indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
sao still no updates?? it's nearly an year now...abandoned?? some games get abandoned tag for less no updates time release...this one is nearly a year but still no tag..why?

Reactions: BorgiaBou

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
sao still no updates?? it's nearly an year now...abandoned?? some games get abandoned tag for less no updates time release...this one is nearly a year but still no tag..why?
Because the dev has been sharing info about the development and, even though the update is not ready yet, that's enough to not get the abandoned tag according to the site's rules. Other devs just go totally radio silent and their games get the tag after a few months.

It pays off to take a look at the rules before asking this kind of questions

Bavor

Aug 11, 2020
The dev has been sharing updates and previews of their progress. Also, its the biggest game update that was ever released for this game and the final update for the game. As others have said, as the updates get bigger in this game, the time between updates is longer.

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
Actually, if you look at the changelogs in the OP, you'll see why the development began to take longer. As I said above, it became more complex.

.2 = 300 renders, 3 animations
.25 = 271 renders, 3 animations
.3 = 232 renders, 4 animations
.35 = 345 renders, 16 animations
.40 = 450 renders, 13 animations
.45 = 713 renders, 16 animations
.50 = 782 renders, 32 animations
.55 = 717 renders, 58 animations
.60 = 703 renders, 47 animations
.70 = 632 renders, 39 animations
.80 = 1194 renders, 51 animations
.90 = 1063 renders, 51 animations

So, that is your explanation. MrJet didn't "slow down" development. He started making more renders, and especially animations. This final update is the same as 2-3 normal updates. Which is why it is taking so long.

See above.
Look all this back and forth argueing is useless. It all could be avoided if the Dev would make some kind of statement for why it is delayed. Communication is the key. Maybe he/she can't but if he/she can would ease some peoples complaining.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
A small summary of the update drama:

Dev in July:
I will make the update before the end of summer. (I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in the very last days of August). It's a promise to you, it's a promise to myself.

Dev in August:
[...]But a September release looks more than realistic, even under the worst of circumstances.
It was his last post here btw: https://f95zone.to/threads/become-a-rock-star-v0-90-mr-jet.17836/post-8834801

Dev in September:
Now my goal is the end of September (not counting proofreading). Will I make it? No idea. Purely hypothetically, it's very possible, but I learned a long time ago that my planning is terrible. Still, I'm going to try my best. [...] So, taking the proofreading into account, a release in September is hardly possible. More like early October?

Dev in October:
The end of September was very stressful, and I didn't get a chance to work. [...] Only in the first days of October, things slowly began to come back to normal, and I started working again. For the rest, everything is more or less the same. Still working on the text. Still trying to make it as soon as possible.

Dev in November?
coming soon!

No criticism, just a statement based on the quotes!

Last edited:

Macahan

Sep 29, 2017
A small summary of the update drama:

Dev in July:
I will make the update before the end of summer. (I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in the very last days of August). It's a promise to you, it's a promise to myself.

Dev in August:
[...]But a September release looks more than realistic, even under the worst of circumstances.
It was his last post here btw: https://f95zone.to/threads/become-a-rock-star-v0-90-mr-jet.17836/post-8834801

Dev in September:
Now my goal is the end of September (not counting proofreading). Will I make it? No idea. Purely hypothetically, it's very possible, but I learned a long time ago that my planning is terrible. Still, I'm going to try my best. [...] So, taking the proofreading into account, a release in September is hardly possible. More like early October?

Dev in October:
The end of September was very stressful, and I didn't get a chance to work. [...] Only in the first days of October, things slowly began to come back to normal, and I started working again. For the rest, everything is more or less the same. Still working on the text. Still trying to make it as soon as possible.

Dev in November?
coming soon!

well his full of shit then.

MrJet

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
If you look at my December 2021 posts, I kind of even planned to do a release before the end of the year. So yeah. My planning skills are total shit. And I have no one to blame but myself. That's why I started pausing my Patreon. And that's why I won't start charging until I provide the actual release. TBH, for the last month, it's uncomfortable to even look into this thread. Mostly because I can get a big dose of very well-deserved hate. But that's okay, I can handle it.

I think everyone can see that my productivity has dropped. It is what it is. But development is still in progress. The project will be completed. And hopefully soon enough.

Well i bet he wont release in november bcs of no nut thing but how many renders should i expect?
I already said it's not about the renders. They were ready like two months ago. It's all about the text. I know I'm a pretty lame writer, but even this level requires a lot of effort on my part. This is the part of development that's slowing me down right now.

4.20 star(s) 239 Votes