VN Ren'Py Abandoned Beautiful Dark Love [v0.1.2 Beta] [Wasabi & wise2face]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Sally13

Oct 11, 2017
Am I the only who have thet problam?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After loading the script.
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 7: invalid continuation byte

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 452, in main
game.persistent = renpy.persistent.init()
File "renpy/persistent.py", line 223, in init
filename = os.path.join(renpy.config.savedir, "persistent.new")
File "/home/tom/ab/nightly-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/ntpath.py", line 85, in join
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 7: invalid continuation byte

Wasabi777

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2018
Am I the only who have thet problam?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 452, in main
game.persistent = renpy.persistent.init()
File "renpy/persistent.py", line 223, in init
filename = os.path.join(renpy.config.savedir, "persistent.new")
File "/home/tom/ab/nightly-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/ntpath.py", line 85, in join

Okay. This is new. We will check on this.

lio123722

Jan 10, 2020
Sorry, probably you played male protagonist part, male protagonist part is 5 minutes long, because there is only 1 scene, female protagonist part is 9 scenes, which is about 1 hour game play probably. depends how fast or slow you play. there are total of 900 renders roughly.

But cheer up, as next update is focused on male protagonist mostly, about 90% of it.
M pretty sure I played the female protagonist part and I ended the game in 5minutes , is it a bug or something?

Wasabi777

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2018
M pretty sure I played the female protagonist part and I ended the game in 5minutes , is it a bug or something?
If you pressed straightly "skip" button that's the only way to finish in 5 minutes.

Let's imagine you spend 5 seconds on each image to play all routes it takes roughly 800:5:60= 2.6 minutes, 100 videos roughly eqch 10 seconds 10*100/60=16.60 minutes. Also there are 2-3 second effects.

There are no puzzles yet but it choices make you think which route to take.

So probably you only played 1 route and half-skipped everything.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Wasabi777
Cleaned up the OP's formatting - please stay within site guidelines.
If in doubt - take a quick peek at what some other game's OP's look like here on F95.
Also - Please add images as thumbnails - NOT attachments.

Thanks and Cheers

randomname2243

Oct 26, 2017
So in this game, l have to choose at the start who to play as until the end or during the story, you will change roles accordingly? If it is the former, then this game could have potential, in my opinion.

Wasabi777

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2018
So in this game, l have to choose at the start who to play as until the end or during the story, you will change roles accordingly? If it is the former, then this game could have potential, in my opinion.
We're still adding episodes system, where you can choose episode and character which you want to play with.

As well as when episode finishes, you can choose with which character you want to continue with.

Choices made with hiro will affect hiro and Risa as well, but when playing as Risa, her choices will affect mostly on herself.

The main idea is will Risa be submissive, normal or dominant.

Submissive or normal risa route means Hiro will be either the harem king, or will have Risa as his GF or his submissive, as for rest of the girls, you can have them as GFs or submissives, or even just have them as friends.

If Risa will be dominant, than she will become Harem queen. But that doesn't mean being fucked by everyone, she will be just the leader and her choices of who to have sex with are Hiro, Futa or trap character. But she has Hiro under her controll, alowing him to has his own little harem, but under her lead

Reactions: randomname2243

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
so finally decided to play this game and...i' probably wont ever play again.

first con: cant name MC.

the rest well... The multiple protag is gonna be an issue. many have tried it but most of the time it fails. i also tried playing as Risa and although i did like being able to choose her response. the info from above post kind of ruins the game for me. I want Risa to be dominant(stand up for herself) but not control Hiro. then i tried avoiding getting intimate with Lily but Risa gets all submissive and acts like a pet and then dreams about getting it on with her. so that's where i realized i'll probably never play again. as for Hiro's story hmmm dudes kind of weird. hard to describe but even with the sex scenes. so far he comes off as really Vanilla despite his confidence. i wouldnt mind some options for him as well to decide how he treats his lovers.

on a side note i dont know if Jess is intended to be a love interest or just some girl u can add to Harem. but if i ever decide to play again i hope we can avoid her. not interested in going after a girl we've already seen get banged by someone else.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Win/Linux: MEGABeautiful Dark Love [v0.1.0 Alpha] Wasabi & wise2face

Original Size Win/Linux: 2.90 GB
Original Compressed Size Win/Linux: 1.67 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 213 MB

Win/Linux:

My Compressed Version Sample
screenshot0001.png

Reactions: Crazy Penguin

randomname2243

Oct 26, 2017
We're still adding episodes system, where you can choose episode and character which you want to play with.

As well as when episode finishes, you can choose with which character you want to continue with.

Choices made with hiro will affect hiro and Risa as well, but when playing as Risa, her choices will affect mostly on herself.

The main idea is will Risa be submissive, normal or dominant.

Submissive or normal risa route means Hiro will be either the harem king, or will have Risa as his GF or his submissive, as for rest of the girls, you can have them as GFs or submissives, or even just have them as friends.

If Risa will be dominant, than she will become Harem queen. But that doesn't mean being fucked by everyone, she will be just the leader and her choices of who to have sex with are Hiro, Futa or trap character. But she has Hiro under her controll, alowing him to has his own little harem, but under her lead
From your response, l can safety say, l am intrigued by it. Personally, the female protagonist being dominant, being able to choose your lover(s) or not and playing only as her, has caught my attention. Regardless, l wish you blessings on your work.
l might have finally found something good in terms of female protagonist here, hope they are a lot of choices so we can build an emotional bond with the said protagonist, to feel like we are her, to feel like a badass with the appropriate choices and not feel defeated. Kind of like an action girl, a cute one but a badass.

Wasabi777

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2018
so finally decided to play this game and...i' probably wont ever play again.

first con: cant name MC.

the rest well... The multiple protag is gonna be an issue. many have tried it but most of the time it fails. i also tried playing as Risa and although i did like being able to choose her response. the info from above post kind of ruins the game for me. I want Risa to be dominant(stand up for herself) but not control Hiro. then i tried avoiding getting intimate with Lily but Risa gets all submissive and acts like a pet and then dreams about getting it on with her. so that's where i realized i'll probably never play again. as for Hiro's story hmmm dudes kind of weird. hard to describe but even with the sex scenes. so far he comes off as really Vanilla despite his confidence. i wouldnt mind some options for him as well to decide how he treats his lovers.

on a side note i dont know if Jess is intended to be a love interest or just some girl u can add to Harem. but if i ever decide to play again i hope we can avoid her. not interested in going after a girl we've already seen get banged by someone else.

Well first of all thanks for trying the game.
Second, even though I want to a lot more options like completely avoiding Futa content, completely choosing every single action, It will be extremely hard, especially when mostly we're working on weekends on BDL, during mid-week i attend like 2-3 hours to add few things, or feeling so dead from the inside, I go straight to bed. Both developers are office-workers and kinda hard to work on the game. If we reach that Goal, where we can quit our jobs, that means full-time development on BDL.

You won't even recognise the game anymore, it will be completely different, even visually and story as well. Imagine that in 40 hours I managed to do 600+ renders, but that's already ready renders for the game, in reality I did twice as much renders, because some animations are custom animations, which are kinda meh quality sometimes.

So if we both had 5 days a week, that would be working about 40 hours in week and not month, drastically improving the game.

As for jess and caroline, those 2 are minor characters and avoidable. Let's just say 50% of female characters will be completely avoidable, including Lilly.

After catching up with Hiro route. I'm planning to make modifications to already made scenes. As for how to avoid Lilly

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Wasabi777

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2018
From your response, l can safety say, l am intrigued by it. Personally, the female protagonist being dominant, being able to choose your lover(s) or not and playing only as her, has caught my attention. Regardless, l wish you blessings on your work.
l might have finally found something good in terms of female protagonist here, hope they are a lot of choices so we can build an emotional bond with the said protagonist, to feel like we are her, to feel like a badass with the appropriate choices and not feel defeated. Kind of like an action girl, a cute one but a badass.

There are 3 main routes for Risa. Let's name them :
Route 1 : normal
Route 2 : submissive
Route 3 : Dominant.

there will be 3 major choices that has to be made in the game, which mostly decides her fate, but not completely. first one was already implemented in the game.

After these 3 choices, if you choose to be dominant, the decision is final and you can't back to Route 1 or 2. Well I personally can't imagine how a strong person become extremely weak and scared. while on the other hand, weak person can become stronger, so that being said, you can go from route 2 to route 1 and eventually route 3, also from route 1 to route 3, but there is a chance to go from route 1 to route 2 again.

in game we will be using a lot of "bool codes", what means, true or false. So decisions made in game is saving points, which determines the fate of Risa.

for example she feels like a dominant and has a fight with someone, but she lost. she more "dominant points" she has more chances of her defending herself again, overcoming the limits and fight for herself, while not having enough points, means that she will get scared for taking risks and will run away.

Even in dominant route, she can choose to be a strong girl who will just have relationship with Hiro only, But have other girls or guys or futas as friends, with no sexual contact. Even though at the beginning she has such interactions, doesn't mean that fate has been sealed. This is a prologue.

She has powers and she can't control them, thus she is acting weird, she is acting more horny. So she is fighting herself within herself. Overcoming fears, becoming stronger person. As for her partner Hiro. It's not like he is having him as her pet (although you can do that as well), main route is that they are having relationship as a pair girlfriend and boyfriend, but she is in charge of this relationship, because she is stronger than him. While you can also choose Hiro to be stronger than her and Hiro to be in charge of their relationship.

as soon as she overcomes all of her weaknesses, she becomes more aware of herself and makes appropriate choices.

She was weak, not so smart, childish, scared girl, but She can become strong, smart, more feminine or adult-like and brave girl.

Reactions: randomname2243

blackmasha

Jun 21, 2018
good animations
characters actually have sounds
good music that fits the H scenes

so far amazing game

randomname2243

Oct 26, 2017
speciality
There are 3 main routes for Risa. Let's name them :
Route 1 : normal
Route 2 : submissive
Route 3 : Dominant.

there will be 3 major choices that has to be made in the game, which mostly decides her fate, but not completely. first one was already implemented in the game.

After these 3 choices, if you choose to be dominant, the decision is final and you can't back to Route 1 or 2. Well I personally can't imagine how a strong person become extremely weak and scared. while on the other hand, weak person can become stronger, so that being said, you can go from route 2 to route 1 and eventually route 3, also from route 1 to route 3, but there is a chance to go from route 1 to route 2 again.

in game we will be using a lot of "bool codes", what means, true or false. So decisions made in game is saving points, which determines the fate of Risa.

for example she feels like a dominant and has a fight with someone, but she lost. she more "dominant points" she has more chances of her defending herself again, overcoming the limits and fight for herself, while not having enough points, means that she will get scared for taking risks and will run away.

Even in dominant route, she can choose to be a strong girl who will just have relationship with Hiro only, But have other girls or guys or futas as friends, with no sexual contact. Even though at the beginning she has such interactions, doesn't mean that fate has been sealed. This is a prologue.

She has powers and she can't control them, thus she is acting weird, she is acting more horny. So she is fighting herself within herself. Overcoming fears, becoming stronger person. As for her partner Hiro. It's not like he is having him as her pet (although you can do that as well), main route is that they are having relationship as a pair girlfriend and boyfriend, but she is in charge of this relationship, because she is stronger than him. While you can also choose Hiro to be stronger than her and Hiro to be in charge of their relationship.

as soon as she overcomes all of her weaknesses, she becomes more aware of herself and makes appropriate choices.

She was weak, not so smart, childish, scared girl, but She can become strong, smart, more feminine or adult-like and brave girl.
Impressive, all in due time of course. The greatest conflict is the one that resides in people's heart.

RSVSPAIN

Jul 5, 2018
Still cant play. The game just wont open

Windows 10.
0 errors, just the game doesn't open, I tried both normal and compressed version with the same result.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes