Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
Storm here! Just giving you all an update from my end. Slockie will have details with an update later about renders and animations and such.

The script has hit 64,000 words. Which, obviously, is more than the 62,000 I expected it to hit with the final draft before beta. This is because I'm an idiot and let Slockie make more work for me. That's fine, we'll get there.

My new estimate is going to be 67,000 words, so we're close.

Just a heads up: as soon as the script is 100% complete, I'll be turning on our billing again. This is because we'll be going to beta not long after, and then releasing to our top-tier patrons shortly after.

I know we've been saying "we're close!" for what feels like six months now, but we really are very close. Thank you all for sticking around and supporting us, despite the amount of time this has taken. I genuinely hope you'll think it worth the wait.

I do want to make a promise: If you're a current Bronze+ supporter and have been for 5 or more months, even if you end your support now you'll get to see both chapters 4 and 5 when each chapter releases to our Bronze patrons. This is how we want to thank you for that long-term support.

Chapters 4 and 5 will not have a public release. This is in preparation for our eventual Steam release, because Steam rules don't allow the game to be provided at a pricepoint lower than what the game sells for on their platform.

If you've purchased chapter 3 on (at $3 or more) you'll also get the final two chapters free, even if you're only a $1 supporter here. That's to thank you for being one of the very, very few to pay for the game on Itch. (No joke, out of 13,000 downloads, only 65 people have paid.)

We want to do right by those of us who've been long-term supporters and who've stuck it through even when Slockie and I were struggling to create due to one life event or another. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it, and all the kind words over the past 15 months since our initial release. It means a lot to me. It means a lot to both of us.
So thanks again. Next update from me should be with a completed script. I wanted that to be this update, but like I said, Slockie likes making more work for me.

See you all around.

Storm

Edit: I hit the zone tonight with my writing, something that doesn't happen frequently, but I felt the need to take advantage even after posting this update.

So, I sat down and spent the last few hours just hammering out the last couple of things the game needed to be finished. Chapter 4's script is complete now, with the semi-final draft hitting 67,200 words. We'll have to add a small bridging scene somewhere in the script for the sake of game flow, but that'll happen later.

As it stands, the script is pretty much done. Scooter will be looking it over shortly, we'll make the edits, and Slockie will continue rendering and animating the final couple of scenes.

With this in mind, I'll be unpausing subscriptions here shortly. I just wanted to make sure everyone got the heads-up on that before it happened!

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
It's a game definitely worth waiting for, even for a year or more.

I would totally pay for it if I had some spare buck.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Slockie

Slockie

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
Hey guys, game keep crashing when i try to use my controller, is there any way to fix it ?
View attachment 1992512
I've no idea. I'm dumb as shit. My only guess it's caused because of the Ren'py version I'm using. It's currently 7.4.3, but I'm probably going to update to Ren'py 8 this chapter, so hopefully it'll fix itself :D

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I've no idea. I'm dumb as shit. My only guess it's caused because of the Ren'py version I'm using. It's currently 7.4.3, but I'm probably going to update to Ren'py 8 this chapter, so hopefully it'll fix itself :D
I hope it doesn't work like the GCC new versions do, where the latest version somehow decides it's just going to break on your old code for no good reason.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
What?!!! Don't you make me have to crack into R8 for you too bud... 7.4.11 is plenty good enough :p

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is it not worth it?
Well, I was the first to mod a VN here that was built on R8 and it was a bitch tbh...no one has done one since. Now folks won't quit msg me asking me how I cracked it :ROFLMAO:. In the end it required assistance from the dev to supply some of the files or it would have taken me months to crack it all and it would have only been a partial mod. So, if you go that route then I'd ask that you supply me the raw scripts privately ;)... I'm likely not going to go through the cracking stress again in the near future. Folks still haven't figured it out yet tbh, R8 is a bit of a beast. 7.4.11 is still awesome though, mostly just lacks Python 3 support but you don't use that anyway. In the end I truly like your work and would hate to not be able to supply mod support for it.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Well, I was the first to mod a VN here that was built on R8 and it was a bitch tbh...no one has done one since. Now folks won't quit msg me asking me how I cracked it :ROFLMAO:. In the end it required assistance from the dev to supply some of the files or it would have taken me months to crack it all and it would have only been a partial mod. So, if you go that route then I'd ask that you supply me the raw scripts privately ;)... I'm likely not going to go through the cracking stress again in the near future. Folks still haven't figured it out yet tbh, R8 is a bit of a beast. 7.4.11 is still awesome though, mostly just lacks Python 3 support but you don't use that anyway. In the end I truly like your work and would hate to not be able to supply mod support for it.
What you mean? There's an updated unren that works on R8, if that's what you're talking about.

Arkanghells

Feb 15, 2021
That has nothing to do with using a controller. "name" is a variable.. and line 53 doesn't reference it. Please elaborate: are you loading from a save or starting a new game? Are you modded or unmodded?
Yeah that's what i tought at first so i tried leaving the default name, then tried with different names, tried without and with Scrappy/Joker Mod and always got the same issue. And then i tried hitting "space" instead of the "A" button on my controller and it didn't crash, i went further using "space" without issue then tried to use "A" again and got an instant crash, I can send you a report with any line you want ;). Edit: Forgot a question, it was my first time playing this VN so i tried with a new start every time.

Slockie

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
If it makes your life easier and theirs no real benefit to R8 then yeah i'll just update to 4.11

4.50 star(s) 227 Votes