Montanabob75

Apr 9, 2021
You know I was considering valeria as a serious li, but after a talk with the cafe worker and her, their stories seemed a bit conflicting, (REDFLAG) she was demoted from potentially serious li, to just a hookup chick in my mind until further notice.
As she might have one of those constant random hookup type of lifestyles, I'll wait and see where the story goes for her.
Or maybe I misunderstood something.
The Restaurant/Bar owner said MC is her 4th? I think?

He also said she doesn't take her friends with benefits out like this, I am pretty sure she never has.

She said without hesitation, there have been two before the MC and they were a long time ago...

So he is #3

She also says that happened a long time ago.

The way I figured....doing some calculating, I believe she mentions she was with her husband younger than the MC - he is 21 - daughter was murdered at 7 years old. So let us say she was 27 when that happened.

So in 15 years before the MC she had been with two guys. I don't see any red flags, honestly, she is probably going to be the one to protect the MC - especially after what happened to her, she mentions something about a security system, safe room, guns, (one would think that was mentioned on purpose) she is smart and connected.

Slockie

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
Slockie , is this really supposed to be the default for the variable?

default hesa_path = True

I wasted an hour thinking my scripting was fucked-up since all your other conditional variables default to False. Just making sure since it really messes up the "Party" choice of "Both"...it needs to be False if the conditional isn't met under label heidisadieending but it doesn't work that way due to this likely error. I'm going to change it to default to False via the mod so the choices will work proper during the He/Sa Party menu choices. Regards.
Yeah, supposed to be false, always do that. But the scene should work fine, I don't see how or why it would mess up the scene tho. It's a variable that will be used in the future.

Reactions: Tinuss

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah, supposed to be false, always do that. But the scene should work fine, I don't see how or why it would mess up the scene tho. It's a variable that will be used in the future.
Understood. Just know that in it's current form it can never be False as it would need to be if ZeLove is <15 by end of Ch3. I'll make the change regardless so stats read correctly. Regards and thanks for the reply and clarification.

Slockie

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
Understood. Just know that in it's current form it can never be False as it would need to be if ZeLove is <15 by end of Ch3. I'll make the change regardless so stats read correctly. Regards and thanks for the reply and clarification.
Appreciate ya, sorry you spent so long thinking you messed up lol. I'll just need to figure out a way to make that variable work for next chapter, but I think I have an idea how. Thank ya

Ajghz

Jan 26, 2021
The Restaurant/Bar owner said MC is her 4th? I think?

He also said she doesn't take her friends with benefits out like this, I am pretty sure she never has.

She said without hesitation, there have been two before the MC and they were a long time ago...

So he is #3

She also says that happened a long time ago.

The way I figured....doing some calculating, I believe she mentions she was with her husband younger than the MC - he is 21 - daughter was murdered at 7 years old. So let us say she was 27 when that happened.

So in 15 years before the MC she had been with two guys. I don't see any red flags, honestly, she is probably going to be the one to protect the MC - especially after what happened to her, she mentions something about a security system, safe room, guns, (one would think that was mentioned on purpose) she is smart and connected.
Valid point, but as I said in my op maybe I misunderstood the 2 stories told to me but I don't recall the bar owner giving any timeline as to how often and recent she did this, now maybe I clicked pass that dialogue.
So again at that point in my mind I'm thinking if she's constantly hooking up with guys, what makes me think that would change if I commited to her one on one, hence my red flag thoughts in terms of her being my serious and only girlfriend.
But in hindsight I never did the math, and that was my thoughts on what to me appeared to be the facts at the time.
And I also was never givin a dialogue option to really question her on the subject, not that I recall.
Anyway thanks for the insight.

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
So uh, veeery weird aside about the convo MC has with Val upon first meeting, but I've NEVER heard The Art Institute referred to by its proper name... You'd never hear a Chicagoan call it that, we always just call it the Art Institute or AIC.
-A Chicago native with many friends who went to The Art Institute.
Eh, I'm not from Chicago, so I wouldn't have any way of knowing that. I did do some research on it, but that bit of info didn't happen to be on any of the sites I looked it, unfortunately.

You could justify it by saying that MC didn't use "AIC" or "the Art Institute" because he knew Val wouldn't know what he was talking about, specifically.

Reactions: The ArcKnight

Montanabob75

Apr 9, 2021
Good update

I personally like the story side of things and how they connect.

Since the developers are so active on the board I thought I would throw in my 2 cents. I give this feedback with the utmost respect, I really like/love the game, just a few things that hit me that didn't make a lot of sense.

Given the history of Val - IMO she would have never joked about shooting the MC in the back of the head if she was with the mob.

The MC testified, put someone in the mob in prison for murder, he gets out somehow at the end of esp 2 and 7 weeks later the MC is just finding out about this when his dad tells him?

Nah, there would be federal agents on the ground shadowing the MC as soon as that guy from the mob got out of prison.

The MC is in the shower and sees his dad is calling and he doesn't have time to answer it? That must be him letting me know everything went alright? I will check the VM when I get a moment? MC gets dressed and starts reading a book on his phone....but you don't check the VM? The MC is more worried about Anthena, and an hour has passed? But yet the MC woke up with nightmares the night before when the MC was with Val?

Ummmm not in a million years would that happen, the MC would jump out of the shower so fast to answer his phone.

The next day happens and the MC still has not checked his vm?

But the MC takes a call from Val?

That sequence wasn't very good.

The MC also would have an open dialogue with the federal agents about how his dad was doing etc.

The marshalls would have never waited 2 days to tell the MC in person, as I mentioned before they would have already been on the ground, but, let's say they weren't, it would have not taken them 2 days to get to the MC - local police would have been involved immediately to protect the MC also FBI.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think the better option would be to get rid of the shower scene where the MC missed his dad's call and make it where since his phone was dead he missed his dad's call the previous night, the dean, Sadie show up at the MC's house, with at least two federal agents, the safehouse was ambushed the previous night and his father is dead and go from there.

One other thing about the story;

No father would allow his son on the witness stand to face up against the Mob, (especially with the information he had) also the FBI who I am assuming this is a federal case would never go after a murder charge when they have someone that could testify and take down the entire operation and put everyone in prison for 10 to 20 years. But that is jmo

I like/love the character development, you guys provided some serious depth to Val, Mora, and Athena.

Also inner conflict with Zenda at that party, basically fulfilling her obligation to be there and be seen as a family duty. That hit me, I have a very wealthy friend and she hated that family obligation stuff, funny she is with doctors without borders now, lives in a tent, it's a nice one, but it's a tent, helping people.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
She loves her boy toys .. we are safe as her teddy bear, her most inticing love wand,
her fave lip gloss, her caressing coam ... we are safe and sound.
Did anyone think a wonderful babe living it up would put just anything inside of her?
Anyone?

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
I think the better option would be to get rid of the shower scene where the MC missed his dad's call and make it where since his phone was dead he missed his dad's call the previous night
...and where the hell were you with that idea when I was writing this shit weeks ago? Damn it. That's really good. I wish I'd thought of it. Granted, it doesn't work as well if you don't go to the Halloween party, but I could've figure something out. Bleh.

Seriously, though, that's an excellent suggestion. I just wish it wasn't too late to use it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod presents
Bare Witness 3.0 - Multi-Mod Edition

1638517570199.png

You asked for it, you got it.
More bells, more whistles, all 100% customizable.
Updated to the latest Sancho Python Core mod.
Now go get you some, link is in the OP.
Please consider supporting the Developer if inclined.
Kindest regards and enjoy.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC is in the wonderful graces of a fantastic woman and she likes her toys.
She ahs no reason to give MC up, not like what is going on at the A.O.A. Academy - those folks are mental .. better stick to this pehnomenal babe and be there for her cravings.
this life, as it turns out, is actually worth living.

alpharenji2

Jul 29, 2021
Appreciate ya, sorry you spent so long thinking you messed up lol. I'll just need to figure out a way to make that variable work for next chapter, but I think I have an idea how. Thank ya
Can't get this to work on joiplay it crashes immediately

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So I'm legitimately wondering, Storm / Slockie, and not really complaining: Is there a specific reason you allow only a limited number of non-alphanumeric characters being used in custom names for game saves? I get that certain characters might present challenges (like maybe needing to be escaped), but I wouldn't think there are very many of those. However, I've never tried to make custom game save names in Ren'Py, so I don't know what limitations the language has for this type of thing. I find it curious, since I know certain other games allowing custom names are more restrictive still while others are less restrictive.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
So I'm legitimately wondering, Storm, and not really complaining: Is there a specific reason you allow only a limited number of non-alphanumeric characters being used in custom names for game saves? I get that certain characters might present challenges (like maybe needing to be escaped), but I wouldn't think there are very many of those. However, I've never tried to make custom game save names in Ren'Py, so I don't know what limitations the language has for this type of thing. I find it curious, since I know certain other games allowing custom names are more restrictive still while others are less restrictive.
Anything on the coding side of things is Slockie. And I don't think he made any changes there, just went with the default rules. There's no reason I can think of that we'd deliberately impose that particular restriction.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Anything on the coding side of things is Slockie. And I don't think he made any changes there, just went with the default rules. There's no reason I can think of that we'd deliberately impose that particular restriction.
OK, thanks. I added him to my earlier post. I don't need to know, of course, but I am wondering.

Jan 8, 2021
Hii this Game looks good and it’s a incest game I love incest games I think this game will be a masterpiece like game dik in future please make this game with choices and dialogue <3

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Adding the choice not to have sex with them after that point just creates too many headaches in terms of storytelling and branching. Maybe in the future I'll know a better way to handle it, but for now... I've got nothing.
In all honesty, it's enough for me.
It's still a game and shouldn't be a riddle in which you have 753 opportunities to screw up an entire path with one wrong selection.

For example, I love the renderings and I liked the story of B.A.D. but i hate the gameplay, so i have given up playing it now and i just watch the scenes via mod or use unren for it.
Without following a walkthough exactly, you're simply lost on some paths and for me it's no game if, figuratively speaking, I have to have an instruction manual next to the computer in order to be able to see the content.

Too many, too branched out, too hidden and simply too complicated point systems can ruin an otherwise wonderful game.

So thank you for making this the way it is, and I hope it won't change either.

4.40 star(s) 221 Votes