Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
That happened with me the first time I downloaded the game. I was curious about the future relationship with the blonde shy girl on the game banner(that I don't even remember the name anymore). And then she died.
She didn't die she was removed from the story. Her part was just to play a bridge, go home with Lisa if you wanted to start her route or go with the blonde if you were on one of the other routes.

That was all she was intended for.

Like we've all said, from day 1 there have only ever been a few love interests. The dev has said that was never going to change so trying to get with side girls was never going to work.

Yuura

Feb 23, 2019
She didn't die she was removed from the story. Her part was just to play a bridge, go home with Lisa if you wanted to start her route or go with the blonde if you were on one of the other routes.

That was all she was intended for.

Like we've all said, from day 1 there have only ever been a few love interests. The dev has said that was never going to change so trying to get with side girls was never going to work.
That's not what it seemed at the time. It seemed that she was clearly a route that you had to choose from there, since the other option was a band member(someone that would still be in the story even without the relationship). If I knew that blondie wasn't an option for the future, choosing her would be stupid and pointless. And after some updates, I found out that's exactly it.

So, we were supposed to do some guesswork(or search the dev for the information that's supposed to be in the VN)? Because the story never made it clear this thing about side girls, or else this topic wouldn't have people complaining about this "side girls" thing.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
That's not what it seemed at the time. It seemed that she was clearly a route that you had to choose from there, since the other option was a band member(someone that would still be in the story even without the relationship). If I knew that blondie wasn't an option for the future, choosing her would be stupid and pointless. And after some updates, I found out that's exactly it.

So, we were supposed to do some guesswork(or search the dev for the information that's supposed to be in the VN)? Because the story never made it clear this thing about side girls, or else this topic wouldn't have people complaining about this "side girls" thing.
People are complaining because they paid no attention.

The dev said quite a few times what the routes were, the game made it clear who the main girls are, they were the ones trying to start a relationship.

Not 1 single side girl tries to start a relationship ... even Emma only asks for sex.

There were only ever 4 routes to start with that got changed a bit later to 5 when Jade and Lisa got paired to make another. That was always the case, that never changed.

Rosa made it damn clear she was only looking for sex, even dropped hints she was fucking other people. Clearly said after the divorce she was not getting into another relationship. She only fucks the MC for a bit of excitement because Selina likes him. Cath only agrees to a fuck if you dump Anna, that is all, nothing more. Nicole clearly states it's one night stand and the blonde plays no part in the story and has no connection to anyone outside of being coffee girl.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
People are complaining because they paid no attention.

The dev said quite a few times what the routes were, the game made it clear who the main girls are, they were the ones trying to start a relationship.

Not 1 single side girl tries to start a relationship ... even Emma only asks for sex.

There were only ever 4 routes to start with that got changed a bit later to 5 when Jade and Lisa got paired to make another. That was always the case, that never changed.

Rosa made it damn clear she was only looking for sex, even dropped hints she was fucking other people. Clearly said after the divorce she was not getting into another relationship. She only fucks the MC for a bit of excitement because Selina likes him. Cath only agrees to a fuck if you dump Anna, that is all, nothing more. Nicole clearly states it's one night stand and the blonde plays no part in the story and has no connection to anyone outside of being coffee girl.
i'm to poor to pay attention :ROFLMAO:

derdiedas1

Aug 12, 2017
Ok I'm really struggling to put this into words accordingly so please don't take my words literally and try to understand what I'm trying to say. I really like Become A Rockstar and I'm not hating on the game or the dev. I just want to share my thoughts and give honest feedback. :)

So, if you get caught cheating and you don't instantly regret every decision in your life and reload, but instead continue playing, the game feels really weird. I don't want to say that I didn't feel bad about cheating, it's the opposite. Selina is one my favorite characters and it broke my heart too, but I felt like I fucked up and deserved getting dumped for acting like a jerk (even though I do of course have a Selina only save, I still felt like I should own up to what I did in the "manwhore" playthrough).

But everything just feels off in and after those scenes. Before getting caught the MC is portrayed as being seriously in love with the LI's, but his reaction to getting dumped sounds really half-assed and he's not showing any emotional attachment. After those scenes he literally doesn't waste a single thought on them, even though he just lost a person/people he loved. Even when you end up completely alone he isn't showing any sign of sadness or regret. And if you're also on the Lisa path after getting caught cheating you just spend the whole time with her like you would if you hadn't been cheating.

It's not about how the characters feel. It's about how the player is more comfortable playing.
For example, I'm sure that many of those who encountered the consequences will not want to continue playing the game on the same save file. Most likely they will start a clean route of the character they like (or delete the game, that can happen too xD).
In this comment MrJet already stated that he expects most people to reload and he's probably right with that, but I think it would be weird to end a path with an expectation to reload (which im not saying was his intention), but without adding a Game Over screen if the path is not actually an option (even though Game Overs are not optimal too, I would say that that's the most suitable solution in this case, because adding a whole cheater route to the game would take a lot of addional time and delay the game, although that route could still be really interesting by giving the MC the chance to get redemption if he actually decides for one girl and shows regret etc.)

Like I said this doesn't make this game bad, but I just feel like it's a storytelling mistake that seems to have been overlooked. And I mean this in every good way possible, I just want to help the dev to improve.

I'm really sorry for rambling and I hope this is understandable and helpful.
Thanks to anyone who actually read this :)

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
While you aren't wrong, it'd be much better if this is conveyed clearer in the game. Not everyone is able to keep up with news from dev outside the game (you are an exception because you're able to spend a lot of time here everyday, so you're much more up to date with news about every game you play).

And while you're also right that the main girls are the ones trying to start a relationship, the "trying to start a relationship" doesn't happen until much later into the game. So if someone just played the game, they wouldn't know who are the main girls and who are not. This is especially relevant to the post about Marie. At that early point in the game, the MC had more interaction with Marie than with main girls like Jane and Anna. Players would have zero idea that Marie ended up never showing up in the game anymore after the blowjob. But it's completely reasonable that players could expect the blowjob to be the beginning of their sexual relationship for it to become something more intimate as the game progresses.

In the end, the game can do a better job at making it clear on who the main/side girls are.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I understand your point of view and respect it, but I feel that Mr. Jet made this decision to leave the Side Girls aside so as not to lengthen the game and finish it as soon as possible to leave for his next project

Rosa leaves the door open, she never ends it, But hey, what can be done, is up to the developer and we have to accept it
View attachment 1044972 View attachment 1044973
Check his posts. This is not what happened.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Honestly, that was disappointing. Why too much time and renders wasted on rather uninteresting stuff.
Of course the hospital parts had to be in it, but this extensive? Why did we need to see Julia's vision/dream?
She's not even the main character, the whole part was just absolutely unnecessary.
I actually started skipping dialogue which is really rare when I like a game a lot.

Also, if you have just 2 or 3 updates a year, how can they be so small?
At least you should make sure that every love interest has enough content and this time all but Anna and the thruple was left wanting.

Edited to add: Apparently there is more content for the other LIs, that for some reason didn't trigger at all in my playthroughs.
Which does kind of feel weird since I have one for each of the LIs and one where the MC never commits to just one.
I'll look into it, if I can trigger the scenes or use a provided save game and then my opinion will probably be different.
I mean, tbh you can't expect me to take scenes into account that were bugged in my saves, even though I stayed true to just the one LI in each of them.

Last edited:

Qoo-Rilla

Jun 14, 2018
A classic example of how to make a hell of a good game disgusting and shitty. Even one that starts to get annoying when you even started this game. I started pressing the CTRL button after my first ex when I knew all of these were going to hell. And I wasn’t wrong because the game could have ended that place. The game makers left a strong shit of taste in my mouth. I usually play all the paths in the game, but if I had only played one path in this game, it would have already ruined the game so it had to be ruined at the very end this way. Two words FUCK YOU. If the game continues on all paths, then it’s saved and all the girls want it back in my armpit, then maybe I’ll change my mind, but otherwise let the shit be.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
is that the same for 64 bit as ive had 4-5 games i love that now i cant play at all
is what?

If the game continues on all paths, then it’s saved and all the girls want it back in my armpit, then maybe I’ll change my mind, but otherwise let the shit be.
sayonara, don't let door hit you when you storm out. no harem.

Yuura

Feb 23, 2019
While you aren't wrong, it'd be much better if this is conveyed clearer in the game. Not everyone is able to keep up with news from dev outside the game (you are an exception because you're able to spend a lot of time here everyday, so you're much more up to date with news about every game you play).

And while you're also right that the main girls are the ones trying to start a relationship, the "trying to start a relationship" doesn't happen until much later into the game. So if someone just played the game, they wouldn't know who are the main girls and who are not. This is especially relevant to the post about Marie. At that early point in the game, the MC had more interaction with Marie than with main girls like Jane and Anna. Players would have zero idea that Marie ended up never showing up in the game anymore after the blowjob. But it's completely reasonable that players could expect the blowjob to be the beginning of their sexual relationship for it to become something more intimate as the game progresses.

In the end, the game can do a better job at making it clear on who the main/side girls are.
Took the words out of my mouth. That's exactly what I meant before.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is the other part where the game could have more clarity when it comes to side/main girls. While the intention is fine, the dev's decision to make the side girls "high quality" (given name, unique look, multiple interactions, part of the storyline, etc which makes them feel not like just throwaway characters) somewhat backfired because they felt like they are just as important as the main girls. In fact, someone like Nicole could arguably be considered to be more relevant to the storyline than someone like Selina and Anna.

Reactions: wh1ter0se

ANUBIS969

Dec 9, 2017
you can say what you want, but i just feel i n love with Selina. God why i cant have a girlfriend like her. So cute, adorabele, caring, super sexy and kinda dirty haha.

Reactions: wh1ter0se

wh1ter0se

Aug 8, 2018
Now that the game is inching to the finish line, and that I've played all the routes, I feel conflicted on whether I like or dislike this game. It feels like it's one of those games where there's good, but also disappointment.

As with most adult games I play, the two key factors of the game for me are the story and the characters (i.e.: the relationship with the MC). So let's start with the story first. What is the story of this game? Obviously it's about becoming a rock star. We get this by having MC starting with Jacob, then recruiting Lisa and later on Jade to finally form the band, then followed up with a few gigs at clubs (and presumably making it big after catching the eye of a more established band). There's nothing wrong per se with it. We got the introduction, the main, the conclusion. But it's disappointing that the plot feels like it's just there. There is an attempt to create conflict by adding the bad guys (the other band), but the plot for the conflict was reasonably weak, and the climax (bang bang shot) felt forced.

To be fair, sometimes weird things like that are actually realistic that it happens IRL where some conflict just escalated out of nowhere for no good reason. But for for the purpose of telling a story in a video game, it just felt flat.

So what about the characters? Similar to the story, there's nothing really wrong per se, but they didn't feel quite right. Each character is well written. Each character has their own (mini) plot and characteristics that they looked great individually. As in, if each of them have their own Tinder profile, we'd be looking at multiple unique characters between them. Lisa is different than Selina who is different than Jane who is not the same as Anna, etc.

However, I feel like all that effort into creating unique characters is somewhat wasted with the lacklustre portrayal of their relationships with the MC. Unlike the band storyline where there's intro, main, and conclusion, the relationships skipped the introduction. There's no build up to the relationship. Every girl would start liking the MC from the get go that it felt really weird. Other than Selina who had an ok explanation as to why they met how they met, everyone else's felt a bit cheap.
  1. You just got hired to work at the club, so you peeked at your boss' boss masturbating, then you got caught peeking by your boss, and suddenly you just kissed her?
  2. Your sister's best friend suddenly just ok with you peeking up her skirt, then followed up with taking off her shirt for a massage, and next time around yeah fine she'd show you her tits.
  3. Your ex girlfriend just randomly showed up and stayed at your place. Not just that, randomly giving blowjob while you're asleep too.
  4. Your band's vocalist just joined the band not too long ago. Suddenly let's go skinny dipping at the beach, and sure let's fuck outdoors too.
  5. If you didn't go with your band's vocalist, hey you get a blowjob from the coffee shop girl too!
And so on with pretty much every girl in the game (except Julia, and there's still chance for Karen, right?). Maybe it's just me, but the relationships just don't feel satisfying.

Overall, I still think the game is good, but it's probably one near the top (if not the top itself) for the game with the biggest missed opportunity. I feel like this is currently a 7 out of 10 game that could've been 11 out of 10.

Ok I'm really struggling to put this into words accordingly so please don't take my words literally and try to understand what I'm trying to say. I really like Become A Rockstar and I'm not hating on the game or the dev. I just want to share my thoughts and give honest feedback. :)

So, if you get caught cheating and you don't instantly regret every decision in your life and reload, but instead continue playing, the game feels really weird. I don't want to say that I didn't feel bad about cheating, it's the opposite. Selina is one my favorite characters and it broke my heart too, but I felt like I fucked up and deserved getting dumped for acting like a jerk (even though I do of course have a Selina only save, I still felt like I should own up to what I did in the "manwhore" playthrough).

But everything just feels off in and after those scenes. Before getting caught the MC is portrayed as being seriously in love with the LI's, but his reaction to getting dumped sounds really half-assed and he's not showing any emotional attachment. After those scenes he literally doesn't waste a single thought on them, even though he just lost a person/people he loved. Even when you end up completely alone he isn't showing any sign of sadness or regret. And if you're also on the Lisa path after getting caught cheating you just spend the whole time with her like you would if you hadn't been cheating.

In this comment MrJet already stated that he expects most people to reload and he's probably right with that, but I think it would be weird to end a path with an expectation to reload (which im not saying was his intention), but without adding a Game Over screen if the path is not actually an option (even though Game Overs are not optimal too, I would say that that's the most suitable solution in this case, because adding a whole cheater route to the game would take a lot of addional time and delay the game, although that route could still be really interesting by giving the MC the chance to get redemption if he actually decides for one girl and shows regret etc.)

Like I said this doesn't make this game bad, but I just feel like it's a storytelling mistake that seems to have been overlooked. And I mean this in every good way possible, I just want to help the dev to improve.

I'm really sorry for rambling and I hope this is understandable and helpful.
Thanks to anyone who actually read this :)
I vibe y’all. Honest and constructive criticism. Perhaps if the side girls had less scenes maybe it would’ve been more obvious who the main girls are. Despite being Jet’s first game it’s pre good imo hence my Patreon sub. But yeah I do hope he gets a clear view of his next story from start to roughly the end. It’ll make his production much quicker and the development of the story would be much smoother along with the characters. And also this is what I meant of why Selina is way up there for me compared to the other 3 LIs. There’s an explanation to her relationship development with the MC as oppose to the others which kinda felt bland. Possibly getting someone an insight or proofread of the story might help. As for the people who still complain, I’d advise actually reading cause there’s quite a few instances where they said that it was just a fling (corrected from previous updates to make it clearer that some are indeed side girls).

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
I went into this game playing the manwhore even though there wasn't a harem tag, and there was no planned harem tag coming, because I wanted to see what happened when shit hit the fan.

I was not disappointed. The girls dump your ass. As they should, when you're cheating on them.

There are already so many routes in this game because the dev wanted to give players a choice. That's a good thing, people!

Which LI do you like most? Focus on them and don't start up relationships with other girls! Want to see the content with the other girls? Start a new game and skip previously read content. Don't like any of the girls? Stay single and have some random encounters!

It boggles the mind that this Dev has done what most players want (give choices) and the last few pages of the thread are blasting him for it.

Is the side girl you like not a valid LI? Reading is essential! It's actually clear from the story that they aren't in it for the long haul.

Upset that your MC got caught cheating? Flip the script and see how you as a player would react if you found out the LI was having another relationship that you knew nothing about!

At the end of the day, all these posts sound like really entitled players who want to eat their cake and have it, too.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
How do I access Anna route? I don't get any option to talk to her after working at the bar. I was able to do it before but started a new playthrough and there is no option to talk to her.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 239 Votes