TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
No clue what you´re talking about - did I miss something???
It's in the end sequence of Val's path in Ch5, i.e., after all choices have been made, and so unaoidable. While in "exile" before being reunited with Val, MC has some hookups, including a woman named Sam, who he ditches after she develops a case of "the feels." There is a lewd in the gallery featuring a scene or two of banging Sam.

Reactions: turbojoe

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
It's in the end sequence of Val's path in Ch5, i.e., after all choices have been made, and so unaoidable. While in "exile" before being reunited with Val, MC has some hookups, including a woman named Sam, who he ditches after she develops a case of "the feels." There is a lewd in the gallery featuring a scene or two of banging Sam.
Oh man - seems I misunderstood the words of Antherak, cuz he wrote about "in her ending".
And I could not for my life remember any cheating on the end of CH5..............o_O

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
Oh man - seems I misunderstood the words of Antherak, cuz he wrote about "in her ending".
And I could not for my life remember any cheating on the end of CH5..............o_O
This is said with my tongue firmly in my cheek, please nobody hate me (or come at me with a multitude of replies arguing why it is wrong)! :ROFLMAO:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
At long last: downloading. This is one of about 5 or 6 of my "big" VNs that has completed since the beginning of the year. Sad that it's done, but can't wait to play it out!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: TonyMurray

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
First to say there is not real Harem, cuz the girls are also interacting with themselves - more like gang bang.
Honestly, "polyamory" would probably be the best tag here, but that doesn't exist on this site, only "harem".

Mar 29, 2023
On Mora's path when the Mc is talking to Joey Smiles;

The Mc got the alignment wrong actually. Joey Smiles isn't neutral evil as the Mc claimed but actually chaotic evil.

Lawful evil would mean Joey would prioritize the outfit over himself, following every command the outfit gives him. He didn't do that so he isn't lawful.

Joey admits that he kills because he likes killing. Not because it's necessary or that he's ordered to do it. Meaning he prioritizes the individual over the collective. That by definition is chaotic evil. Because neutral evil takes both sides of the coin, sometimes prioritizes the organization, sometimes the individual.

Also Joey undermines the outfit a lot with his behavior, they think of him as a pain in the rear, so he kinda locks himself out neutral and lawful behavior.

Lawful characters are driven to protect the interest of the group above the interest of the individual and would strive to be honest and to obey just and fair laws. Chaotic creatures and individuals embraced the individual above the group and viewed laws and honesty as unimportant. Neutral creatures and characters believe in the importance of both groups and individuals, and felt that law and chaos are both important. They believe in maintaining the balance between law and chaos and were often motivated by self-interest (source: wikipedia)

Reactions: Elhemeer

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
Even though I downloaded a couple of days ago, I'm just now about to play the final chapter. As I did all my pre-play setup (getting image folders ready, etc.), I opened the VN just to remember whether it used "Chapter" or "Episode" or some other designation, to be blessed with the theme song.

It's been a while since I did my last runs, and had forgotten that that piece was associated with this VN. It's a great little tune and fits so well.

This will be the fifth "finale" I've done in the last three months, but it is the only one I feel I'll be satisfied with. I'll hate that it will be over (thus my delay in getting round to playing), but with the time and effort the team seems to have put into it, I doubt I'll find any of the endings "phoned in", the way everything else has been lately. Though, I am prepared to be disturbed by offspring where it seems the OB used an X-Ray instead of an ultrasound to check on the kiddo as the pregnancy progressed. :LOL:

ADDENDUM: As I get into this, I decided to play from my least anticipated ending to my most, and, for me, least was a toss-up between Val and Zenda - lovely girls, but I liked the others better. As I get into it, I check my Sancho stats on both of my nominal "Val" saves, and they are both "-99" - as was every other save I checked. Seems I must have fucked Nicole in all of them! :LOL: Fortunately, had a quick save on a Ch3 Val scene and can build a path from there, though it's paining me to avoid any paths with my best girls that would conflict with the cougar path. Oh well...

Last edited:

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
ADDENDUM: As I get into this, I decided to play from my least anticipated ending to my most, and, for me, least was a toss-up between Val and Zenda - lovely girls, but I liked the others better. As I get into it, I check my Sancho stats on both of my nominal "Val" saves, and they are both "-99" - as was every other save I checked. Seems I must have fucked Nicole in all of them! :LOL: Fortunately, had a quick save on a Ch3 Val scene and can build a path from there, though it's paining me to avoid any paths with my best girls that would conflict with the cougar path. Oh well...
:ROFLMAO: to the Val stats. I guess you mustn't have missed the opportunity to tell her you love her though, which hits you with -8008135 points if you don't say it (though I think that might possibly be a new edit along with the final update).

I totally agree though, if I'd played my endings in "worst to best" order, I would have started with Zenda and Val, but then I would have been very pleasantly surprised. I wish you good fortune on your journey!

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
Val_Ch05_Adorbs.png
WOW! Just finished the Val ending. That render is one of my fave's and Val looks absolutely adorable! :)

And, no, I haven't been playing solid since my last post, but it was still a TON of content for just that one ending. As for what follows, I have avoided reading spoilers since this thing came out, so I was going in without too many outside influences on my expectations. One thing I didn't expect was as much "our new life" content, but I liked the story it told. Nor did I expect as many "scenes" for just that single ending - with most VNs lately, you're lucky to get one such "farewell VN" scene for an LI - and if she was a secondary LI, it's probably less than a dozen renders and maybe a brief animation. If the work put in on this ending is indicative of all the others, I know what I'll be doing for the next week+!

The amount of content for this one ending would be an entire "chapter" or "episode" of any other well-done VN with a 5-6 month Dev cycle, and there's another 8 endings, if I'm remembering right. I'm sure some of the content may be the same in all of them, just with alternate dialogue, but that will probably account for no more than 20% of the content of each. Amazing!

Overall, just outstandingly well done - I can hardly wait to get to my "preferred" endings now.

Some observations:
Looking forward to the remaining endings. Zenda is next for me - can't remember if there are two variants based on whether you let the friend get involved with y'all or not, but guess I'll find out tomorrow evening.

Oh, and I sometimes wonder how Devs name scenes in development as they storyboard/render. For MC's return from WitSec in the Val ending, were I doing the storyboard, the scene name would have been something akin to my naming convention for the renders I screenshot: "Val_Ch05-04_HomeCummingAndCummingAndCumming". Yeah, a bit long, but I had to do it. :devilish:

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
View attachment 3796724
WOW! Just finished the Val ending. That render is one of my fave's and Val looks absolutely adorable! :)

And, no, I haven't been playing solid since my last post, but it was still a TON of content for just that one ending. As for what follows, I have avoided reading spoilers since this thing came out, so I was going in without too many outside influences on my expectations. One thing I didn't expect was as much "our new life" content, but I liked the story it told. Nor did I expect as many "scenes" for just that single ending - with most VNs lately, you're lucky to get one such "farewell VN" scene for an LI - and if she was a secondary LI, it's probably less than a dozen renders and maybe a brief animation. If the work put in on this ending is indicative of all the others, I know what I'll be doing for the next week+!

The amount of content for this one ending would be an entire "chapter" or "episode" of any other well-done VN with a 5-6 month Dev cycle, and there's another 8 endings, if I'm remembering right. I'm sure some of the content may be the same in all of them, just with alternate dialogue, but that will probably account for no more than 20% of the content of each. Amazing!

Overall, just outstandingly well done - I can hardly wait to get to my "preferred" endings now.

Some observations:
Looking forward to the remaining endings. Zenda is next for me - can't remember if there are two variants based on whether you let the friend get involved with y'all or not, but guess I'll find out tomorrow evening.

Oh, and I sometimes wonder how Devs name scenes in development as they storyboard/render. For MC's return from WitSec in the Val ending, were I doing the storyboard, the scene name would have been something akin to my naming convention for the renders I screenshot: "Val_Ch05-04_HomeCummingAndCummingAndCumming". Yeah, a bit long, but I had to do it. :devilish:
I see what you mean about Sam's looks, I guess MC has a type (even if he eats off the menu in some paths). I won't spoil anything in the open except to up your numbers to 11 endings, but if you want an answer to the Zenda's friend bit, no, there's no difference/variance, so it doesn't matter if you let the friend join you in the earlier chapter or not. (it's wordier than just a "yes/no" but it's not a spoiler beyond just saying that "yes or no").

Val's ending is generally regarded to be the best, certainly in terms of what people have reported on here, but the other endings are all good too, and equally well-put together/cared for.

Reactions: DaFinker

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
View attachment 3796724

Some observations:

The ending/endings of Bare Witness is how I will judge endings of other AVN's now. There aren't many that are finished but this one is by far my favourite, it's not even close. It may have taken over a year to finish, but I would rather that than a few "and they all lived happily ever after" renders. Each ending feels unique, we really get to see what life looks like with whoever you choose. The dev understands what what's most important in an AVN is the love interests, not the story, which thankfully gets wrapped up pretty quickly.
It felt like the game gave me a big hug and just held me there. Simply beautiful.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
View attachment 3796724

Some observations:

Nothing important here, but Val tells you when you meet that she's 42 (exactly double your age at the time, which she makes a joke about.)

Reactions: DaFinker

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
On Mora's path when the Mc is talking to Joey Smiles;

The Mc got the alignment wrong actually. Joey Smiles isn't neutral evil as the Mc claimed but actually chaotic evil.

Lawful evil would mean Joey would prioritize the outfit over himself, following every command the outfit gives him. He didn't do that so he isn't lawful.

Joey admits that he kills because he likes killing. Not because it's necessary or that he's ordered to do it. Meaning he prioritizes the individual over the collective. That by definition is chaotic evil. Because neutral evil takes both sides of the coin, sometimes prioritizes the organization, sometimes the individual.

Also Joey undermines the outfit a lot with his behavior, they think of him as a pain in the rear, so he kinda locks himself out neutral and lawful behavior.
Given that they play Pathfinder, they likely use those definitions instead of D&D definitions.

Most relevant part: "A neutral evil villain does whatever she can get away with. She is out for herself, pure and simple."

In Pathfinder, a Chaotic Evil villain is going to be the one going on random indiscriminate killing sprees. While Joey enjoys killing, his actions are more methodical, targeted, and self-interested than that. Remember, it's not just desire to kill that drives him, but also his belief that MC could testify against him.

Based on these definitions and taken as a whole (rather than just looking at his actions towards MC), I'd say Neutral Evil is appropriate.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: sp4ckj4rr0w_420
4.50 star(s) 238 Votes