GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
If it makes your life easier and theirs no real benefit to R8 then yeah i'll just update to 4.11
That would be fine for now, but I recommend reading the changelog and making a determination yourself.

The other thing to consider is that 8.0.x removes support for 32-bit operating systems, but is still supported in 7.5.x.

Finally:
We plan to continue to support Ren'Py 7.x until we see that the community has moved to Ren'Py 8.x, or until changes to the Python ecosystem mean that supporting Ren'Py on Python 2 is no longer tenable.

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
How many Li is there?
There are six love interests and two "side chicks."

However, there are 11 different endings, because you might end up in relationships with multiple girls. If you do not like lesbian/bisexual content involving your love interests, I suggest sticking to the solo paths, as all harem or throuple endings will include girl-on-girl.

NeoEros

Feb 23, 2022
There are six love interests and two "side chicks."

However, there are 11 different endings, because you might end up in relationships with multiple girls. If you do not like lesbian/bisexual content involving your love interests, I suggest sticking to the solo paths, as all harem or throuple endings will include girl-on-girl.
Hello developer, just new to the game, and so far I've only known the existence of these paths:
Solo Paths: Heidi, Athena, Mora, Sadie, Zenda, Val
Harem paths: Heidi/Athena, Heidi/Athena/Mora, Heidi/Sadie

You said there're 11 endings, I wonder are there other paths that I miss, thx!

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Hello developer, just new to the game, and so far I've only known the existence of these paths:
Solo Paths: Heidi, Athena, Mora, Sadie, Zenda, Val
Harem paths: Heidi/Athena, Heidi/Athena/Mora, Heidi/Sadie

You said there're 11 endings, I wonder are there other paths that I miss, thx!
You forgot the Heidi/Athena/Mora/Sadie option in your list, and I wouldn't rule out the possibility of just opting to not get seriously involved with any of them.

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
I typically hate tattoos in general, and find anything more then the minor one on a woman to be trashy looking. Obviously my own personal tastes and all of course. So as such I always write off pretty much every character in these games as a potential LI that is created with them.

She plays EQ though. Which I actually just logged out of an hour ago to come give this game a before bed play. It almost feels like my own personal preference priority test now running across that scene sequence lol

• Sad
Reactions: DarkOs31

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
Athena is the only reason i played this VN in the first place...
Cuz normally i don't try 0.1-0.5 releases ...
So better show some respect to my girl :p ;)

Reactions: noobchan51515

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
Pretty solid first game effort. Overall story and writing quality stand out as such.

Although next game the dev should definitely go a lot less heavy handed with trying to cater to some f95 fueled preconceived notion that most of the people playing their game have some kind of extreme insecurity complex. Your writing can and would stand on it's own for a lot more people out there without that extra eyeroll inducing "i don't need that level of ego petting. I can still figure out the girl likes me without it" cheese weighing it down.

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
Pretty solid first game effort. Overall story and writing quality stand out as such.

Although next game the dev should definitely go a lot less heavy handed with trying to cater to some f95 fueled preconceived notion that most of the people playing their game have some kind of extreme insecurity complex. Your writing can and would stand on it's own for a lot more people out there without that extra eyeroll inducing "i don't need that level of ego petting. I can still figure out the girl likes me without it" cheese weighing it down.
Could you provide an example? I think I know what you're referring to, but I don't want to assume and be completely off the mark.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You are doing a fantastic job going about the clueless young adult shtick.
Why would anyone be disruptive of a love story brewing between a hottie
and this young guy who is running away from his life but is there for girls
who want to welcome him into their lives no strings attatched.
Could you provide an example? I think I know what you're referring to, but I don't want to assume and be completely off the mark.
There is no insecurity about the dark clouds hanging over MC,
that is a very nice tension, one that hinted carries over entire novels/movies/series.

You do not have to show the baddie or be too graphic, the hints and the dreams
do a good job about it. Also, there is this good way of doing relationships,
which is to be there for the babes and offer them the opportunity to make the step.

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
The script for chapter 4 is complete. Slockie is working on renders now, but they're taking extra time because they're fairly crowded in the final scenes. I'm hoping we have the chapter complete and in beta before the end of the month, with a release shortly after that.

It's a pretty massive update, especially for those who are on multi-girl paths. And for those who were unaware, or just as a general reminder, chapter 5 is the last chapter of Bare Witness. Slockie and I will be moving on to our next game, Heaven's Door, after we complete BW.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
The script for chapter 4 is complete. Slockie is working on renders now, but they're taking extra time because they're fairly crowded in the final scenes. I'm hoping we have the chapter complete and in beta before the end of the month, with a release shortly after that.

It's a pretty massive update, especially for those who are on multi-girl paths. And for those who were unaware, or just as a general reminder, chapter 5 is the last chapter of Bare Witness. Slockie and I will be moving on to our next game, Heaven's Door, after we complete BW.
I think BW can be longer but is your call. What can you tell us about Heaven's Door?

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
I think BW can be longer but is your call. What can you tell us about Heaven's Door?
BW was always intended to be a relatively short game. Since it's our first project, we knew we'd learn a lot on it, and we have. We didn't want a long game that had wildly different quality at the end compared to at the start. Even at just 5 chapters we're already planning to redo chapter 1 for the Steam release, because the render quality has improved vastly since that initial chapter. I imagine with 10 chapters we might want to redo the entire first half. :LOL:

As for Heaven's Door: it will take place in a smaller city outside of New Orleans, in the bayou country of Louisiana. Heaven's Door is the name of the strip club that will serve as the primary setting for much of the game. We have 10 love interests planned, and it will be a true harem game, with the MC having the option to have relationships with as many of the women as he likes, or as few as he likes.

Some of the love interests have been previewed on our Discord and in our Patreon, but one that you might be familiar with is Nicole from Bare Witness. She's elevated from side chick to full love interest in Heaven's Door, though this reality's version of her prefers to go by Nikki, and is a much warmer, caring woman than the variant we saw in Bare Witness.

I can't say much else beyond that. Players will learn as the story progresses why the MC is in town, while also navigating the potential love interest storylines and some hostile forces who would really prefer he wasn't there at all.

4.50 star(s) 227 Votes