Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Valeria is in the same boat pretty much. She starts off as the typical cougar hunting a bit of college meat but once you get to know her she fantastic with, in my very humble opinion, the best backstory in the game. It drop kicked me right in the feels.
I think Val falling for MC is better characterized than Zenda's route does. Zenda is also difficult to get a handle on. Sometimes she's self-assured, other times she's more uncertain. She'll take charge and be a bit dominant, while being submissive in other scenes. Val is much more consistent.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Zenda. I'm just missing that extra bit of oomph in the interactions between her and the MC.

scaryterry19

Dec 28, 2020
I think Val falling for MC is better characterized than Zenda's route does. Zenda is also difficult to get a handle on. Sometimes she's self-assured, other times she's more uncertain. She'll take charge and be a bit dominant, while being submissive in other scenes. Val is much more consistent.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Zenda. I'm just missing that extra bit of oomph in the interactions between her and the MC.
That's exactly why I like Zenda to be honest. A bit of imbalance in her personality depicts her not being perfect, as most who come from money tend to think. She meets the MC, whom comes from a completely different background, and that sort of throws her off and opens her eyes to seeing not being perfect is ok (or the perception of being perfect).

Also, I think the small bits, where her father comes into play in the story lets us understand why she may be a bit submissive or "uncertain" of herself. It's almost like she is forcing herself to be someone she truly is not + her developing feelings for the MC, whom is more grounded, allows her character to develop organically.

Val is cool, too. I need to replay that route as I'm sure I missed a good bit of character development/backstory.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Y'all are crazy, Zenda is best girl. Out of all the LI I get the impression she's the one more deeply in love with MC.

So much so the she's gonna be the first route I'm gonna play when the update lands.

After much thoughts and tribulations this is my routes order:
  1. Zenda
  2. Heidi + Athena
  3. Sadie
  4. Heidi + Athena + Mora
  5. Valeria
  6. Mora
  7. Heidi + Athena + Mora + Sadie
I cucked myself in the last update playing MASH right away that included most scenes from the solo routes. I know the next update is gonna be different and every ending has exclusive scenes, but I'm still leaving it last as the last hurray.

And this way I'm keeping a healthy alternation between LIs.
How´s about a LI quoting contest like in Snowstorm https://f95zone.to/threads/snowstorm-v0-5-bb-gleenx-studio.102771/ ???

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I been thinking of trying Zenda next time I replay since I wrote her off to early without really getting to know her character to see if I dislike her. I just liked every other character alot more other than the 2 cougars on a first impression that I never bothered with her, since she can't be part of MASH.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I been thinking of trying Zenda next time I replay since I wrote her off to early without really getting to know her character to see if I dislike her. I just liked every other character alot more other than the 2 cougars on a first impression that I never bothered with her, since she can't be part of MASH.
Zenda is the rich student who's younger than you. Val is the only cougar LI (the other cougar is the shop keep/model).

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Zenda is the rich student who's younger than you. Val is the only cougar LI (the other cougar is the shop keep/model).
I know I was just saying from a first impression didn't care for her so never tried her path but she still left a better first impression than the 2 cougars in the game. Had no idea she was younger than you tho I never saw any content of hers past the bus since I always choose to spend time with either Mora,Heidi or Athena. Which is why I thinking playing her path next time I play before I check out the last chapter

Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I know I was just saying from a first impression didn't care for her so never tried her path but she still left a better first impression than the 2 cougars in the game. Had no idea she was younger than you tho I never saw any content of hers past the bus since I always choose to spend time with either Mora,Heidi or Athena. Which is why I thinking playing her path next time I play before I check out the last chapter
She's not THAT much younger, just MC is 3 years older than most of the freshmen, pretty much the same age as Mora (I think ... I know she's three years ahead of him at the school, but I may be wrong about the actual ages.) I also may be wrong about Zenda's age, but I'm pretty sure she's also a freshman, so most likely younger. I don't remember whether he's the same age or a year apart from the Bobbsey Twins ...

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
That's exactly why I like Zenda to be honest. A bit of imbalance in her personality depicts her not being perfect, as most who come from money tend to think. She meets the MC, whom comes from a completely different background, and that sort of throws her off and opens her eyes to seeing not being perfect is ok (or the perception of being perfect).
That's an interesting take that I didn't really consider. Mostly because it doesn't seem to follow the usual form of character growth. She kind of is all of these things at the same time. It pointing to inner turmoil of some kind is a good call, though. Good catch!

Also, I think the small bits, where her father comes into play in the story lets us understand why she may be a bit submissive or "uncertain" of herself. It's almost like she is forcing herself to be someone she truly is not + her developing feelings for the MC, whom is more grounded, allows her character to develop organically.
The scene on the plane when the father calls, is probably one of my favorite in the whole game... But at the same time, it felt a bit unearned to me. MC is putting a lot of trust in her, while we (the players) don't really know anything about her yet.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Swear to god, I just spent two frigging hours searching for this game.
One year is just too long between updates, how are you supposed to remember which game this is, when you have a few hundred Ren'Py VNs on your harddrive?

I mean, I'm old as fuck by now, don't have the same memory for this stuff I had 10 years ago.

Sorry, not constructive, but I don't know if I should be glad I found the game again and that the final episode seems to be at least close to release or frustrated that it took so long to find it. :)

Reactions: Kakasan

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
I mean, I'm old as fuck by now
That goes without saying.

One year is just too long between updates, how are you supposed to remember which game this is
Do those notes on the fridge with magnets, Grandma used to do that when she started having Alzheimer's, and her reactions were kinda like yours too, she used to get pissed at us when she couldn't remember something, so it looks like it could be useful in your case.

Slockie

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
One year is just too long between updates, how are you supposed to remember which game this is, when you have a few hundred Ren'Py VNs on your harddrive?

I mean, I'm old as fuck by now, don't have the same memory for this stuff I had 10 years ago.

Sorry, not constructive, but I don't know if I should be glad I found the game again and that the final episode seems to be at least close to release or frustrated that it took so long to find it. :)
Maybe if you were a patron you'd get email alerts about the game making it impossible to forget. Use some of that retirement money for good

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Read the green in the picture. If you already know this, the thread should have been easier to find. You would also know why things are taking as long as they are: they're writing and releasing all ELEVEN endings at once. That takes a minute when you do things right, and these guys do things right.
FindYourWayBack.jpg

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017

Only thing I would add have it so maybe you get emails notifications from watched games you really care about. As i've had it where I stopped getting alerts for some game threads randomly until I vist them again despite it showing it as watched. To do this hit unwatch and watch again then it ask if you want emails or not.

Reactions: botc76

Nommed Plums

May 16, 2023
Slockie Storm ⛈

Hey homies,

Big fan of your game and it hooked me into creating my own game and realizing how much I enjoy writing romance-driven stories. I have just been trying to learn the rendering part as I go but I have been thinking a lot about dev time and things like releases with my game so I wanted to hit you guys up as I respect your work so much. I know this is me getting ahead of myself but I felt this was a good time to ask you two in your dev time with the finish line in sight.

I follow a couple of games here and there and I have noticed the correlation between love interests and dev time and how when you have fans who are invested in a specific path or LI, having their LI or interest not be represented in updates can really lead to disappointed fans as it's possibly a 2 fold delay in seeing their interest as it will be another dev cycle before they possibly get to see what they want to see. I know it's going to happen regardless and it shouldn't be a reason to feel bad or anything but it's been on my mind a lot as I get closer to a first release/working towards a second. I have the writing done for the first 5 or so releases and the more I write the more complex the pathlines and splits in time are getting so I see a potential problem. If memory serves you guys did your final release based on a poll (I could be totally wrong) and decided on one big mamma jamma update to finish things off.

My question is if you could go back and do individual ending releases would you? I think you guys made the right choice, just wondering if you could share some of your insight. The way I see it If you are a Sadie fan who is waiting for her ending let's just say it releases this month. That's 11 months of being disappointed each month when the ending isn't her so I feel like the big release is the way to go. Might be a discord kind of question haha but just wanted to shoot my shot. I guess, how do you guys navigate these decisions?

Again, huge fan, thanks for what you have created!

4.50 star(s) 227 Votes