Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
This is a hugely ambitious project and I commend the dev for that (y) A lot of content for a first public release too. The grammar could use a native English editor somewhere along the line though, and the game could do with a bit more optimization (some stutter and a lot of "hourglass" waiting slowing the flow of the game).

There is a curious mixture of fantasy setting mixed with real world locales and peoples - Irish, Egyption, gypsies etc. - so not sure where this alternate Holy Roman Empire is supposed to be set (in the Americas? Alternate reality?) A short "Star Wars" style intro crawl about Luvia in the beginning might not be amiss here. H-Scenes could also do with some better alignment e.g.:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Having said that, the story is engaging, there are humorous dialogues, the characters are numerous, the details and gameplay system elaborate. Looking forward to the continuation of the game, and for the Dev:

goodfortunedev.gif

Larsung

May 29, 2018
wow this is a real good game!

i have only one thing to complain.. The "jumping" screen... every cutscene is jumping around, is there an option to stop this please! after 15minutes i get dizzy every time

aklik

Mar 24, 2018
Why a shame it's unity? Renpy is only really suited for VN's. I know, you can Frankenstein gameplay elements, but yeeah.
Because unity is the worst thing humanity ever created. It was huge mistake which can not be fixed except by fire.

reterik

Aug 3, 2019
I might just be this game's resident game breaker... Literally there were like 6-7 redos to the code because I broke it so well... But seriously there is a hell of a lot of content in this game already and it's only the prologue and chapter 1... Your actions have consequences so I suggest playing all scenes at least once... And if you're interested in something, always talk to Seventh about it, cause they've been more than accommodating to help with wanting to know what we'd like to see in their game...

Now things I read here suggest a few things, and they've been on my mind sometimes as well, so I asked previously... we gotta remember that this game is based in ol' olden times, where the men ran the show ultimately, but there are plenty of fine women around to fondle... So keep that in mind when you keep playing... The MC has a few sisters and mother, and the Countess is his cousin... It was back in historical times fine to marry and have relations with a family member, I mean Kings married their own sisters all the time... So don't be surprised if something happens in the 'future', but from what I know right now it's not 'planned'... Hint hint... Keep on Seventh and 'maybe' they will add something in...

Join the discord channel as Seventh normally is always in there responding before anyone knows what's going on lol...

Favorite Female Characters Currently In Order (as many as I can recall):
  1. Irena (Who wouldn't wanna bang the authority figure, but she's your cousin sooooo.... incest is wincest I guess?)
  2. Mina (Cute shy little thing, who wants to bang and marry you, downside, servant girl so frowned upon politically)
  3. Illiana (REDHEAD! HORSEMOUTH! And she's definitely lewd as hell)
  4. Daisy (Cute, sweet innocent... One of three sisters to MC... Youngest... Needs to be married off... MC says what?)
  5. Robin (Bar Patron, General Sluttiness... Her nickname is 'lips' I guess?)
  6. Alana (Best Drunken Decision I've made!)
  7. Minerva (Generally Slutty, Gypsy, Big Tits... What's not to like?)
  8. Mother (Family Oriented, Still Misses Daddy-O... Doesn't flaunt her body, but has a slim figure, and very easy on eyes)
  9. Katerine (Generally Slutty, Servant Girl, Easily Dimwitted, Usually Dirty (like with dirt))
  10. Jezzebelle (Akros maid... Overdressed... But you'll see...)
  11. Dexter (She's Way Too Over Dressed Right Now, But I like her shyness)
  12. Pottery Dealer (Ebony Beauty, Great Blower, Likes To Please)
Soon though, I've been teased with Chapter 2... And I won't spoil it... But damn I hate Seventh for torturing me... Let's just say one word... Redheads...

Anyways... Not spoiling much that you won't already see for yourselves! Just opinions anyways :D Enjoy the game while I go break another version of it!

reterik

Aug 3, 2019
I normally like naming my character too, but I'm not too upset about that either way... He does have a nickname as Silverbeard... you'll see it obviously... Though a name or nickname you choose would always be cool to do... like that personal touch in some games :)

Edit: hehe, post 69... sorry not sorry, had to be done...

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
ı cant find save folder just anyone tell me where can ı fınd it ?
Should be here, as hinted in the check keys menu where it says where the screenshots should be:
C:\Users\%YourUserName%\AppData\LocalLow\SeventhVixen\BattleforLuvia

Reactions: Qarevq

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
No Incest Please...
I agree on immediate family (sister, mother) but cousin relationships and cousin marriage was extremely common in medieval times. Look at the Habsburgs. Basically most if not all are cousin marriages. That was the biggest royal family in europe whom ruled the Holy Roman Empire (heh) the same namesake of the fantasy kingdom in this setting :). So yes the relationship with Irena should be there.

Aug 8, 2016
Hey, it's an impressive start and looks promising, but looking at the size of this first version I would strongly suggest looking into either switching to renpy or somehow drastically reduce the size in unity. If it is over 1GB at this stage, the size of the project will be an ever more daunting download and I suspect, will scare away both players and potential patrons. That would be a shame since this looks to be quite fun when fleshed out and ironed out but Unity is not kind to file sizes.
Just my 2 cents, best of luck with the game

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Hey, it's an impressive start and looks promising, but looking at the size of this first version I would strongly suggest looking into either switching to renpy or somehow drastically reduce the size in unity. If it is over 1GB at this stage, the size of the project will be an ever more daunting download and I suspect, will scare away both players and potential patrons. That would be a shame since this looks to be quite fun when fleshed out and ironed out but Unity is not kind to file sizes.
Just my 2 cents, best of luck with the game
Thanks for your tip, I'm aware of the problem, and I don't like it, but I'm afraid the solutions to reduce file size will have to be carefully tinkered manually for me. Renpy is not a solution because I can't make this game At all there, And also, I would have to spent years learning how to make exactly the game I want to make (close to like it is now) in another engine.

I'm afraid that the people that like the game and want to play will have to suffer a bit with file size. But I'm also looking at making more light weight versions.

Anyway, there are some things that would make the next update not increase much in size:

-there is possibly more than 300 mbs of additional content inside the game files that are not present in the gameplay. (scenes to happen Including old versions of renders that I didn't deleted waiting for all to work correctly.
-There is an old army-sized turn based combat system included in the game files, with graphics etc, that I included early on an later discard.
-There are many shaders compiled, and other things, that I really will never use. I'm progressively removing from the build anything that will not have an use, but I have to go slow and safe.

The thing is, I'm "fairly new" at this, specially in handling a game to people, so I will be learning over time.

Thanks ;)

Reactions: Disney777
Aug 8, 2016
The thing is, I'm "fairly new" at this, specially in handling a game to people, so I will be learning over time.

Thanks ;)
That's fair, I mostly suggested renpy because it is generally more popular with users as well as cost efficient when it comes to sizes. I think most of what we've seen so far can be done there except possibly the fight mini game, at least the way it worked now.

But if you don't want to change ir transfer it, I can absolutely respect that I just wanted to warn you of Unity's tendency to bloat the game unless you are really careful. Anyway, it's cool that you're learning as you go and I will look forward to seeing how it progresses =)

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes