Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Some folks are entitled, Saying that.

Content should be avoidable.
what i mean about it. Having a option to Skip a scene or a LI (the scene can exist. I just want do be able do skip with a click).
Strong disagree. Saying the dev should make content avoidable due to the complaints of fans is almost as entitled as saying that he shouldn't include it.

It a developer's vision, its his/or her art. Let them tell the story they want, without asking for special game modifications to suit your own personal preference. There are many hundreds of games here that are heterosexual MF only, with no side FF fun, so don't come and complain on those that include some MFF action or other FF events, to try to get the devs to suit your narrow taste.

Like what you like, but don't tell others they have to accommodate you personally. That is the definition of entitlement. Where "you" are the main character in someone else's game

Does anyone read a novel and then ask the author to include all throughout the book "The next scene involves violence, skip to page 377 to avoid." and "This next scene involves some unpleasant feelings, skip to page 423 to avoid."

Just no.

Last edited:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Strong disagree. Saying the dev should make content avoidable due to the complaints of fans is almost as entitled as saying that he shouldn't include it.

It a developer's vision, its his/or her art. Let them tell the story they want, without asking for special game modifications to suit your own personal preference. There are many hundreds of games here that are heterosexual MF only, with no side FF fun, so don't come and complain on those that include some MFF action or other FF events, to try to get the devs to suit your narrow taste.

Like what you like, but don't tell others they have to accommodate you personally. That is the definition of entitlement. Where "you" are the main character in someone else's game

Does anyone read a novel and then ask the author to include all throughout the book "The next scene involves violence, skip to page 377 to avoid." and "This next scene involves some unpleasant feelings, skip to page 423 to avoid."

Just no.
I agree devs should tell their stories.
The problem is the difference between novels and VNs is that VNs are created piece by piece, novels are already written. Devs often do change the story to suit the fans, especially the ones giving them money. So why wouldn't people want to get the devs to change it to their way when it happens pretty often. I'm not sure that's entitlement, that's just how the VNs have often worked.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I agree devs should tell their stories.
The problem is the difference between novels and VNs is that VNs are created piece by piece, novels are already written. Devs often do change the story to suit the fans, especially the ones giving them money. So why wouldn't people want to get the devs to change it to their way when it happens pretty often. I'm not sure that's entitlement, that's just how the VNs have often worked.
Not so much recently.

Fewer devs are willing to change their story because they don't want to hate what they are creating.

A lot of the games that get abandoned are by devs that have lost interest because they let fans change their game into something they no longer want to work on. Devs have got wise to that and, for the most part, stopped making huge changes that go against what they want to make.

It is entitlement though, regardless of how it's looked at.

A devs job is to make a game, our job is to play it. Then we decide if we like it or not and then either continue playing or find something that suits us.

Now we come into the era of entitlement and far too many people think they are important and demand things to go their way.

It goes back to the old "the customer is always right" which not many stores still subscribe to because they learnt one important lesson over the years, any customer that thinks like that is a fucking idiot.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Bare Witness [Ch. 4] [AlterWorlds] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 4,97 GB / 1,01 GB - BareWitness-0.4-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 4,93 GB / 0,97 GB - BareWitness-0.4-mac-crunched.zip
= ~20,3% of the original size, image/video quality 80% (png 90%)/60%

Download (PC*/Mac): Workupload - Pixeldrain

(y) My compressious likeses! (y) Give them to us you filthy little pervertses! :p

This compression is unofficial and untested, use it at your own risk.
The compressing process reduces the quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Since this is pretty buried in search, here it is again. Just download the update patch from op.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021

Just no.
Given I've ignored that guy, I have to give you a thumbs up just on principle. Given your statement, I remember why, I think. :ROFLMAO:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Given I've ignored that guy, I have to give you a thumbs up just on principle. Given your statement, I remember why, I think. :ROFLMAO:
I haven't ignored him 'cause that was the first post of his I remember seeing, he wasn't overtly rude, and I enjoyed the ramble my response took me on ...

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020

Just no.
You know what's worse than being a Karen? Being an Annie Wilkes, from Misery.

I feel that that attitude is often linked to too much immersion in a story, taking things too personally (as did Annie Wilkes above).

Slockie

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
Hey yall, we recently got our steam page approved and is now live! If you want to help support us (even if you don't end up buying the game) we ask you to please wishlist the game, it truly helps out a ton with exposure to hopefully bring in more traffic.

The game isn't actually live on steam yet, but it will be as soon as Chapter 5 is finished and the game is complete! It's been a long road coming and are so excited for the future.

Love ya'll <3

4.40 star(s) 221 Votes