Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
We're at 2100 renders and 120 animations. If we were to release an update every month since our last update, we'd have 300+ renders and 17+ animations per update. That's bigger than a lot of games updates that release monthly. I'm not sure what you have against us and why you feel the need to always trash us, but it's kinda weird man.
He's not going to engage you on anything as substantial as a fact. He's only here to talk shit. He's made it clear he doesn't like the game. No one could possibly be confused about his opinion on the matter, yet he remains active on the thread, throwing little barbs, applauding even the mildest criticisms, and generally being an unrelenting prick.

At this point, it's just masturbatory bullshit from someone who values their own opinion far more than anyone else does. He hates that the game is doing well, because how dare anything he doesn't personally approve of find success?

Last edited:

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I think it was a fair comment that was not rude - I had a similar question about the status of the game which is why I visited this thread and I would have been quite disappointed to see this as a response to a question/comment made in good faith. Half a year is a long time.

If you have shit to deal with pause your patreon, deal with your shit and then restart it when you can start working again. If you were able to get work done (which based on your comments above you were) then keep your patreon running and just point people to your latest status update. And some people will understandably doubt you simply because they cannot see the output of your work right now - only you can. It is understandable because if you look at several games that have been abandoned a vast majority of them have a bunch excuses and false promises by the dev - not saying you are like that but it is a fact that this has happened several times in the past. Just filter games by abandoned tag and look at the latest patreon updates you will see for yourself that this happens - I have supported many projects like this myself. I dont mind games I have supported getting abandoned or updates taking long as long as I am not being liked to but unfortunately many people straight up tell lies it is one of the reasons I personally am a bit more reluctant to support new creators these days. Given the behavior of some devs in the past and given that patreons and other players are unaware of the dev efforts there might be a bit of skepticism when updates take long. If you were transparent in your posts then I think it is best to just ignore negativity, respond only to genuine questions/concerns and let your work speak for itself whenever it is released.

I can understand being frustrated when people say shit like you milk patreons and question your integrity especially when you have been genuinely working hard on the game but I dont think this was one of those posts. Sorry about the text wall but I wanted to give a different perspective.
You are way of base here though. That was an obvious attempt to call the devs milkers because some people think they are entitled to their free stuff on their timetable, besides that particular poster is a known complainer when he doesn't get his way.

What other devs have done in the past is 100% irrelevant, only what these devs have done matters and they have shown absolutely no indication of leading people on. You say 6 months is a long time, I say it's not since this is a project they do on their free time besides regular work and family. It's very simple, if you think they take to long with updates simply don't subscribe to their Patreon, simple as that.

Sep 3, 2020
He's not going to engage you on anything as substantial as a fact. He's only here to talk shit. He's made it clear he doesn't like the game. No one could possibly be confused about his opinion on the matter, yet he remains active on the thread, throwing little barbs, applauding even the mildest criticisms, and generally being an unrelenting prick.

At this point, it's just masturbatory bullshit from someone who values their own opinion far more than anyone else does. He hates that the game is doing well, because how dare anything he doesn't personally approve of find success?
Amen brother amen

Reactions: HornyyPussy
Sep 3, 2020
We're at 2100 renders and 120 animations. If we were to release an update every month since our last update, we'd have 300+ renders and 17+ animations per update. That's bigger than a lot of games updates that release monthly. I'm not sure what you have against us and why you feel the need to always trash us, but it's kinda weird man.

I'm working 50-60 hours a week right now, so it's hard to find time to work on the game, but every moment I'm not working my real job, I'm spending with my family or making this.
please brothers pay no attention to him

we all love you and the game and we're here for you

• Red Heart
Reactions: HornyyPussy

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019

TLDR?

Sep 3, 2020
1. Money comes in.
2. Milking begins.
3.?????
4. Profit.
you know I have always said I don't care how long a developer takes on a game as long as they keep us regularly updated

and does not go radio silent on us

take all the time you need

but at least tell us if the game has been delayed

however and listen to my words very carefully

the developers came back and explain to us why they were radio silent for so long

the developers were going through a very hard time and I think they could use a little compassion and understanding

love and empathy for the developers is that so much to ask for

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I disagree. That milking comment was from a different user and I agree that was out of line. As for the post that was quoted, I interpreted it as "it's been 6 months is there a status update?"

> You say 6 months is a long time, I say it's not since this is a project they do on their free time besides regular work and family

Does not stop 6 months from being a long time - the work you put in during that time is completely independent of the fact that 6 months is a long time. Genuinely asking for a status update is not rude in my opinion. An answer as simple as 'we are busy due to real life commitments; we have been able to do XYZ so far however there is no ECD yet' is perfectly acceptable. Once you have that information it is on you to decide what to do with it.

> What other devs have done in the past is 100% irrelevant

I dont think I agree with this. After being led on by different people in the past you just tend to trust other people less unless of course you talk to the dev and have a reason to trust them (which I admittedly do not do) - at least thats the case with me. Is this fair to this particular developer or other new developers? The answer is no. But it is what it is.
That's still YOUR opinion, just as it's mine that I don't think 6 months is a long time for theses things and what other Dev's have done IS irrelevant in this case, you're free to think otherwise but it's very unfair to these devs to think that way.

I know that the milking comment was from another which I made clear in my post......

Reactions: Puma1978
4.50 star(s) 227 Votes