SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
hmmmmm but you cant visit other regions until you finish quest in penketh so will these also change or are you talking about second time when you get back to penketh?
Sure, and that was because the other locations didn't graphically or code existed XD

So they necesarily needed to be locked. In around 8 months time, I'll just start checking ch1 conversations in important places and add some additional layers of variable checking for variant dialogues, so, you can end chapter 1 by finishing any baronny, not penketh exclusively.

It's been time already that when I code conversations I always add variable dialogues for even things that need to happen necesarily now, but it wouldn't had to happen when the full county freeroam is available.

To not make things excessively hard, player may even start chapter two without finishing chapter one. Is not that mind blowing.

BFL code is extremely flexible and not coded linearly in any way. That's the reason there is no "story bugs" like in linearly coded games trying to make freeroam. Just needs an extreme quantity of additional code I guess... But I enjoy it making it that way.

Which remembers me something I had not answered:

hello dev are there some side effect if we are not loyal to irene ? or can we be loyal to someone else or to ourselves later on? (like we end up usurping the duke title rather than irene) also will there be a new way to get another wood or paper or other resource in the future? will there be a cheat option implemented someday? thanks
I'm not going to put Cheats for two reasons:
-Any kind of allowing cheats and extra features that really don't add nothing to the game or as I coded it (like being able to skip text fast, show text immediately etc) only results on fake bugs reports or Not intended way to play-bugs that make me spent days looking for ghosts.
-Due to how BFL is coded, you can't just cheat StoryStage Int 1 from 100 and expect to have all scenes with a girl available... that will just make the player lose half the scenes and block others. The player should need to know all the variables (global variables, local variables, and component variables, more than 400 by now) implied in achieving something to use the cheat menu to change every variable they want...So at that stage if he know, is just better to just modify the savegame.
Closed Beta testers have access to a debug menu that gives all items and lets them access directly many scenes, but using it breaks the saves. Beyond not being a good gallery (yeah, you can see the scene, but the scene will always ocurr with the stats you have now, like 0 in the start. You won't be able to say things or heard things based on things that you have played, but just have the blandest generic dialogue, or dialogue that applies to things that you have not done.
Same way, having all items breaks progress, cause sometimes the way to advance with someone is not having an item, 'cause at the moment was the the way to code it without adding additional variables (that I use enough). Same way, if an item that is supposedly to be given once, and is supposed to only existed once, and I didn't code safeguards for the possibility of giving a second item, will break the game again.
So in summary....Adding cheats will requiere double the coding, a thing I cannot afford because I'm a single mortal.

Only cheat by now that wouldn't break almost anything is infinite money.. and what's the fun in that. (and if you have infinite money, you wouldn't ever be able to talk with your mother and unlock money asking related events, like opening jezzebel and hannah...)

Well, enough fun talking about the game. (fun for me I guess). Back to work, I'm adding an extra scene to 0.20.

Reactions: Ssato243

maroder

Jun 17, 2017
Sure, and that was because the other locations didn't graphically or code existed XD

So they necesarily needed to be locked. In around 8 months time, I'll just start checking ch1 conversations in important places and add some additional layers of variable checking for variant dialogues, so, you can end chapter 1 by finishing any baronny, not penketh exclusively.

It's been time already that when I code conversations I always add variable dialogues for even things that need to happen necesarily now, but it wouldn't had to happen when the full county freeroam is available.

To not make things excessively hard, player may even start chapter two without finishing chapter one. Is not that mind blowing.
thanks that answers my question

Reactions: SeventhVixen
4.40 star(s) 57 Votes