Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Thats what Im saying, people DO take their time and make it themselves. You underestimate people with free time. And would only need to render the new scenes, not everything. Unren whats there, add what you want and thats it.

Just look up Violet on Harem Hotel, straight up fanmade character with her own scenes added on the game with a mod.

Nah, more like someone uninformed who thinks they know it all.
Harem Hotel is a custom character not an already established character tied to the plot.....

Julia is never getting a route, nobody is making a mod.

You don't seem to understand just how much would need to be done.

Julia has zero scenes which would mean someone rendering all her scenes and every scene with her in it and changing the entire story to fit that.

The game has been out nearly a year and just how many incest patch's, mods or people saying they are working on one do you see?

None, that's right.

Because it aint happening.

The only uninformed one here is you.

Uninformed doesn't cover it. You are either severely delusional or trolling if you think it will ever be a thing.

And would only need to render the new scenes, not everything. Unren whats there, add what you want and thats it.
There is nothing to unren, that is the point, she has no sex scenes to use.

Everything would need to re rendered and the story redone because all paths tie in to each other. Points need to be redone, conversations need to be redone and all relationships need to be redone to fit in with the new variables that would need to be added.

Not to mention Julia would have to hand over her company to Jane because if anyone found out it would ruin her.

It's simply a case of it's never going to happen.

The dev is never going to add it and nobody is ever going to mod it.

Harem Hotel with a custom character with it's whole purpose of being a harem and easily able to add new sexual conquests is a far cry from a story based VN with a deeply ingrained points system and a character driven plot.

Apr 16, 2019
You dont need to remake the entire game to add a scene or two, at all. Thats how an update works for the VNs you see on this website, they add a scene after another and a trigger for them. Do you think the devs re-render the entire game every time a new release comes out?

You can add an isolate scene and only work on that, no need to remake whats already done besides rewrite some dialogues and triggers for that scene.

For example, when she asked the MC if he has a girlfriend you could add a trigger for a sex scene right there if you say no then at the end you keep the game rolling as it normally would, an isolated new scene and you'd need to work on this scene renders only.

Now if someone is going to do it another story, I just said its an interesting possibility seeing how many people would like for that to happen.

I understand what you are saying but I see the issue. You are thinking of the development and implications of such a thing, Im thinking of just a custom scene, one of for the sake of appleasing the crowd. It could end with he saying 'this is the only time we are doing it' and thats it. You'd code one scene with a few renders and forget about it, they would 'act' as if nothing happened after and nobody would find out (because camon, the MC is already fucking half dozen girls and nobody knows, nobody would even think of him fucking his sister).

About the update, Im sad that I got to play everything again but it went too fast (as I skipped a lot of text ofc) and now I have to wait for the next update for more Jade content ._.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Someone would have to get all the character models and render every .. single .. scene themselves. Then redo the story to fit.

Basically they would have to remake the entire game.
Well, not the entire game, but it's clearly a lot of works.
Firstly for the CG part (which is the easiest) :
  • Find the exact models used ;
  • Do the exact same tweaks that the author (if I remember right, he used the original model as it) ;
  • Find the exact assets used for the rooms and clothes ;
  • Build the scenes ;
  • render them at the same level of quality (else it will look bad and feel odd).

Secondly for the Ren'py part :
  • Write the scenes ;
  • Add variables to track the progression of the relation with the character independently of the ones used by the original game ;
  • Insert the branching to the added scenes in such way that it will not break the natural flow of the game.
And all this in such way that it will not break the save compatibility ; so you can't add labels, either Ren'py will refuse to load if the game isn't still modded. And in a way that will not corrupt the save file ; so you can't use this much Python, either it's the same, Ren'py will refuse to load.

If you're able to do all this, and have the time to do it, you'll not lost your time modding the game, you'll write your own one...

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
You dont need to remake the entire game to add a scene or two, at all. Thats how an update works for the VNs you see on this website, they add a scene after another and a trigger for them.
Er... No, it's absolutely not how it works for Ren'py games, and they represent more or less half of the "VNs you see on this website".
Well, in fact it's how not it works for half of the other game engine used to make VNs.

You can add an isolate scene and only work on that, no need to remake whats already done besides rewrite some dialogues and triggers for that scene.
Yes, you can add an isolated scene, you can even do it without editing the original code. I've even changed the behavior of a game without editing a single line of the original code.
BUT NO, it's far to be as easy as you want to make it seem. To effectively add a scene, you'll need to branch from the original code, then branch back to it ; right after your branching to the added scene, so you'll have to split in two scene where you came from.
You'll also need to totally block the possibility to save during this added scene if you want to keep the compatibility with the unmodded game.
And to do all this, editing the original code is the fastest and easiest way (few minutes of works, against at least a full day if you don't want to edit it).

For example, when she asked the MC if he has a girlfriend you could add a trigger [...]
Great idea... Firstly you write your own trigger system, then you rewrite the whole game, for it to now works with the said trigger system. And now you're fine, you'll be able to add all the scenes you want without rewriting the whole game.
Wait... There's a problem here, no ?

You'd code one scene with a few renders and forget about it,
What's the interest to write one scene that will be usable only in one update of the game ?
The reality is: You write only one scene, then you add it in every single new update of the game...

Such works for just a single scene to please you.

Usually I don't say things like this, but I'll make an exception because you're way to annoying and you'll clearly never stop before someone with enough background say it out loud :

Please, stop talking about subjects you know absolutely nothing about, thanks !
Because yes, you clearly know absolutely nothing about Ren'py. Else you wouldn't pass your time talking about triggers for a game engine that absolutely don't use triggers and isn't event based.
I'm not even sure that you know something about coding, because a quick look at the code of a Ren'py game is enough, for a coder, to understand that it don't works like you think.

All you do is polluting the thread with a purely useless discussion where you say bullshit and start to be harsh with people like Avaron1974 who, despite the fact that she don't mod, already know more than you on the subject.

Edit: obvious typo.

Apr 16, 2019
I never said it would be a day's worth of work, but yeah, I know its possible and thats all that matters. I mean, thats exactly how it works on updates, you get whats done and add on top of it, you dont remake everything every time. I know enough to know the steps needed, just didnt feel like explaining it for just an idea thrown out randomly.

Now, theres only one thing Id like to point out:
What's the interest to write one scene that will be usable only in one update of the game ?
If you do it for the final version of the game it should be enough. Game's not done? Well, do it for the current one to test it out. If it works, great, when/if the game is finished you might put up the mod out for others to use.

You guys are making such a fuzz about it, chill. Im really sorry if I offended anyone, it was not my intention.

And to be fair your guy's posts polluted way more than mine, Ive already asked for the topic to be dropped.

Last edited:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I never said it would be a day's worth of work, but yeah, I know its possible and thats all that matters. I mean, thats exactly how it works on updates, you get whats done and add on top of it, you dont remake everything every time. I know enough to know the steps needed, just didnt feel like explaining it for just an idea thrown out randomly.

Now, theres only one thing Id like to point out:

If you do it for the final version of the game it should be enough. Game's not done? Well, do it for the current one to test it out. If it works, great, when/if the game is finished you might put up the mod out for others to use.

You guys are making such a fuzz about it, chill. Im really sorry if I offended anyone, it was not my intention.

And to be fair your guy's posts polluted way more than mine, Ive already asked for the topic to be dropped.
Go on then, get it done, we'll wait. :)

Apr 16, 2019
Go on then, get it done, we'll wait. :)
Being honest, its not the first time I think about this idea, of adding a personal touch to a game.

Ever since I started playing VNs it kinda picked my interest, tho I admit that if I had a machine capable of doing such Id probably be working on game of my own. Sad but mine sucks, hard. You'd feel sorry for me if I gave my specs out. But upgrading my rig is on my priority list, just need a better job to have the spare money, those things are surprisingly expensive here.

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
The thing is, aside from a couple of very loud voices that like to spam the thread, no one cares about Julia and certainly not enough to make a mod about her that wouldn't look like shit (since most of the girl's fanarts look similar, not like the actual character) or wouldn't butcher the personality of her that Jet envisioned. Why can't we respect his game and his vision without forcing our fetishes into it?

And I don't know why everyone is so obsessed about her when there are other forgotten girls like Mary or Anna (kinda) that already showed an interest in MC sexually. Instead of asking for Julia's content that will never come, we should ask for those two.

Dec 30, 2018
I just want to say, thanks Mr Jet for a great, long, content-filled update and generally for your great game. It's really becoming one of my favourite games at all. I rarely struggle to pick my favourite girl in a game, but here that's almost impossible and that itself speaks a lot.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Adding a julia mod will break the original game. Let me explain the game parental love also has a addon mod but everytime you play the original game the savegame you have will be incompatible due to the mod missing. also the other way around. some games already do this but everytime the original game gets an update the mod also needs to be updated due to the new content being added with previous version was missing..

Not the mention: The much needed workload to add new content, The characters needs to be rendered the story also needs to reflect the game. dont forget if the games also has animations then the mod also needs to have this or else it will just feel weird.

All in all it is just too much work for so little gain.

Reactions: DrackDrap

SSJGOD

Nov 7, 2018
The thing is, aside from a couple of very loud voices that like to spam the thread, no one cares about Julia and certainly not enough to make a mod about her that wouldn't look like shit (since most of the girl's fanarts look similar, not like the actual character) or wouldn't butcher the personality of her that Jet envisioned. Why can't we respect his game and his vision without forcing our fetishes into it?

And I don't know why everyone is so obsessed about her when there are other forgotten girls like Mary or Anna (kinda) that already showed an interest in MC sexually. Instead of asking for Julia's content that will never come, we should ask for those two.

And here I was thinking I was the only one who didn't care about banging the sister. There are plenty of beautiful models in the game. Lisa, Anna, Jane, Emma, Selena, Rosa, Jade, Karen, Marie, Catherine, Nicole etc. I think they just want Incest but not us.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The game is generic and the name of the game is generic. We have to play it to see the wonderful art and plot of it.

First game versions even were like any supposed keith richads / kurt kobain son living the rock star life of their respective father where tropes like drop dead gorgeous MC meets bimbo / man eater bombshell / care free airess / wild model and they get it on, giving gamers the unrealistic hope of quick and easy adult fun that drops from the heavens.

Anyone can do their own spin off the story of ... what ever we never get to see in the life of any of our fave chars. Mods adding scenes from the perspective of penfold mole or scrappy or anika mods or DS sama can be as easy as teaming up with SFM creators turned devs right on this site ... there are a couple of those who need some fresh ideas and a good challenge in their gaming lives ...
Adding scenes as a mod might be as easy as building one 40 MB RPA with everything in it and queuing a permanent button in game where at the right moments in game gamers can click the button and play the scenes with certain chars that such proficient coders / artists can put together in a concert <wink wink> of a wonderful effort.

Separate RPA with add ins like this is the way mods usually got done for skyrim and even official updates used something similar to a master archive like "fun.rpa" that would get dropped in the game folder <they used installers for that , of course> and the wonderful coder would make a rpyc / rpy that would tie all the add ins seamlessly into the game.

There were a bunch of spin offs after mega games like BB or Ren'Py remakes from the fan base in the nearest past. BB still has a couple of modders adding content just for not letting the story die.

This game is still blossoming and there is no need of any legacy tremendously wonderful effort from the community to ... force the projected fantasy of some gamers over the vision of our great dev.

Again, this is not even close to reinventing the wheel ... but this game is going strong and there is no actual point or drive for this kind of collaboration to actually forfeit control away from the dev and might even alienate the dev.

Please enjoy this fantastic game as it was intended and live life to the fullest!

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019
And here I was thinking I was the only one who didn't care about banging the sister. There are plenty of beautiful models in the game. Lisa, Anna, Jane, Emma, Selena, Rosa, Jade, Karen, Marie, Catherine, Nicole etc. I think they just want Incest but not us.
Im ansiously waiting for some Catherine action myself tbh. Current update gave two hints for how the approach might happen (through Rosa or from the bar, the footage), I can hardly wait to see what Mr Jet has planner for her, her kinks and all.

4.20 star(s) 240 Votes