Are you viewing Zoey's content, or avoiding it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
My guess would be that he's still working and will eventually...eventually...release this update. But it'll be the last.

This is very obviously not the story he intended from the beginning and all the delays and negativity have destroyed his interest in it. Which...fine, except that's something you should share with your Patrons.

There's no pressure that will cause him to release this update. Were he smart, he'd keep working until a resolution to the story he's trying to tell, get a completed tag, and then move on to whatever it is that interests him.

I don't think that'll happen, but one hopes.

Fzk

Jun 18, 2019
You misinform people. You are making insulting and unnecessary sentences. If you do not have any information, please do not direct people, for example 'game abandoned'.

Reactions: Malgus26

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
My guess would be that he's still working and will eventually...eventually...release this update. But it'll be the last.

This is very obviously not the story he intended from the beginning and all the delays and negativity have destroyed his interest in it. Which...fine, except that's something you should share with your Patrons.
Since I am a hobby writer myself, I fully understand how you can loose interest in a story you make through negative comments and circumstances. But in this case "the Typist" is not innocent of adding fuel to the fires. In June he posted that the update is about a week away. Then ghosting for months. In September he announced actually three update dates, all broken. His excuse for the last one was his anniversary, that is okay in principle, but it insinuated that the update would be late by one or two days, tops. It is nearly six weeks of ghosting since then. You do not charm your fanbase with such behaviour.
And his ghosting is not the first time. I am sure even if he would have released just an average update, this would have been better received than what happens currently.

Last edited:

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Since I am a hobby writer myself, I fully understand how you can loose interest in a story you make through negative comments and circumstances. But in this case "the Typist" is not innocent of adding fuel to the fires. In June he posted that the update is about a week away. Then ghosting for months. In September he announced actually three update dates, all broken. His excuse for the last one was his anniversary, that is okay in principle, but it insinuated that the update would be late by one or two days, tops. It is nearly six weeks of ghosting since then. You do not charm your fanbase with such behaviour.
And his ghosting is not the first time. I am sure even if he would have released just an average update, this would have been better received than what happens currently.
Lates news are : update which "was ready" for release day after anniversry (september 27th!) is going to be released in two parts. first part - "soon", second part 2 weeks after it.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
But in this case "the Typist" is not innocent of adding fuel to the fires.
I certainly put 100% the blame on him for refusing to communicate honestly with his Patrons and for repeatedly missing self-imposed deadlines. My only point was that he probably isn't all that far from the "completed" update he repeatedly promised (and repeatedly failed) to release on however many missed dates he's proposed, and that my guess — which is all that it is — is that one day he'll grudgingly add whatever else it lacks and release it, but that it's very clear he's not particularly motivated to finish the project as a whole. Which is why I suggested that a better alternative for him might be to just bite the bullet, say (and he does have to actually say it) "hey, I'm not going to release anything until I've 'completed' a game" (which will be far short of whatever he originally had planned), and — as long as he's not charging Patrons for releases that aren't arriving — get the monkey off his back so he can go on to do something from which he derives happiness. Whether or not that's this sort of thing.

Chimi Changa

May 27, 2018
I certainly put 100% the blame on him for refusing to communicate honestly with his Patrons and for repeatedly missing self-imposed deadlines. My only point was that he probably isn't all that far from the "completed" update he repeatedly promised (and repeatedly failed) to release on however many missed dates he's proposed, and that my guess — which is all that it is — is that one day he'll grudgingly add whatever else it lacks and release it, but that it's very clear he's not particularly motivated to finish the project as a whole. Which is why I suggested that a better alternative for him might be to just bite the bullet, say (and he does have to actually say it) "hey, I'm not going to release anything until I've 'completed' a game" (which will be far short of whatever he originally had planned), and — as long as he's not charging Patrons for releases that aren't arriving — get the monkey off his back so he can go on to do something from which he derives happiness. Whether or not that's this sort of thing.
finally someone said this. on point!

Reactions: thunderkiss321

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
You misinform people. You are making insulting and unnecessary sentences. If you do not have any information, please do not direct people, for example 'game abandoned'.
I'm not misinforming anyone. This game had no update in more than 6 months. For the game on here to be considered abandoned it needs 3 months of no update. The only reason why that never happened is because the guy who is making it has responded several times on his patreon that he is still "working" on the game. He promised an update multiple times and broke that promise multiple times. Last one he promised was a month and a half ago and he never released it. He stopped taking money from his patreons and went ghost mode. This game is essentially abandoned until he releases an update. If you want to hide behind a technicality then you do you.

Reactions: The Organic Hemp

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I'm not misinforming anyone. This game had no update in more than 6 months. For the game on here to be considered abandoned it needs 3 months of no update.
The term 'update' can be misleading. The rules say if the dev gives no official informations for three months. So the last 'update' of the game itself can be six months ago while the dev posted an 'update' (aka informations) officially two and half months ago -> not qualified for abandon tag. Last official patreon post of the dev was on 27th of september, so we have to 'wait' until at least 27th of december.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnnyKiss and Fzk

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
The term 'update' can be misleading. The rules say if the dev gives no official informations for three months. So the last 'update' of the game itself can be six months ago while the dev posted an 'update' (aka informations) officially two and half months ago -> not qualified for abandon tag. Last official patreon post of the dev was on 27th of september, so we have to 'wait' until at least 27th of december.
I know. Like i said, it's a technicality.

aqd

Jul 16, 2017
A couple people on discord *say* he's communicating with them, but nobody is posting any screenshots of a conversation or any details. There's just stuff like, 'I have details for the next release and it'll be really hot' or 'I messaged him and have a release date'. Clearly they've been sworn to secrecy... or something.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
A couple people on discord *say* he's communicating with them, but nobody is posting any screenshots of a conversation or any details. There's just stuff like, 'I have details for the next release and it'll be really hot' or 'I messaged him and have a release date'. Clearly they've been sworn to secrecy... or something.
This is ridicilous. The dev communicates with some inner circle dudes on discord, but they aren't allowed to talk about it?! :poop: :eek: :ROFLMAO: :poop: :eek: :ROFLMAO: :poop: Look up the word 'scam'. Everything else would surprise me! On the other hand, I give a fuck about it, since he doesn't get one single dollar from me anymore. If there will be new Claire stuff, I will fap. If not, I will fap for some other CGI girl :geek: :geek: :geek: (y) (y) (y) :p :p :p :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

This makes Claire sad :(

clairesad.jpg

Last edited:

vick999

Dec 27, 2019
maybe the author will give his project to someone else to continue the story. After all, the game is interesting and events can be developed perfectly.

3.40 star(s) 93 Votes