any skepticism whatsoever. When an AVN shows a person with damage doing this kind of thing, it adds reality to what is otherwise a complete fantasy, because in reality, no dude gets all the girls and ends up with a harem unless coercion and/or lots of cash is involved and regardless of which route/method is used, not all of them will be happy about it.
I am with you. All it takes is one really bad relationship to mess it up for everyone who comes after.

Reactions: Son of Durin

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
A basic background check isn't going to reveal my original identity if I'm in WitSec. Glancing at social media won't, either. She did more than just a few minutes of googling.

Honestly, if you're that intrusive, you're already a toxic partner.
Ok, let's play this out.
A background check (and you might be surprised what they reveal) would show any inconsistency in his story. His "Chicago" accent tells a piece of that story. His lack of knowledge about how locals refer to their neighborhood or city shows more inconsistency. And a person with Valerie's background, being a cautious person herself, would certainly want to protect herself and be aware of who she invites into her bed, would have enough pieces to start putting together. But she left it at that. Accepted who he was. Told him the truth about doing a background check, and that she put some pieces together.

This is not a "toxic" person. Nor is it a "toxic" relationship. It is an open, honest, modern relationship. Background checks are easy to obtain and very inexpensive. I would recommend them to anyone who is doing online dating or meeting people who don't come from friends' or coworkers' recommendations. And that comes from rather personal, highly unfortunate first-hand experience.

How the MC takes that information is up to him. How they, as a couple, deal with this determines how it will be perceived. The MC could take offense and then maybe he might consider this "toxic." Or maybe Valerie might consider the new information too dangerous and a personal threat. Hell, then she could even consider that "toxic."

But for someone on the outside to throw a "toxic' label on it because you think that she pried too much into his personal life? Or that doing a background check and asking questions was stalking behavior? That's silly.

Hell, I am an extremely cautious person and have a serious amount of trust issues because everyone lies. But not once did I even flinch when the background check was mentioned. My concern throughout this has been that he is a danger to all of these people. We all come with baggage. It just so happens that his baggage is lethal.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Ok, let's play this out.
A background check (and you might be surprised what they reveal) would show any inconsistency in his story. His "Chicago" accent tells a piece of that story. His lack of knowledge about how locals refer to their neighborhood or city shows more inconsistency. And a person with Valerie's background, being a cautious person herself, would certainly want to protect herself and be aware of who she invites into her bed, would have enough pieces to start putting together. But she left it at that. Accepted who he was. Told him the truth about doing a background check, and that she put some pieces together.

This is not a "toxic" person. Nor is it a "toxic" relationship. It is an open, honest, modern relationship. Background checks are easy to obtain and very inexpensive. I would recommend them to anyone who is doing online dating or meeting people who don't come from friends' or coworkers' recommendations. And that comes from rather personal, highly unfortunate first-hand experience.

How the MC takes that information is up to him. How they, as a couple, deal with this determines how it will be perceived. The MC could take offense and then maybe he might consider this "toxic." Or maybe Valerie might consider the new information too dangerous and a personal threat. Hell, then she could even consider that "toxic."

But for someone on the outside to throw a "toxic' label on it because you think that she pried too much into his personal life? Or that doing a background check and asking questions was stalking behavior? That's silly.

Hell, I am an extremely cautious person and have a serious amount of trust issues because everyone lies. But not once did I even flinch when the background check was mentioned. My concern throughout this has been that he is a danger to all of these people. We all come with baggage. It just so happens that his baggage is lethal.
Nicely done, but please realize you can't reason with an unreasonable person. After seeing so much of this kind of thing in the past, I put him on ignore months ago...

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
An open, honest relationship doesn't include digging into somebody's past without discussing it in advance. Feeling entitled to everybody's (potentially private) background details and digging at it rather than discussing it with them first? That's also not very open and honest.

I can respect that you and some others may have been burned, but somebody doing that to me would throw up red flags all over the field, and I'd do us both a favor and simply cut them out of my life at that point. If you ask me about myself, I may very well tell you a great deal, much of which can't be found through other channels, because there's very little I keep hidden (but there surely are some things). I won't generally bother with lying, because I don't have the energy to waste on trying to keep that shit straight.

But if you automatically can't believe something I've told you without trying to do a background check? Then I could never trust you. You've no respect for privacy or personal boundaries. It is toxic behavior. Just because you feel it's justified doesn't make it right.

If you and I were getting to know each other and you asked how I'd feel about you running a background check? I'd probably tell I think it's creepy, but as long as you're footing the bill for it I really don't give a shit. Informed consent is a very important thing.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
what ?
It's not really about sub/dom. But she DOES drop you like a hot potato if you don't go to her public party at the start, so maybe the relationship isn't toxic, still she doesn't give you a chance if you don't jump when she says to.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Try again and don't cancel your plans with somebody else. You get dropped like a hot potato for daring to have a life that doesn't revolve around her whims.
It's not really about sub/dom. But she DOES drop you like a hot potato if you don't go to her public party at the start, so maybe the relationship isn't toxic, still she doesn't give you a chance if you don't jump when she says to.
I swear, I was on the previous page when I made my comment ...

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
But if you automatically can't believe something I've told you without trying to do a background check?
It's made fairly clear that the answers MC gives Valeria when she first meets him were incorrect to the point that she immediately doubted his story. Her further prodding just confirmed to her that MC was lying. I know not every player caught that when it happened in the first chapter, but Valeria does outright say that his answers weren't adding up when she confronts him later about his identity.

I get that in most situations a background check on someone you just started seeing might feel inappropriate. But you have a woman dealing with the aftermath of a traumatic experience the likes of which most of us will hopefully never encounter. Val feels the need to protect herself. And while she found MC attractive and enjoyed talking with him, she wasn't going to solidify a relationship (even if that relationship is simply "fuck buddies") if she couldn't determine why he was lying to her about his background.

If you feel that makes her "toxic," then you're certainly entitled to that opinion. But I think it's a bad opinion and you should be ashamed of yourself. Say 10 Hail Slockies, turn three times, and spit, and I will absolve you my child.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
If you feel that makes her "toxic," then you're certainly entitled to that opinion. But I think it's a bad opinion and you should be ashamed of yourself.
She could have called bullshit right from the start and hashed it out, but didn't. She opted for subterfuge. RED FLAG.

Obviously the MC isn't the best at living another identity and all, but that's still not a good enough excuse in my book.

If Mark Wahlberg walks in and tells me he's from Cali, the first thing I would probably say is "Then why do you have a fuckin Boston accent?"

Say 10 Hail Slockies, turn three times, and spit, and I will absolve you my child.
Out of respect for the both of you, there will be no spitting. Somebody has to clean these floors.

4.40 star(s) 222 Votes