ttitto12

Jun 27, 2019
But why is it taking so long to introduce the rest of the game? It has a very good introduction, but I am synthesized within the game, it does not seem to have the freedom to create items and decide on territories.

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018

Here you have info of the game and the process

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
can someone upload CG for this game? its too slow to play on this engine
You have Fast Mode, Skip Mode, Scrolling speed Options...

But why is it taking so long to introduce the rest of the game? It has a very good introduction, but I am synthesized within the game, it does not seem to have the freedom to create items and decide on territories.
I think is not that type of game. Is not a strategy sandbox of any kind; The strategy is story based, and battle management will start in chapter 3. In the current game and until the end of chapter 2 what you do is making the first many choices about your army composition, leaders, and resources, while the story unfolds.

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
A player reported me some crashes when changing towns (Loading scenes). If anyone has that please report. And check your cpu is not stressed. When I play the game my cpu is at 20% (i5) and just when loading a town it goes to 50% for some seconds.

The Framecap make it runs 60FPS straight all the time, but that sudden speak of activity may cause problems.

So, if anyone find the problem please report, and as a quick fix I'll just suggest to have windows clean of all those CPU chuggers useless stuff that is around in the OS xD (Firewall, Superfetch if you're low on RAM, etc)

For 0.13 I'll check if there is a way to make the new levels load a bit less agressively. (They preload while patrik is moving). The problem may increase in lower computers if you use Fast Mode while the game is preloading scenes (when Patrik moves in the map).

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
Sonayte this game have various route . not possible full save. You need play with all girl w/o block they and not all route have full unlock scenes in 1 play

gubl

May 31, 2018
can someone upload CG for this game? its too slow to play on this engine
While renders are awesome, they are styled to look aged inside the game. You can see some sample in preview section of OP. Although those are not to judge the quality of game. This is not VN to skip trough to watch slides, but rather quest game with various plot branching (none of plot branches are dead end), so through reading is required to understand a deal and characters personality, and you will be greatly rewarded with immersion. If you are looking for quick skip trough content to watch animated scenes, you won’t be impressed, and likely will miss motivation as plot builds up.

Nevertheless, this game is not grindy to be concerned of Unity speed, but it maintains thorough pace, like you read adventures book page after page taking side with characters, rather leaf trough magazine.

dmhsfgl

Jul 14, 2019
When I play games, I always pay more attention to the plot, so this game is great for me. The only doubt is that the unfolding of the game seems to be very grand. I don't know if the developers can handle it.

gubl

May 31, 2018
When I play games, I always pay more attention to the plot, so this game is great for me. The only doubt is that the unfolding of the game seems to be very grand. I don't know if the developers can handle it.
7V mentioned down this thread, that game iterates trough chapters, currently only chapter one is complete, while chapter 2 is still evolving. Now, about measures dev takes to control unfolding. Conception of leveling up is represented by chapters, while each chapter has some branching that results in experience internal just to that chapter, as soon you passed chapter, you are next level, and play new story. So while scene setting we see so far looks grand, the game mission does not seem over complicated and still oriented for Sir Patrick to have as much fun as he could/wish to have. So it is like in Matrix moviE, as soon as you make it to phone (end the chapter), you spawn in new chapter and move forward. Even if you ruined relationships with someone along the path, but new chapter requires interaction with that character again, dev will direct plot to open path for you again. Murder of Baralis is great example.

God3333

Mar 9, 2019
Is a heavy story focused game. "Not a VN" is just for telling that is not a kinetic novel. Is not a "VN-freeroam" either. Is an adventure game, You have clear goals and have to choose different paths to achieve them, and get different rest-of-the-game consequences. But shares some feels with VN or Freeroam because the ability to just spent time revisiting and advancing on your side sexual encounters, that are not usually part of the real story of the game.
So there is a bit of a story. Sorry, I'm finding it a little hard to understand?

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
SeventhVixen I wonder who she is? Will she be the main LI of your next game? (saw her in your avatar too)
Minerva1.png

Indeed, she's Minerva in the game. I'm fond of her, she'll be featured in my other projects.

I hope to be able to buy new hardware this year thanks to patreon so my future projects (some of them will be little games, not fullfledged 20hours+ adventures), she'll probably appear in different ways. I show in discord sometimes stuff from old prototypes or future ideas.

I made more than 200 custom characters (modelling, texturing...), and I'm making a small database of the best of them for including them on more Photorealistic projects. But as said, for hardware limitations, those more quality oriented projects will have to wait.

Not sure if you checked the of the game, all the planned zones and planned quests. Chapter 2 is one of the biggest, and it will be finished in max 3 main updates more. (at least all Main things).
Story branching is not that complicated to code, just variables to track. For example in the upcoming 0.13 will be two very different ways of solve some major quests. Once the player is past that, it only has to worry for the next problems. Ren'py for example is not built for heavy branching, altought some devs have been able to overcome it a bit, and others had more problems implementing big games. But I built the game engine specifically for the game.

Additionally, Is not a "life sim" where every character has to have eternally long conversations around what has happened or not. Robin of Penketh don't care of how you solved Hartlepool. The real number of important characters in the game is low (Maybe 10-15), as it should be

My only problems are the Computers problems I'm having (that I lenghtly explained to the patrons. Lots of harware checking and pieces changing to no avail), and of course not being able to buy better gear to render faster/fix mistakes faster.

A hidden diamond that I was lucky enough to find, Battle for Luvia is very promising, I have to congratulate you, Seventh Vixen, playing your game, I managed to get immersed in the game's plot, it's rare to find games like yours here on F95, I played The Witcher a lot and this game reminds me of the franchise, of course apart from the fantasy elements, I'm really looking forward to the future of the game, speaking of the future, I don't know if anyone has already asked you, but you intend to launch this game on Steam?
Thank you for your kind words, compañero.
As I commented from time to time, the game was never meant to be released uncompleted, but direct to steam. (A reason why I have to rework some parts of chapter 1). But after a year of work (Let's say half year making 3dmodels and the game engine, and half year coding chapter 1, making mistakes, and recoding) and seeing that it will be an impossible game to make without lots of beta testers to tests all the branching, I decided to open it for those who wanted to show support and get involved in the game.

In fact the 20 bucks tier of patreon grants you a Steam key that one can use currently use to keep the game updated on his steam library (The game doesn't show up on steam because I made it not yet public, but yeah, one can use it to have the game and keep it updated via steam). Even achievements are coded.

And speaking about the devil (money), please all people that really like the game please leave a review, it is important that the game attracts possible supporters, the faster I can get to having 2-3k bucks more only to buy a new Good machine, the faster I'll be able to work on quality games ;)

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Please share it.
The MAC version don't work. This one was made for 0.11c. Won't hurt sharing if anyone can help.

If anyone have skill to know how to fix it-tell me exactly what I need to do, please tell. I've been putting Libraries an stuff in the folders they're suppose to go...but still won't work. I'm clueless with the MAC version.

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes