Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Awesome! Thank you so much. Sorry you had to torture yourself looking through the code. :ROFLMAO:
Oh please lol, it's not like that at all. I just threw this together in between other projects. For you as a dev story telling is much more important imho, the coding experience will come and you'll be writing arrays and complex conditionals before you know it with your eyes closed. I wouldn't have bothered making a mod for your title if I didn't enjoy it and wish others experience it as well. If my minor contributions including monetary support add to others enjoyment of the product then job done. Kindest regards.

JFume

Jun 17, 2020
Really digging this game, but the characters need to stop calling each other "lover". That stopped in the 60s ... nobody does that anymore. It's awkward. It certainly breaks immersion.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Really digging this game, but the characters need to stop calling each other "lover". That stopped in the 60s ... nobody does that anymore. It's awkward. It certainly breaks immersion.
You may want to look at the definition of "nobody", because I know lots of 20 somethings who refer to each other as "love", "lover", "my love", "love bunny" and about a dozen other variations surrounding the word love.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Just started, dont actually know how far iam in the game. I really like it, but stumbled over some issue. Iam not really into Heidi (but its obvious to me that she is the main LI of the game) So i didnt kiss her at the first chance... later i danced with her, and there was antoher option to kiss her, didnt do that either, but both are acting that something happend between them, talked something like "taking it slow"... yeah but nothing happend in my playthrough. Played the scenes again, both time i kissed her and its clear to me that its intend "canon" to kiss her... if you dont kiss her the MC and Heidi are acting like that there was a kiss... and that something is going on between them. So in fact, my choice got ignored ^^

Hopefully its not intended, at getting fixed in the future and doesnt happen a lot later on... cause giving the playerr choices and ignore them later is just not cool ^^

Besides that, the Renders are really nice, the story got a good kickstart. I have to admit, the college setting gets me a little tired (most of the games around here are set at college or highschool) but nevermind, will work cause i think the foicus will be way off from college. Animations could be better, but at least they are not annoying and spice the game up a little bit. Backgroundmusic is really good, perfect for the scenes. Dialogues are on point, i dont skip any of them...

So this game is heading to be a 5 Star game so far... will play until the end of the actual content and write review than i think (depends on how much content there is)

Reactions: Slockie

Slockie

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
Just started, dont actually know how far iam in the game. I really like it, but stumbled over some issue. Iam not really into Heidi (but its obvious to me that she is the main LI of the game) So i didnt kiss her at the first chance... later i danced with her, and there was antoher option to kiss her, didnt do that either, but both are acting that something happend between them, talked something like "taking it slow"... yeah but nothing happend in my playthrough. Played the scenes again, both time i kissed her and its clear to me that its intend "canon" to kiss her... if you dont kiss her the MC and Heidi are acting like that there was a kiss... and that something is going on between them. So in fact, my choice got ignored ^^

Hopefully its not intended, at getting fixed in the future and doesnt happen a lot later on... cause giving the playerr choices and ignore them later is just not cool ^^

Besides that, the Renders are really nice, the story got a good kickstart. I have to admit, the college setting gets me a little tired (most of the games around here are set at college or highschool) but nevermind, will work cause i think the foicus will be way off from college. Animations could be better, but at least they are not annoying and spice the game up a little bit. Backgroundmusic is really good, perfect for the scenes. Dialogues are on point, i dont skip any of them...

So this game is heading to be a 5 Star game so far... will play until the end of the actual content and write review than i think (depends on how much content there is)
thanks for checking it out. As for the “taking it slow” dialogue, I can see how you would think that. It’s more referring to Heidi saying she thinks mc is hot and mc trying to figure out what he really wants with her. It’s not referring to any kiss or anything that you may or may not have had. Choices really do matter in this game and you’ll never be forced into anything you don’t want to see. As for Heidi being the main LI, that’s not true. Their are 5 “main” LIs. Sure she’s had the most content so far, but that doesn’t make her the main girl, just makes most sense story wise. I’m sure storm can take can a look later and answer any more questions you may have.

Once again, thanks for checking it out, and really glad to hear you’re enjoying the music, we’ve spent a lot of time and money trying to make them fit :)

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
So, iam finished with the content so far... really good start, but thats just it, a start for now. But a very good one. But in my opinion not enough right now to write a proper review.

I am damn close to sub you guys at patreon, but ill wait with that til the next update i think... if its a good one i will subscribe for sure. Kinda sad to see it will be a "short" game, considered you wrote in the discription that your goal is 5-6 chapters and we are at chapter 2 now... with this build up there is much more possible i think. But better short and complete than never gets finished!

• Red Heart

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
Slockie Really enjoying the game so far, thanks.

One thing I noticed though: the MC who is known to be a bit of a gamer doesn't know what RPG means when talking to Mora? The rocket propelled grenade joke was funny as a joke, but then it turns out he's being serious it was a bit of a wtf moment.

Otherwise very good stuff. Nice to see well written characters to go with nice renders.

• Red Heart

JFume

Jun 17, 2020
You may want to look at the definition of "nobody", because I know lots of 20 somethings who refer to each other as "love", "lover", "my love", "love bunny" and about a dozen other variations surrounding the word love.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant "lover" specifically, as the others you listed are quite prevalent. And, hey, I may be off base, as I have not talked to everyone on Earth. From my interactions (and questions), people in their 20s-40s also cringe when hearing someone call another "lover" in movies, etc. Referencing someone as a lover is a bit more common, but addressing someone that way seems rare. Of course, none of this matters in a game, common or not, as games can do what they want. Just sharing that this particular overuse (to me) jolted me from the flow of the game. And I should have used softer language than "nobody' ... my bad.

Reactions: UncleFredo

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant "lover" specifically, as the others you listed are quite prevalent. And, hey, I may be off base, as I have not talked to everyone on Earth. From my interactions (and questions), people in their 20s-40s also cringe when hearing someone call another "lover" in movies, etc. Referencing someone as a lover is a bit more common, but addressing someone that way seems rare. Of course, none of this matters in a game, common or not, as games can do what they want. Just sharing that this particular overuse (to me) jolted me from the flow of the game. And I should have used softer language than "nobody' ... my bad.
Two characters have used the term: Valeria, who is in her 40s, and Zenda, who is British. I know that some writers don't take into account the backgrounds of their characters when writing their dialogue, but I try to. I'm not saying that your experience is wrong, but it's never wise to think your experience is universal.

Reactions: syh653

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
So, iam finished with the content so far... really good start, but thats just it, a start for now. But a very good one. But in my opinion not enough right now to write a proper review.

I am damn close to sub you guys at patreon, but ill wait with that til the next update i think... if its a good one i will subscribe for sure. Kinda sad to see it will be a "short" game, considered you wrote in the discription that your goal is 5-6 chapters and we are at chapter 2 now... with this build up there is much more possible i think. But better short and complete than never gets finished!
We've settled on 5 chapters for Bare Witness. The next game, Fimbulwinter, will be much longer.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Yeah and I should have been less abrupt. My apologies. All good.

Kirel

Mar 18, 2018
Nice catch. Though it only happens on choosing 'I understand' in regards to Athena which is clearly a choice put in just for shits and giggles… ;)

Slockie, just move the end_replay() to right below the menu like so:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Works like a charm!
Same thing happens if you unlock the "Heidi & Athen PeekII" scene, then during the replay you choose to "go to bed".

Reactions: Hordragg

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Great game so far, I'm looking forward to the next chapters

Btw here's a question for the Dev.. Are you working on" Three rules of life" as well or are u in cahoots with the developers? I mean that Mira Easter egg was pretty cool and unexpected .. Does this mean Three rules of life and Bare witness plays of in the same universe?

Reactions: redsling

HnGTagkosf5681

Jul 30, 2021
This game is amazing, it has a different feeling, we need more games like this one. But what's wrong with the blonde one? I think her name is Heidi, her eyes are so big they don't look like the eyes of an ordinary human being, it's scary.

Reactions: orto23

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
Great game so far, I'm looking forward to the next chapters

Btw here's a question for the Dev.. Are you working on" Three rules of life" as well or are u in cahoots with the developers? I mean that Mira Easter egg was pretty cool and unexpected .. Does this mean Three rules of life and Bare witness plays of in the same universe?
Three Rules of Life is another dev, Red Dust, that we're friendly with. That game, Bare Witness, Mythos (by Nine of Swords Studios), Between Two Worlds (by Drooskati), and Come Home (by RJ Rhodes) are all in the same universe. You'll see cameos between these games from time to time.

4.40 star(s) 222 Votes