PapaSnabes1

Feb 15, 2020
Also... not listening to the voicemail from his father literally ASAP once he was out of the shower? Completely out of character for the MC from everything we've seen up to that point...

"Forced Drama" situation, I get it... but seriously, there are better ways to do it than just make a character no longer act "in character".

Again, nitpicky, I know... but the overall story and characters are SO good in this, I feel things like this should be pointed out because it stands out in an otherwise amazing story. :)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Insecure brave girl with the insecure brave MC ... what a match!
Loving the game so far. Sadie' personality is absolutely the best beyond measure. I do have to ask though... what's up with her skin??? It's like she has dirt rubbed on her all the time. Is it supposed to just be mottled skin tone?? If so, I would recommend a bit less heavy on the dosing for the brown tint being used... because it just really looks like she has a thin layer of dirt smeared on her, like she's just coming inside from working out in the garden for too long.

Other than that (which I admit is a bit nit-picky maybe), great game, and I find myself quite invested in the characters and story!

View attachment 1629213
Also... not listening to the voicemail from his father literally ASAP once he was out of the shower? Completely out of character for the MC from everything we've seen up to that point...

"Forced Drama" situation, I get it... but seriously, there are better ways to do it than just make a character no longer act "in character".

Again, nitpicky, I know... but the overall story and characters are SO good in this, I feel things like this should be pointed out because it stands out in an otherwise amazing story. :)
Nightmeares about him and his death will do that to anyone ... peace is what MC needs, not escalation.

PapaSnabes1

Feb 15, 2020
Nightmeares about him and his death will do that to anyone ... peace is what MC needs, not escalation.
True, but he still would have listened to that voicemail basically immediately... regardless to whether or not he needs peace or escalation in his life, it's what he would have done, based on the characterization we've seen built up to that point.

Like I said though, just a nitpicky thing on my end. It's a great story so far, which is why these small things stand out so heavily to me... it feels like seeing a splatter of mud or something on an otherwise immaculately clean marble building. Because of how nigh-perfect the building and how white and shiny it is, it makes the one spot that is there show all the more. Just my opinion, of course.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC is lookin 4 a secure spot .. the game pretty much paints that spot in the many hearts
of the babes in the immediate vicinity of our interests and their warm welcome for MC.
Remembering all those mob movies with the snitches in the middle of the action,
including smoking aces, should their being in the mince of things be that casual at times,
just immagine how cuddly it would be for a noggin next of kin of the noggin of interest.
True that recent mob movies are a lil more vicious and show the farce of prottection
the agents use to hide their assets, eraser being the exception of course.
Still, the most enjoyable series/motion pictures tend to show the people of interest
actually living their lives rather than letting all those horror - could a should a would a
dictate their every move.

gibbonraver

May 8, 2020
how has he NEVER noticed the obvious mafioso brute?? dude sticks out like a sore thumb.

great renders and character writing. relatively original story. the dad's nicknames crack me up.

animations could be a bit better, but overall a really good game!

troman

Jan 29, 2022
It definitely is tagged right, unfortunately some people think the harem tag means every girl at once and then complain to us about it. I’ve got some hateful discord dms about it :ROFLMAO:
Harem should be put only if there is a harem end.
Truthfully i like your game, i already played to where the branching begins, but i had to stop i dislike doing multiple walkthrough and i also dislike fake harems, i don't dislike monogamous i actually play many games without harem,
besides the game at the start gives harem signs, so maybe you can contact moderators to remove the tag.
good luck with your game.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Harem should be put only if there is a harem end.
Truthfully i like your game, i already played to where the branching begins, but i had to stop i dislike doing multiple walkthrough and i also dislike fake harems, i don't dislike monogamous i actually play many games without harem,
besides the game at the start gives harem signs, so maybe you can contact moderators to remove the tag.
good luck with your game.
I beg to differ, good madam/sir, the tag should be used per the rules as written. Thusly:
Harem [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.]
I rest my case. And my bow. And my axe.

As for needing multiple playthroughs: say, how do you handle this on the 'many' non-harem titles you allegedly play? And why not simply pick Athena the one you like the most?

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
As for needing multiple playthroughs: say, how do you handle this on the 'many' non-harem titles you allegedly play? And why not simply pick Athena the one you like the most?
I know that the question wasn't meant for me, but here is my answer: If I'm only interested in one LI (or several that share an ending), I will proceed to ignore the rest and have the ending with her (or them). If I'm interested in several LIs that don't share an ending, I will proceed to ignore the game find another one.

Reactions: Cernunnos.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I know that the question wasn't meant for me, but here is my answer: If I'm only interested in one LI (or several that share an ending), I will proceed to ignore the rest and have the ending with her (or them). If I'm interested in several LIs that don't share an ending, I will proceed to ignore the game find another one.
So, you basically want a traditional harem where you come across all the women and either choose to engage them or not. Those that you choose to engage become apart of the harem and you all live happily ever after. Am I correct?

I don't think this will ever be that for you.

Reactions: sava75

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
So, you basically want a traditional harem where you come across all the women and either choose to engage them or not. Those that you choose to engage become apart of the harem and you all live happily ever after. Am I correct?

I don't think this will ever be that for you.
In fact, the 3 LIs that share an ending interest me and all the others... well, not too much.

On the other hand, you are right and I tend to prefer harem-type games where I can choose which LIs interest me and which LIs don't. But I also play some where the MC can only end up with one LI... As long as I can avoid establishing a romantic relationship and all the sex scenes with the other LIs.

The conditions for me to be interested in a game are clear: to be able to have an ending with the LI (or LIs) that I like and to be able to avoid all the sex scenes and the romantic relationship with all the other LIs.

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
I started this game today and I havent gone far into it yet, but reading a few comments in here, apparently this isn't a harem and it hurts my soul to know that lol. I really like a few of the characters so far, so I'll be seeing what the different routes have to offer. So far though it feels like going Heidi is the whoring route while all the others are individual routes.

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
Regarding the harem tag:

We, the developers of Bare Witness, have no control over the tag. We did not define the tag, and we did not add the tag to the game. Even if we remove the tag, F95 mods can add it again and likely will, because the game meets the site's definition for the tag.

If you have a problem with the tag, you should consider taking it up with the site's admins and trying to get it redefined to whatever you think it should mean. We aren't them, and we can't help you.

Oct 25, 2020
Love this one. Its in top 10 of most anticipated updated games. The Li's are so attractive and well done. But upon looking at the second pic in previews, how do you get that? I now must play again to get that scenario.

Reactions: Slockie and VOYEUR

Deadmanvs1

Apr 5, 2019
I started this game today and I havent gone far into it yet, but reading a few comments in here, apparently this isn't a harem and it hurts my soul to know that lol. I really like a few of the characters so far, so I'll be seeing what the different routes have to offer. So far though it feels like going Heidi is the whoring route while all the others are individual routes.
What's not a harem about this game. You are having sex with multiple women and they all know about each other. Well most do and they are fine with sharing for now. They say 3 or more, well with the two housemates, Mara and Sadie that's four. Then you have Val and Zenda. Even if you don't count three of them, you still have Heidi, Mara and Athena who all know of each other and Mara is welcome to join the other two. Sounds like a harem to me.

• Angry
Reactions: Cernunnos.

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
I just started playing this VN and my question may, later on, be answered, but my curiosity got the better of me. Why does the MC keep correcting himself when talking about California? He was talking to the woman on the train and said "Ch--" before correcting himself. What did he want to say?

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I just started playing this VN and my question may, later on, be answered, but my curiosity got the better of me. Why does the MC keep correcting himself when talking about California? He was talking to the woman on the train and said "Ch--" before correcting himself. What did he want to say?
It's a pretty huge plot point. Not sure if you made it to the revelation in the story or not, so read the spoiler at your own risk. MC is in witness protection and has a new identity and backstory because of that. He's not supposed to tell people his true past or real name.

4.50 star(s) 227 Votes