Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I just finished playing this and I really like Mora, Val and Zenda so far. Though after this update Val is suspicious as hell and seems to be far more than meets the eye and Zenda seems to have her own intentions which is interesting though I get the feeling she is far to good for the MC.

I just want to say that I really like that you guys used an Indian model for Zenda it's not something you see much in these kind of games and makes her stand out more. Zenda basically calling the MC a pussy and telling him not to talk to her again if you leave when you see her dancing with another guy was also hilarious to me for some reason :KEK:.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I just finished playing this and I really like Mora, Val and Zenda so far. Though after this update Val is suspicious as hell and seems to be far more than meets the eye and Zenda seems to have her own intentions which is interesting though I get the feeling she is far to good for the MC.

I just want to say that I really like that you guys used an Indian model for Zenda it's not something you see much in these kind of games and makes her stand out more. Zenda basically calling the MC a pussy and telling him not to talk to her again if you leave when you see her dancing with another guy was also hilarious to me for some reason :KEK:.
I didn't trust Val because when Todd went back to make the MC's burger they exchanged a nod and then she scooted closer to the MC. I don't know if she's in an open relationship with Todd or what but I am suspicious of everyone not named Mora or Zenda (kinda suspicious of Zenda too).

Are all the women in this town exhibitionists? Heidi, Athena, and Zenda so far... Didn't go with the town bicycle (Val comes across that way with how quickly she propositions the MC) so I don't know if she likes being watched.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
For a second chapter, I am have already established my hopeful run of Fiery Kitten-Fun Time Gal-Sweet Red, and Thick Aofie.

Story wise, it's well done so far. Though suspicious of things certainly.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I didn't trust Val because when Todd went back to make the MC's burger they exchanged a nod and then she scooted closer to the MC. I don't know if she's in an open relationship with Todd or what but I am suspicious of everyone not named Mora or Zenda (kinda suspicious of Zenda too).

Are all the women in this town exhibitionists? Heidi, Athena, and Zenda so far... Didn't go with the town bicycle (Val comes across that way with how quickly she propositions the MC) so I don't know if she likes being watched.
You might not now since you don't like her but Val finds out about the MC's identity and says if he is in danger to come to her house because she has a panic room and guns so yeah she is super suspicious and her town bicycle personality might just be an act.

Reactions: MrFriendly

NoxLaw

Nov 11, 2020
Another game where 2 girls sleep with each other but they aren't actually lesbians because reasons I guess. I swear I'll never understand this trope in these games. And apparently I'm also gay for not wanting to see that.

Other than that it was pretty cool though and surprisingly I like all the girls except those two and Zenda (kind of).

Last edited:

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
Another game where 2 girls sleep with each other but they aren't actually lesbians because reasons I guess. I swear I'll never understand this trope in these games. And apparently I'm also gay for not wanting to see that.

Other than that it was pretty cool though and surprisingly I like all the girls except those two and Zenda (kind of).
Bisexual women exist. Just, you know, in case you weren't aware.

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
Well that's not what I got from that conversation, just so you're aware.
There's no conversation in the game that either explicitly or implicitly states that Heidi and Athena are lesbian. Being in a relationship, whether heterosexual, homosexual, or other does not immediately preclude the people in those relationships from being attracted to people of a different gender than their partner.

I realize that one of the tropes of AVNs is for "lesbians" to be inexplicably attracted to MC. That is not the case in Bare Witness. Both Heidi and Athena are bisexual, which has been made abundantly fucking clear through statements and actions from both women. If that pisses you off, fine. Go play another game. Just for the love of all that is good, stop complaining about shit that doesn't apply here.

Rory Smith

May 24, 2021
Good to see opacity slider. I think all games needs it
Canu add "text size" settings too ??

Last edited:

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
I'd say I can't believe the biggest debate here is about the realistic weight loss of one of the characters, but honestly that shit doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
I look at Sadie and I didn't even notice she was supposed to be overweight. i thought she was just wearing a baggy sweater until I took a look at how wide her hips were.

Just by looking at her face, you wouldn't know. No chubby cheeks, no double chin, slim neckline.

Also, 1st and 7th gallery entries don't unlock even though I was able to get the scene in playthrough. Are these tied to specific stats or some other flags?

NoxLaw

Nov 11, 2020
There's no conversation in the game that either explicitly or implicitly states that Heidi and Athena are lesbian. Being in a relationship, whether heterosexual, homosexual, or other does not immediately preclude the people in those relationships from being attracted to people of a different gender than their partner.

I realize that one of the tropes of AVNs is for "lesbians" to be inexplicably attracted to MC. That is not the case in Bare Witness. Both Heidi and Athena are bisexual, which has been made abundantly fucking clear through statements and actions from both women. If that pisses you off, fine. Go play another game. Just for the love of all that is good, stop complaining about shit that doesn't apply here.
I literally said I like the game other than this situation, I should go play another game just because of that? Are you really that narrow-minded? I don't know if you're having a bad day or you just like lecturing people but maybe next time you shouldn't create an argument just for the sake of creating an argument.

And I'm no gonna argue about this anymore, it leads nowhere.

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
I look at Sadie and I didn't even notice she was supposed to be overweight. i thought she was just wearing a baggy sweater until I took a look at how wide her hips were.

Just by looking at her face, you wouldn't know. No chubby cheeks, no double chin, slim neckline.

Also, 1st and 7th gallery entries don't unlock even though I was able to get the scene in playthrough. Are these tied to specific stats or some other flags?
I've passed on your comment regarding the gallery to Slockie, we'll see if something is broken there and include it in our bugfix.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
This game has to be in the top 3 of the new games of 2021. Very high quality and already a great amount of content for a 0.2.

I liked all the girls, probably for the first time ever. I'm really trying to remember another game where that happened but I'm struggling. It helps that each girl has a specific angle or a theme and they're not just eye candy.

Roomates being actually roomates instead of "roomates"? It's surprisingly a breath of fresh air.

I don't mind mutually exclusive scenes, but so early in the game it's kind of cruel. I feel like Zenda didn't get her real opportunity to shine with all her scenes being interlocked with other girls.

I really like the kissing before, during and after the sex scenes. Such a simple thing that shows the intimacy and sets the mood. It's always been a huge pet peeve of mine how few kissing goes around in most games.

That scene with Val, when she tells MC his real name, dude that was incredibly smooth. I'm kind of a fast reader (or just my brain lags behind) so I was already at the following line when I realized what happened. I literally felt a shock in my spine, that's not something that happens to me everyday, if ever. Really great writing there.

Expanding Universe Games

Super Badass
Game Developer
Feb 20, 2019

If it helps, statistically in the US the amount women that identify as bisexual is more than double those that identify as lesbian.

Also, from my personal experience, I've dated far more bisexual girls than lesbians.

4.40 star(s) 221 Votes