Are you viewing Zoey's content, or avoiding it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheTypist

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2017
Still wish this had gone literally anywhere else with the NTR route...

From "you know it would be kinda hot if my fiancee banged someone else", talking to said fiancee about it, actively pushing her toward it and even roleplaying, to being bizarrely enraged over finding her at a gloryhole (with zero explanation of how you find her there), to fuckin' threatening a dude with a lethal weapon just because he showed up at your party, accidentally shooting him, and having him wind up raping said fiancee by blackmail?
What the absolute fuck kind of progression is that? The PC turns into a complete schizo with no input from the player (really, in spite of input from the player), and the game's entire tone turns on its head. Christ, I've seen more logical pathways in Escher drawings.

(Tagging @TheTypist because I'm legitimately curious why they decided to completely ruin what had at first seemed to be the single best consensual-NTR game on the market)
I can absolutely admit that it wasn't the path I should have gone with, and felt rushed when it came to trying to release updates as fast as other devs. Now I've decided to pace my self and despite all the hate from the last update, i'm trying to have what comes after make more sense, i've filled in some gaps in the dialogue previous to the events. I've basically tired to fix what seems unfixable, but I've done my best with the time I had. This game has lead to a lot of stress, but it's all for fun and has taught me a lot. I've stated all this before so I won't ramble on.

Anyhow, I've learned a lot and in my future content I hope to avoid this kinda stuff. I've been reviewing my current build a lot and have added a lot more decisions, variables, and events effected by said choices that it's lead me to a lot of script fixing. This is of course all for the better, as I'd hate to release a broken update. And with these variables, it's been tough as I'm not a coder, but i'm up till 5 am and working at 9 am and then repeating. This is super unhealthy, so I have to take brakes some days just to feel healthy haha. But I appreciate your criticism and believe me I've heard everyone clearly.

While this game is gonna continue, I believe the best of me will be all that carries on to the next. Finishing this and the next update will be it for this game. Hope to end it on a decent not with a few good endings.

Literary_Caption

May 5, 2019
Personally I think that filling in the gaps in the story is exactly what this game needs. And while I get that turning "These tickets are now diamonds! I'm on a horse." into Macbeth probably wouldn't be the most exciting thing in the world, look at it this way - I've read a lot of other devs getting flak for their stories being too slow, sluggish, grindy. I'm betting it's a lot easier for you to slow the pacing of your story down, than for them to speed theirs up...

Reactions: TheTypist

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
those who want the love route, it’ll be coming out shortly after the first part, about 3 weeks after this update or on the first of June, won’t get anyone’s hopes up but it’ll be here quick
Take your time.

I mean this with all good intentions but as a romantic I would rather see a good story played out as this has a ton of potential on both routes but I think people thought the NTR route was a bit rushed. I'd rather not see the love one go down that path too.

Take your time, get this update and the NTR path back on route for those guys and we'll still be here when that's done.

Reactions: CoffeeDrinker

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Take your time.

I mean this with all good intentions but as a romantic I would rather see a good story played out as this has a ton of potential on both routes but I think people thought the NTR route was a bit rushed. I'd rather not see the love one go down that path too.

Take your time, get this update and the NTR path back on route for those guys and we'll still be here when that's done.
To be fair, the love path took a hit from that as well.

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
I can absolutely admit that it wasn't the path I should have gone with, and felt rushed when it came to trying to release updates as fast as other devs. Now I've decided to pace my self and despite all the hate from the last update, i'm trying to have what comes after make more sense, i've filled in some gaps in the dialogue previous to the events.
Trouble is that even if the following events are more logical, the damage is kind of already done - the PC has already made himself look like a psychopath in front of everyone close to him, the fiancee is at the mercy of a vengeful thug, and the premise of a couple consensually exploring new things - and doing so together - is lost. And really that's the most frustrating part... odd pacing and illogical characters I can deal with, but watching a game suddenly become the exact opposite of what drew me to it in the first place? That just hurts. (And is why I'm being so harsh here - and I do apologize if I'm coming off like an asshole - I wouldn't be this upset if I hadn't loved what the game was and could have been).

Much as I hate the "it was all a dream" trope, IMO the only reasonable way to salvage the NTR path after that would just be revealing that the PC drank too much, passed out and we just watched his nightmare. That, or just flat-out replacing that whole segment.

And with these variables, it's been tough as I'm not a coder, but i'm up till 5 am and working at 9 am and then repeating. This is super unhealthy, so I have to take brakes some days just to feel healthy haha.
Don't risk your health over this mate, it's not worth it. I get that you're feeling pressure from fans - and especially from the complaints by people like myself - but at the end of the day we're just random internet strangers. Keeping yourself healthy is more important than placating us :p

disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
(And is why I'm being so harsh here - and I do apologize if I'm coming off like an asshole - I wouldn't be this upset if I hadn't loved what the game was and could have been).
Not harsh, just direct and heartfelt. I agree, I felt the same sour taste when I played the scene - it was like someone just scratched the record because it was so jarringly different.

Much as I hate the "it was all a dream" trope, IMO the only reasonable way to salvage the NTR path after that would just be revealing that the PC drank too much, passed out and we just watched his nightmare. That, or just flat-out replacing that whole segment.
The great thing about the incremental/mutli-release approach everyone is taking to software nowadays is that there's the opportunity for do-overs and retcon. It's his first game. It's expected that there will be a learning curve and growing pains. My advice to The Typist was to take advantage of the fact that he's only on version 0.3 and make whatever changes are required (in his mind) to fix the story.

Don't risk your health over this mate, it's not worth it. I get that you're feeling pressure from fans - and especially from the complaints by people like myself - but at the end of the day we're just random internet strangers. Keeping yourself healthy is more important than placating us :p
Agreed. The only person he needs to answer to is himself. We're just fans, lucky to be able to enjoy the benefit of his creativity. There is no obligation on his part to satisfy any of us in any way.

Ghostman95

Sep 1, 2017
I can absolutely admit that it wasn't the path I should have gone with, and felt rushed when it came to trying to release updates as fast as other devs. Now I've decided to pace my self and despite all the hate from the last update, i'm trying to have what comes after make more sense, i've filled in some gaps in the dialogue previous to the events. I've basically tired to fix what seems unfixable, but I've done my best with the time I had. This game has lead to a lot of stress, but it's all for fun and has taught me a lot. I've stated all this before so I won't ramble on.

Anyhow, I've learned a lot and in my future content I hope to avoid this kinda stuff. I've been reviewing my current build a lot and have added a lot more decisions, variables, and events effected by said choices that it's lead me to a lot of script fixing. This is of course all for the better, as I'd hate to release a broken update. And with these variables, it's been tough as I'm not a coder, but i'm up till 5 am and working at 9 am and then repeating. This is super unhealthy, so I have to take brakes some days just to feel healthy haha. But I appreciate your criticism and believe me I've heard everyone clearly.

While this game is gonna continue, I believe the best of me will be all that carries on to the next. Finishing this and the next update will be it for this game. Hope to end it on a decent not with a few good endings.
I really wanted to see Krystal and Rose get corrupted...oh well

MangoMeta

Oct 27, 2018
this update is all for the NTR route as the love route is taking this release off.
Because the love route needs a break, you know the route that has no content needs a break. Real middle finger right there.

TheTypist

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2017
Because the love route needs a break, you know the route that has no content needs a break. Real middle finger right there.
technically, it's an ntr game to begin with. Sorry to dissapoint, it'll come. I have a lot of plans for the love route, and although it ended on an odd note for some, it's exactly what i wanted and know what's next. Patience, all I can say really. Sorry

MangoMeta

Oct 27, 2018
technically, it's an ntr game to begin with. Sorry to dissapoint, it'll come. I have a lot of plans for the love route, and although it ended on an odd note for some, it's exactly what i wanted and know what's next. Patience, all I can say really. Sorry
Just seems to be a real big "fuck you" to say that its taking a break when it never started in the first place.

TheTypist

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2017
Just seems to be a real big "fuck you" to say that its taking a break when it never started in the first place.
Okay. Sorry you feel that way. If I had more time, I'd be able to put much more out. But I don't. That's all I can say. There are plenty of romance games/movies out there to keep people busy for now. The new avengers, IDK, and if it never started, you should show no interest to begin with. But, here we are. I appreciate you playing, I really do. The content will come. So, that's all I can say on the subject.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
No, love route is totally different. The shooting doesn't happen on love route, not after the new fix I have atleast.
So is that the June first one? If so i'm excited to see what you have put together. Also ignore the other guy, work at your own pace, I just hope that once this games over we vanilla bois have a good amount of content.

TheTypist

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2017
So is that the June first one? If so i'm excited to see what you have put together. Also ignore the other guy, work at your own pace, I just hope that once this games over we vanilla bois have a good amount of content.
I'm not sure yet :) I have this ntr update almost ready for pretty much this week. The love route shouldn't take long, June 1st would be awesome. I think I'll have much more time for the game starting this week, as I decided to take some work days off. I shortened my schedule for this, I'm hoping to work more steadily now.

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
I'm going to resist calling you what I feel you deserve to be called here, because I've got enough Naughty Points already - but I will point out that your complaints seem awfully flat when the Love route has a whopping two fewer scenes. Yeah, totally nonexistent.

It makes sense that the NTR route is being given priority, since in case you haven't been paying literally any attention whatsoever, it's desperately in need of major work after the utter shitshow it turned into with the last update.

Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
Okay. Sorry you feel that way. If I had more time, I'd be able to put much more out. But I don't. That's all I can say. There are plenty of romance games/movies out there to keep people busy for now. The new avengers, IDK, and if it never started, you should show no interest to begin with. But, here we are. I appreciate you playing, I really do. The content will come. So, that's all I can say on the subject.
I don't get the guy saying that what you said is a middle finger and a "fuck you". If the Love route is nonexistent why even bother getting worked up about it? If the game suddenly changed tone and got rid of the content you liked at the beginning, it would at least make sense. It's not like it was a romance "lovey dovey" game that turned into a cheap thriller near the end (Acting Lessons). :D It's supposed to be a NTR game, right? And you are (I hope) giving people who like that stuff what they wanted, by fixing and expanding the NTR stuff in the game. I personally like to "Netori" way more than "Netorare", so I still wait for a game where you play "The Bull", but I kinda like Jenni in this VN and want to take her from the MC, so I stick around. :D Most games on this site have no NTR, so nobody needs to bother about this one focusing on it.

3.30 star(s) 92 Votes