Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You're missing the point that scene is the same no matter who shows up, just like how in the gallery movie night is the same despite it have 2 unlock conditions as well with either of them unlocking the scene. The problem here is that the alternate scene for this is not unlocking the scene in the gallery.
Good morning. Honestly I'm not missing any point. I've told you that Sadie's BJ is not the "same scene" per se. It's physically written 3 different locations within the script but as I said ONLY ONE of the three, which is under label sadieblow unlocks the gallery scene. And again, the only way to get to that label, to see that particular scene, to unlock that gallery scene is to be on Sadie's Path and to go to the party stag. Period, end of topic. It's doable, I've done it multiple times while writing the mod. The trigger for the unlock is not any other variable, the gallery simply checks RenPy to see if the player has seen that label in the script in any playthrough.

I truly don't know how else to explain it to you. I can unlock that scene in the Gallery with a clean game install (no mods) on a virgin machine (PC) that has never had the game previously installed (no trace of any RenPy persistent files at all). Therefore it's not bugged, but you must get to that scene as I described or it will NOT unlock the gallery. There's only one way out of three, only one.

ShadedSoul

Nov 20, 2019
I've had a somewhat bad time this past week, and logging in this morning before work, I find the most amazing surprise of Bare Witness Chapter 3. It was exactly what I needed. The entire update was just great sex and wholesome feelings. The ending kind of kicked me in the stomach, even if I saw it coming. And I'm sad about the cliffhanger. But Slockie, Storm. You have an amazing story, with wonderful characters and beautiful art. I love this game so much, even if it is just your test project before something bigger. Keep on learning and doing good things you two. I absolutely love this

Alteni

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I didn't play this game since ch.1.. time to try it again btw looks promising .

judgenot93

Feb 9, 2019
again, fantastic game, all the characters are lovely and i'm totally gonna do all the different playthroughs.

but (very subjective rant following, you may stop reading here)

i picked the cute chubby girl wearing dorky sweaters and struggling with her acne, and what did i get? another fucking supermodel. i mean, i get it. i just wish one of these days a game will actually let me get a chubby nerd girl without changing her by 180 degrees.

rant done. still a 5/5 game, just had to get that out. if anyone has a game recommendation for me lmk

ShadedSoul

Nov 20, 2019
again, fantastic game, all the characters are lovely and i'm totally gonna do all the different playthroughs.

but (very subjective rant following, you may stop reading here)

i picked the cute chubby girl wearing dorky sweaters and struggling with her acne, and what did i get? another fucking supermodel. i mean, i get it. i just wish one of these days a game will actually let me get a chubby nerd girl without changing her by 180 degrees.

rant done. still a 5/5 game, just had to get that out. if anyone has a game recommendation for me lmk
Keep an eye on WVM. I can't remember the girl's name, but she appears on an interview and then in a cafe in the most recent update. And I'm fairly certain that she'll be getting more content.

Reactions: judgenot93

katarne04

Jun 9, 2017
nice game! i luv how each character has a neat backstory so far. why you make the love interests so good!! lol
Valeria :cry:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I have been getting "NameError: name 'hamsandwich' is not defined" multiple times this update.
OK, I looked at the code for you. The hamsandwich variable is defined at the beginning of the game. If you did not restart with Chapter 3's release (as the OP suggests), you might not have gotten the variable created. If you know how to use the developer console, you can set hamsandwich = False (just type that in the console) so it exists and then proceed from there.

Since it's always false unless you've met the proper conditions, getting a "not defined" error tells me you've not met those conditions. In other words, if your game missed the defining of the variable at the beginning because you've not restarted, it's only defined later as True, and only if you have made specific choices. If your later choices avoid the specific statement that it's true, it will not have been defined, so you get the error you're seeing. So, defining it as False (the default value) should give you exactly what your playthrough has had up to this point. (Alternately, of course, you can restart your game and you'll get the variable set for the new game.)

Last edited:

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
OK, I looked at the code for you. The hamsandwich variable is defined at the beginning of the game. If you did not restart with Chapter 3's release (as the OP suggests), you might not have gotten the variable created. If you know how to use the developer console, you can set hamsandwich = False (just type that in the console) so it exists and then proceed from there.

Since it's always false unless you've met the proper conditions, getting a "not defined" error tells me you've not met those conditions. In other words, if your game missed the defining of the variable at the beginning because you've not restarted, it's only defined later as True, and only if you have made specific choices. If your later choices avoid the specific statement that it's true, it will not have been defined, so you get the error you're seeing. So, defining it as False (the default value) should give you exactly what your playthrough has had up to this point. (Alternately, of course, you can restart your game and you'll get the variable set for the new game.)
Thanks for the info. I assumed I need to start over. This update seems to have plenty of code changes. There were a couple of other variables that also threw undefined errors.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
I hate this effing game!!!!

I want all my girls! How the hell am I supposed to choose???

Loved the update, gotta say Athena is nothing like I first thought in the beginning, love her sweet shy side :love:

Probably missed it but why the change in Zadie's model? Towards the end there she looked completely different.
Tell me about it, managed to trim it to 5 LIs but now i'm just waiting for shit to hit the fan. Heidi/Athena Throuple looks very much possible but i don't see how to get Mora and Sadie on board without breaking some hearts and some bodily harm to mc. Heidi/Athena may be open to sharing but Mora and Sadie wont be given their personalities

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Tell me about it, managed to trim it to 5 LIs but now i'm just waiting for shit to hit the fan. Heidi/Athena Throuple looks very much possible but i don't see how to get Mora and Sadie on board without breaking some hearts and some bodily harm to mc. Heidi/Athena may be open to sharing but Mora and Sadie wont be given their personalities
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
Same character name (adrian) & model present in another game too. I wonder she or he has the same type of "tool" too ???

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
really don't know why but somehow i like adrian in this said game.
I liked seeing them again very much with or without an ominous tool.(y)

• Haha
Reactions: Allan Trumbull
4.50 star(s) 227 Votes