-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Ryahn Its possible remove the abandoned tag?
As long as you continue with your project and a new version they will remove it or you can report it or request it. Report button.
Requesting will not work, unless I suppose they make some kind of exception. The rule on the site normally is that, even if a new release is out, the thread doesn't remove the label until the update actually makes it to F95Zone. So it should be removed soon, but it won't come off just yet.

Reactions: LOWERCASE GUY

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
I don't care that much about waiting, And how soon the public release gets out, doesn't depend on me but on getting testers. but I'm idle while the first testings are done, and I've been told to check the rules so I did.

https://f95zone.to/threads/game-uploading-rules-2024-02-29.524/
The rules say:

3.Prefixes,
3.2.Abandoned,
(...)
Note: this prefix is only removed upon the release of a new update for purchase/download.

As I read the rules I see no exception; there is a new update to purchase. If "generally" it works differently, well, I for sure don't know, as I've been two years away from here, but I respect it. Moderating this forum is his work, not mine. Mine is the game.

As said, no biggie.

--------------------------------------------

That topic aside, taking advantage of the occasion that I am posting, and precisely about the word "abandoned", just a word for the people that (absolutely within reason) could had lost hope in the game; It has been in my obssesive mind every day since I started it around 5 years ago. Never abandoned my mind for a day, no matter how many medication. Just put it on hold while solving my mental health (one provoked by my own high set of expectations about my ability to deliver against storm and hail, during a time plagued by technical and exterior problems) . Even then, when I solved that issue (my mind), and chosed to get back, suddenly had a lot of economic problems so even if I wanted (and started) to work on BFL since more than a year ago, the progress was minimal 'cause I had to work so much on other stuff.

Now, suddenly, all those problems are gone. Thrice with the lack of a mortgage, the sell of a house, and certain prosperity on selling 3d models, Finally I don't have to worry about a daring situation about short term money income, so I can get back to calmly work on videogames, my love, for years to come. With quite thicker skin about all the things I've learned along the way, and quite, quite, quite better coding skills.

I've been having a blast during the 200+- hours I've invested this past month coding,debugging and testing the release, and dann happy that can finally get out and I can just keep working on the next one ;)

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I don't care that much about waiting, And how soon the public release gets out, doesn't depend on me but on getting testers. but I'm idle while the first testings are done, and I've been told to check the rules so I did.

https://f95zone.to/threads/game-uploading-rules-2024-02-29.524/
The rules say:

3.Prefixes,
3.2.Abandoned,
(...)
Note: this prefix is only removed upon the release of a new update for purchase/download.

As I read the rules I see no exception; there is a new update to purchase. If "generally" it works differently, well, I for sure don't know, as I've been two years away from here, but I respect it. Moderating this forum is his work, not mine. Mine is the game.

As said, no biggie.

--------------------------------------------
It depends on how you interpret that, I suppose. But I don't remember ever seeing the label removed until the update is on this site, regardless of it being on a crowdfunding platform. I was merely stating the pattern of how I've seen that applied. But as you said, no biggie. ;)
That topic aside, taking advantage of the occasion that I am posting, and precisely about the word "abandoned", just a word for the people that (absolutely within reason) could had lost hope in the game; It has been in my obssesive mind every day since I started it around 5 years ago. Never abandoned my mind for a day, no matter how many medication. Just put it on hold while solving my mental health (one provoked by my own high set of expectations about my ability to deliver against storm and hail, during a time plagued by technical and exterior problems) . Even then, when I solved that issue (my mind), and chosed to get back, suddenly had a lot of economic problems so even if I wanted (and started) to work on BFL since more than a year ago, the progress was minimal 'cause I had to work so much on other stuff.

Now, suddenly, all those problems are gone. Thrice with the lack of a mortgage, the sell of a house, and certain prosperity on selling 3d models, Finally I don't have to worry about a daring situation about short term money income, so I can get back to calmly work on videogames, my love, for years to come. With quite thicker skin about all the things I've learned along the way, and quite, quite, quite better coding skills.

I've been having a blast during the 200+- hours I've invested this past month coding,debugging and testing the release, and dann happy that can finally get out and I can just keep working on the next one ;)
I'm very happy to hear your mental struggles are resolved now. I can only imagine what it might have been like for you. Your health should always come first IMO, so I'm glad that you've been looking after that. Heart.png And, ofc, I'm happy to hear you're energized about your game again as well.

Bonercat

Apr 14, 2021
hello dev are there some side effect if we are not loyal to irene ? or can we be loyal to someone else or to ourselves later on? (like we end up usurping the duke title rather than irene) also will there be a new way to get another wood or paper or other resource in the future? will there be a cheat option implemented someday? thanks

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
hello dev are there some side effect if we are not loyal to irene ? or can we be loyal to someone else or to ourselves later on? (like we end up usurping the duke title rather than irene) also will there be a new way to get another wood or paper or other resource in the future? will there be a cheat option implemented someday? thanks
Not yet, yes, and yes. Game follows 3 different loyalties, But before chapter 3 is inconsequential.
As far as I know you can get 2 of wood (If you are planning both on having paper and upgrading akros manor). I think to remember that was black market at the porthouse or the silk trader merchant, One of those. . Anyway,you will be always be able to update akros manor. Soon that there will be progress in that aspect, I'll make sure there is no problem.

Of course you can't get to the second wood souce before finishing penketh, so in that gameplay you will be just having less rewards from penketh, unsubstantial at this stage. By the time everything piles up (chapter 3) (the need of the well maintaned armies, etc), if you like the game you will probably just replay it.

maroder

Jun 17, 2017
while i like game i really don't like that you can't finish penketh questline with best possible results. i tried to replay game before version 0.2 comes out but stopped in penketh because i know that it's not finished. while i think that leaving some path unfinished to work on them in future is not that of a big problem but panketh is to early in game and after that you must reply big part of game again.

Last edited:

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
while i like game i really don't like that you can't finish penketh questline with best possible results. i tried to replay game before version 0.2 comes out but stopped in penketh because i know that it's not finished. while i think that leaving some path unfinished to work on them in future is not that of a big problem but panketh is to early in game and after that you must reply big part of game again.

Doesn't hurt a refresher of the topic:
That's because how to finish penketh will be redone when all kahian regions are available. Can't do it before as I need the scenes from other places ready to more trade, and that was a lot of places and scenes. But we are now only a pair of updates of finishing chapter 2, when all locations will be available.
BFL was not meant to be released in updates-or to be on patreon. When chapter 2 is closed, (in 2 big updates or 2-3 mid sized updates), changes will be made so everything is complete up to that point.

And after chapter 2, Everything I have planned is more accordingly to be played in a release schedule. As save games are always compatible, you can keep enjoying new content, only to replay if want to take completly different paths. After all, the difference between afinity 4 or 5 iin penketh is just some better maths achieved with some trading, nothing history changing.

And thanks for liking the game ;)

maroder

Jun 17, 2017
Doesn't hurt a refresher of the topic:
That's because how to finish penketh will be redone when all kahian regions are available. Can't do it before as I need the scenes from other places ready to more trade, and that was a lot of places and scenes. But we are now only a pair of updates of finishing chapter 2, when all locations will be available.
BFL was not meant to be released in updates-or to be on patreon. When chapter 2 is closed, (in 2 big updates or 2-3 mid sized updates), changes will be made so everything is complete up to that point.
hmmmmm but you cant visit other regions until you finish quest in penketh so will these also change or are you talking about second time when you get back to penketh?

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes