iC4v3M4n

Jul 19, 2020
So first impressions...

Well let's just kick it off by saying that i really liked it, get that outta the way first (y)

All the usual stuff is well above average, to start with the renders are top notch, it's well written (i appriciate the opacity slider btw) and the dialogue feels natural too with only an occasional typo that i noticed. Some nice background music is there as well, and at least not the same tracks that are used over and over again. Oh and there's already a decent chunk of content for a first release, think i finished it in an hour and a half or so. But the highlight for me personally is definitly the excellent selection of girls to romance, it's like the devs crawled in my head to find out what types im into. In most games i usually only have one or two i like and eventually have to decide between but i can already tell i'm gonna be playing through this multiple times to see the outcomes for all the girls i like. Tho like i said that comes down to personal taste and tastes vary so that might not be the same for everyone but i still think it's a great selection with something to like for everybody.

The one thing i haven't mentioned is the story, well there isn't much so far honestly, it's pretty much just a young guy settling in a new town and getting ready to start his new life at college. There are however hints sprinkled through out the dialogue that the MC has a past he does not want to talk about or wants other ppl to know about. There's a little bit more that get's revealed at the very end but not much. My guess is that that is what the main story arc is going to revolve around but we'll have to wait for future updates to learn more about that and how interesting the story will be so it's hard to judge it right now.

All in all i think it's a very promising start, you said you worked your asses off making this game and it shows. I will definitly be following this to see where it goes in future updates, great job AlterWorlds and best of luck with the project!

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Promising start. One question though:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
All part of the story my friend. You'll find out next update :)
depending where you're from it can be unisex. even Linzie can be unisex apparently
As Look-see said, Shelby is gender-neutral. Her calling the MC that name implies he had a different former identity, which fact has now been revealed. It's possible he (at least, originally) wasn't called whatever you chose for him in the beginning. That, or she knows him by that name, which isn't his real name. Possibly neither name is his real one. Hard to say for sure at this point, ofc.

• Angry
Reactions: 7!0L4+02 and ontach

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
depending where you're from it can be unisex. even Linzie can be unisex apparently
As Look-see said, Shelby is gender-neutral. Her calling the MC that name implies he had a different former identity, which fact has now been revealed. It's possible he (at least, originally) wasn't called whatever you chose for him in the beginning. That, or she knows him by that name, which isn't his real name. Possibly neither name is his real one. Hard to say for sure at this point, ofc.
Ok I didn't know that was a gender neutral name, thx.

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018
Here is the Italian translation
of Bare Witness [Ch. 1]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Bare Witness [Ch. 1]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Do Americans actually lie about being Indian? I am Canadian and the last thing you wanna be is Indian, the cops will leave you to die in a snowbank in a field somewhere in the boonies with no shoes or coat @ -40... Still I am Chippewa Cree & I'm proud!!!
what?¿
care to explain?¿

zoislk

Dec 9, 2019
Do Americans actually lie about being Indian? I am Canadian and the last thing you wanna be is Indian, the cops will leave you to die in a snowbank in a field somewhere in the boonies with no shoes or coat @ -40... Still I am Chippewa Cree & I'm proud!!!
Short answer: No, not really. There are some select situations where it might VERY rarely happen (e.g. politicians trying to take advantage of identity politics, or students trying to get an edge in college admissions or scholarships due to additional support for minorities) but those situations are, again, VERY rare.

Reactions: PapaSnabes1

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Compressor
May 1, 2020
Android port of
Bare Witness [Ch. 3]
Download:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Second save location added in my ports now that means that your saves will remain intact even after uninstalling the game.
All my ports now have textbox opacity slider and text size slider which can be found in preferences.You can also change your name anytime mid-game using Change MC Name button found in menu.
Consider supporting me on my or you can also join my for more android ports and mods.

Last edited:

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
Renders look great and the writing is well done. Though, gotta be honest, the girls are just not clicking for me. I think the only girl I am really interested in so far is Nicole. Despite her interaction being very brief. She at least seems...uhm, normal? I think that's a good word to use. Or perhaps I'm wrong and she's a 10-time divorcee. I mean, I am easily into big titty, black-haired, goth girls, but the thing between Athena and Heidi is just a no-go for me. And knowing the two are in an FWB relationship made me blurt out the most depressed FUUUUUUUUUCK that I have ever done.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
And we also get a hint that the title might be cleverer than first supposed - being a play on "witness" as in witness protection.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
Reading through the feedback this is looking like on of those rare V1's I'm gonna try.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
There was some text in there when the MC is getting to know Heidi that talks about that.
i know this
the point is those snowflake wanted to take his personell anger in this topic ;)
a game is a work of fiction - not for discuss sjw things ;)
but thats enough of this - or we get deleted posts very fast

• Angry
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin
4.40 star(s) 221 Votes