scaryterry19

Dec 28, 2020
So, I like this game. It's got a solid story, good renders, dialogue is sufficient. But the problem with games like this one is the Spiderman 3 effect. Too many LIs. And I don't mean that in a negative sense. More girls, the better. I mean it from a story arc perspective.

Perfect example. The current chapter (3). You get invited to a game session with Athena & her cousin. I like Athena, so I accept. At this point, you're not with her. Then you get a call from Val asking you to "hang out", to which I decline because I'm a man of my word. Then I went back and replayed that scenario declining Athena's invite and accepting Val's, only to find out she drops a HUGE bombshell of character development on you that's really fucking important to her story arc. This is exactly the issue with having too many LIs. It's fun on the surface, but for story development it doesn't do much.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, then there's likely a bug with it as there's more than one trigger and whether you go stag or with heidi as roomates (not lovers/not romatically involved) really shouldn't stop it from being unlocked if the scene still triggers.
There's no bug. It unlocks once the player progresses to Label sadieblow. The ONLY way to get to that label is to be on SadiePath and go stag to the party. Forget Heidi, she's not criteria. Remember as I already explained, there's 3 scenes with SadieBJ, but ONLY ONE which unlocks the gallery and that's through the formerly mentioned label.

Stonerbank

Aug 25, 2017
Man, I got some MMO flashbacks when I saw the Everquest character screen show up, blast from the past. Killing Gnolls in Blackburrow and Mammoths in the Everfrost Peaks.
Thank God at least someone else knew that was Everquest, I was going to be annoyed if no-one on here knew =P. I still play Everquest basically every day lol. Takp ftw! (private Everquest server)

ezvr96

Aug 27, 2018
I just played through chapter 3 I love it my main playthrough is with mora Heidi and Athena I hope maybe we can add Sadie to that bc I know we have the Heidi Sadie option i would love to add here to the other 3 girls option if not that fine but that would be awesome for my playthrough
I can't say what happens later, but so far Sadie doesn't seem to block HAM (though you don't see Sadie at the party in that path).

Edited to add the missing "don't"

Last edited:

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Eh, I'm not from Chicago, so I wouldn't have any way of knowing that. I did do some research on it, but that bit of info didn't happen to be on any of the sites I looked it, unfortunately.

You could justify it by saying that MC didn't use "AIC" or "the Art Institute" because he knew Val wouldn't know what he was talking about, specifically.
No worries. It's an *extremely* minor gripe. I am thoroughly enjoying the writing so far!

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Hrm, is it just me or does a game like this just beg for a cheat mod?
I would love to just have all the points I want / need to be able to pursue who I want.
Because having to manage multiple save paths per update on renpy is rough when I like each of these girls.

Reactions: Boneyard

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
There's no bug. It unlocks once the player progresses to Label sadieblow. The ONLY way to get to that label is to be on SadiePath and go stag to the party. Forget Heidi, she's not criteria. Remember as I already explained, there's 3 scenes with SadieBJ, but ONLY ONE which unlocks the gallery and that's through the formerly mentioned label.
You're missing the point that scene is the same no matter who shows up, just like how in the gallery movie night is the same despite it have 2 unlock conditions as well with either of them unlocking the scene. The problem here is that the alternate scene for this is not unlocking the scene in the gallery.

I'm looking at the variables right now for the scene. Save will be below.

From what i can see this scene gallery is entirely dependant on the Sadie Solo being true and nothing else despite the exact same scene being accessed another way. The save file is started right before the party and you can advance it and get Sadie Blow but no unlock. Hence the Gallery unlock is bugged.

Additionally, putting that aside. This presents a continuity error.
Saddie walks home with the MC and is in his bed but there's no mention of her leaving, or going home before the end of act3 yet she mysteriously re-appears with the Dean to deliever the bad news that she wouldn't have been privy too.

Last edited:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
It's a Ren'Py version issue. Copy the Ren'Py folder from any other game that you know already works, and replace the one in the Bare Witness files with it. Your game should work fine from that point.
Ah ok thanks, the 32 bit version works fine too.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
OK, I've now finished my playthroughs for Chapter 3 across all paths, including the mini-harem (added as of this latest release as a new path).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And I have a HAM Sandwich playthrough as well, of course. The above for the separated paths applies, with the exception (of course) that Mora is a new roommate. And obviously, everyone lying in bed together is just adorable. I actually hadn't realized that there was the possibility of being with Heidi and Sadie. Does this mean that a HAS or even a HAMS path is possible?

Slockie

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
OK, I've now finished my playthroughs for Chapter 3 across all paths, including the mini-harem (added as of this latest release as a new path).
And I have a HAM Sandwich playthrough as well, of course. The above for the separated paths applies, with the exception (of course) that Mora is a new roommate. And obviously, everyone lying in bed together is just adorable. I actually hadn't realized that there was the possibility of being with Heidi and Sadie. Does this mean that a HAS or even a HAMS path is possible?
This was awesome to read. Thank you for sharing this <3

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
I have been getting "NameError: name 'hamsandwich' is not defined" multiple times this update.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Enjoyed playing that. Athena is definitely the woman who's caught my eye the most. Headed down the solo route as the whole peeking on or sitting by and watching two women have sex has zero appeal to me. So unless there's non voyeur way to establish an equal poly relationship heidi is going to be a no for me.
Zenda probably scores second for me.

4.50 star(s) 227 Votes