TribalJOB

Jun 5, 2020
Hi there.
For Linux users, before launching the game, you need to resize the "game/gui/BWLogoMenuWindow2.png" image.
The image being the window logo and measuring 4168x4167, the X11 graphics server doesn't like it at all.
To fix the inevitable crash when launching the game, I resized the image to 1000x1000.
That fixed the problem.
I have attached the resized image if you don't know or don't want to do it yourself.
Sancho1969, maybe this is a fix that you can integrate into your mod?
I will report the bug on the AlterWorld discord.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi there.
For Linux users, before launching the game, you need to resize the "game/gui/BWLogoMenuWindow2.png" image.
The image being the window logo and measuring 4168x4167, the X11 graphics server doesn't like it at all.
To fix the inevitable crash when launching the game, I resized the image to 1000x1000.
That fixed the problem.
I have attached the resized image if you don't know or don't want to do it yourself.
Hmmm.... I'm not denying the issue that fixed something on your end but I had zero issue installing on my steam deck (obviously linux OS too). It is too small though when rendered on screen (the image is too high a resolution therefore scales improperly). Regardless, I highly suggest a 512x512 or smaller imo... that's the most compatible regarding final icon sizing amongst all apps.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Game crashes if I even have my xbox controller plugged in. Unfortunate since I prefer to play with controller.
OK, so it isn't just me having this problem.
See post a few pages back here... actually on second thought read that whole convo between joetherecluse and myself that starts here. Although I will admit that the 00gltest RenPy script is responsible for game controller functionality as well, forcing the resolution just might resolve the "name" error on it's own since the renderer is initialized BEFORE the controller is via RenPy.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is there Harem ?? Or just Masih?? cause i read in sacho mod there Harem Preg
As described as spoiler-free as possible from the SanchoMod thread:
To not spoil to much (since I don't think you've played the VN before) you can get a select group (predetermined) of 2, 3, or 4 specific LIs... or a solo with any of them. 2 of the LIs are exclusive only (solo), no groups. There's also a couple of side LIs just to spice things up but one of 'em can fuck up your relationship with a main LI if pushed too far.

I don't want to hint at more... it's more fun going in blind imo, so be careful regarding the posts you read bud... there's spoilers in both this and the VN's thread.

Fibbers

Jul 28, 2020
This is NOT a traditional Harem game where you can have all the girls at once. The most you can have at once is 4.
I have always wanted something like that. I remember this manga called 'Umi no Misaki' where the protag rejects some actress for his harem.

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
Just checking something out, and I was wondering about the names used. In the Sadie ending, I learnt MC's father's name, and I was sure I'd heard it before, in the flashback scenes, but didn't recognise it. So when I came upon that flashback scene while checking something now, I slowed down to take a closer look. MC's father is referred to by "Another Unknown Male" as "Beck" - the same name MC uses in his new life. It was also mentioned that his dad kept his first name, but MC had to change from Shelby as it is too unique a name.

Am I missing something, or does that mean that they put them into WitSec and didn't change their names, other than Shelby's first name? Seems like a pretty big oversight (even bigger than letting MC go to the same school as his cousin...)

TribalJOB

Jun 5, 2020
Hmmm.... I'm not denying the issue that fixed something on your end but I had zero issue installing on my steam deck (obviously linux OS too). It is too small though when rendered on screen (the image is too high a resolution therefore scales improperly). Regardless, I highly suggest a 512x512 or smaller imo... that's the most compatible regarding final icon sizing amongst all apps.
Yeah I had no issue either with steam (adding non steam game + compatibility). It work fine but just because steam "emulate" windows with proton.
The fix is for those who don't want to bother using steam.
Thanks for the suggestion, you're right 512x512 is more than enough.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Severen_AD

Jan 30, 2023
Hi there.
That fixed the problem.
I was having this issue on Steam Deck and this fixed it. Read this post and resized the image to 512x512 (because I also read the one underneath it :p) and it works fine. So thanks for posting that :)

Edit: Actually, it fixes it on the linux desktop mode, but still doesnt run through steam... Weird :\

Last edited:

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
View attachment 3679568
Any idea why do I've to choose? though I'm trying to go for the MASH path only but I always end up at this point where I've to choose.. :rolleyes::FacePalm:
To get on the MASH path, you need to have enough points with Heidi (8+), Athena (8+), and Mora (3+) by the time Mora delivers pizza to your movie night. Invite her in and get the threesome with Athena and Heidi. If you can only watch Athena and Heidi, you didn't have enough points. Later, you'll need to go with Mora to meet her ex, tell the guys you love her, and tell her she should move in with you. That gives you the HAM path. I think it's in between those two scenes that you get the Sadie massage and the coffee date where you go official with her, and when they're all combined, you end up with MASH and I don't think this choice (I think it's "do you want us to be exclusive?") will even come up.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Interesting, when Mora dumped me it didn't look anything like that image.
(She got pretty pissy though) Lol!

Cheers All

MixQQ

Sep 8, 2019
To get on the MASH path, you need to have enough points with Heidi (8+), Athena (8+), and Mora (3+) by the time Mora delivers pizza to your movie night. Invite her in and get the threesome with Athena and Heidi. If you can only watch Athena and Heidi, you didn't have enough points.
also worth to mention, if you are spying on them in that scene, you will get enough Heidi points to win dance contest in chapter 4, it's not possible doing that, if you invite Mora in that scene

Last edited:

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
also worth to mention, if you are spying on them in that scene, you will get enough Heidi points to win dance contest in chapter 4, it's not possible doing that if you invite Mora in that scene
I didn't know that, but it might explain why I've won the dance contest and come second in a different save!

Reactions: MixQQ
Sep 19, 2022
To get on the MASH path, you need to have enough points with Heidi (8+), Athena (8+), and Mora (3+) by the time Mora delivers pizza to your movie night. Invite her in and get the threesome with Athena and Heidi. If you can only watch Athena and Heidi, you didn't have enough points. Later, you'll need to go with Mora to meet her ex, tell the guys you love her, and tell her she should move in with you. That gives you the HAM path. I think it's in between those two scenes that you get the Sadie massage and the coffee date where you go official with her, and when they're all combined, you end up with MASH and I don't think this choice (I think it's "do you want us to be exclusive?") will even come up.
Thx I appreciate your explanation :D:D
Did you invite Mora when she comes with pizza? It's when you are watching a movie with Athena and Heidi. That's the trigger to add Mora if i remember correctly.
No I didn't invite her in:FacePalm:, thx I appreciate your help
also worth to mention, if you are spying on them in that scene, you will get enough Heidi points to win dance contest in chapter 4, it's not possible doing that, if you invite Mora in that scene
Now I've got the full picture thx all for your time:PogChamp:..Now it's time to get em all:devilish:, peace..:BootyTime:

ForgottenTraveler

Nov 30, 2023
Actually, you can win the dance contest even on the MASH path. The way I've found is to:
- Tell Val you like exercising
- Go to Heidi's room on spaghetti night
- Accept Zenda's first date, then ghost her on pizza / movie night
- Finish inside twice

You'll end up having just enough points to get first place.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MixQQ
4.50 star(s) 227 Votes