hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
Put there to be annoying. Let Devs upload their games without much hassle/hoops and let people enjoy their games in peace.
To be honest, it really is fucking ridiculous that they wouldn't even allow incest games for Steam, I mean come on. But still, they make the rules, so we have no say on this.

So much for free speech. :censored:

Kirel

Mar 18, 2018
Even with Steam allowing incest, it's possible that a dev may run into trouble with Patreon if they upload a version of their game with incest in it for Steam and Patreon becomes aware of it. Additionally, devs may not want to create and manage multiple versions of their games for different platforms (i.e. the Steam and SubscribeStar versions have incest, while the Patreon version does not). I agree it's dumb, but it is what it is at this point.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
"Multiple developers found their visual novels have been banned from Steam as Valve tackles erotic games that feature problematic or possibly illegal content, such as school settings or incest. "Dec 10, 2018
School settings are absolutely an issue (lots of games coding high school as "college" to try to get around the rule, but Steam has been banning those as well), and I think when they refer to incest, they're almost exclusively referring to parent/child incest in situations where the child's age is ambiguous or can be set by the player (which is what happened to A Petal Among Thorns when it was denied for publishing on Steam).

Steam really doesn't have an problem with incest in general. Their rules have no mention of it, and I've spoken with a handful of other devs who have published on there without issue.

One key concern for a lot of devs is abiding by Patreon rules, since they will absolutely ding you for posting versions of your game elsewhere that include incest. However, Patreon has had no problem with Bare Witness and it appears that cousins having sex isn't something that is against their rules. If that changes in the future, we've already got a backup plan for amending Sadie's relationship to MC.

Reactions: Uriel ☁

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
Patreon has had no problem with Bare Witness and it appears that cousins having sex isn't something that is against their rules. If that changes in the future, we've already got a backup plan for amending Sadie's relationship to MC.

That's good to know. I'll definitely pick up the game on Steam if it's good to go.

Yeah, Patreon is definitely a factor when it comes to certain games needing an I-patch or not.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
The First Amendment does not prohibit restriction of speech on a private level; Valve, like Meta or X Corp. (stupid ass name) have the right to regulate content.
I guess thank you for elaborating on what I said. I guess some people might not understand the implications.

Last edited:
Reactions: fatcat2112

DubbleU

Aug 2, 2023
You'd be surprised. Bought some AVN's on Steam that require me to come here and download a patch to play with the incest intact (MILFS of Sunville, F.I.L.F, Dreams of Desire, My Pleasure)

I want to avoid buying those types of AVN's again. So, before I buy more games on there that have incest, I need to make sure the game gives you the options.
Always thought it was funny when they don't give the option, especially when it makes the dialog non-sensical, and these grown ass strangers give you an allowance and such, or dictate other aspects of your life. "You can't be having sex with your roommate/landlady that's just gross!" Wait, really? Is it in the Tenant or Leasing rules, what's nasty about banging someone just because you share a living space? XD

Agreed, options for Ages, Names(MC and other characters), and their Relationships to the MC are nice.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Always thought it was funny when they don't give the option, especially when it makes the dialog non-sensical, and these grown ass strangers give you an allowance and such, or dictate other aspects of your life. "You can't be having sex with your roommate/landlady that's just gross!" Wait, really? Is it in the Tenant or Leasing rules, what's nasty about banging someone just because you share a living space? XD

Agreed, options for Ages, Names(MC and other characters), and their Relationships to the MC are nice.
I have to admit I do have a bit of an issue with one term--roommate. It implies that you are sharing a bedroom. True, I've seen cases where that is the case, as in Walkius' "You're my youngest daughter's childhood friend, so the two of you will be sleeping together," but usually people are housemates with separate bedrooms.

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
I have to admit I do have a bit of an issue with one term--roommate. It implies that you are sharing a bedroom.
Not in the U.S. Generally speaking, most people will call the people they share a home with (and are unrelated to or not in romantic relationships with) "roommates." "Housemate" is a relatively uncommon term here, and "flatmate" isn't used at all.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Not in the U.S. Generally speaking, most people will call the people they share a home with (and are unrelated to or not in romantic relationships with) "roommates." "Housemate" is a relatively uncommon term here, and "flatmate" isn't used at all.
Exactly. As a noun, the word "room" refers to a space, with a secondary definition of an enclosed space which is used in reference to a specific room. In North America the word "room" is also used as a verb to refer to sharing a living space.

:geek: Sorry for nerding out...

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Wait, really? Is it in the Tenant or Leasing rules, what's nasty about banging someone just because you share a living space? XD
It's probably in the fine print where if you cum all over your landlady you lose your cleaning deposit.

• Haha
Reactions: Dragon59
4.50 star(s) 227 Votes