Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
I would like to add that the scat portion of BtD can be turned off quite easily in the Control Room (just click the poop emoji screen, for those that don't know that). So I see no harm in it being there since you can easily turn it off. Me for example, I don't care for scat, but it doesn't bother me at all that it's in BtD since I can switch it off. So I see no reason why anybody would complain about it being in the game.

Also, I would like to make a point of the fact that the game is what it is. If you like it, fine. If you don't, that's fine too, and very valid to ask for content or changes that would make it more palatable to your tastes. But the dev has no obligation to honor those requests. It's his creation, and he can do with it what he wants. If you like it, go for it. If you don't and he doesn't want to cater to what you want, then move on. But I see no point in getting angry at him because he's not doing what you want him to do. If you'd rather it was done differently, then do it yourself so you can tailor it to your liking, or go look for something else more appropriate to your personal kinks.

Bashing on someone who did something because it was not what you wanted is to me preposterous. Nobody would ever do anything, since nobody can make everybody happy.

Also, please no kink-shaming. Everyone likes what they like. Some things in there work for me and some don't. I don't bash on people who like the parts of the game I don't, or on the dev for putting it there. It's his work, I can take it or leave it, but he has to obligation to cater to me.

Being into a more popular fetish doesn't necessarily give the moral high ground to shit on other fetishes.
(emphasis mine)
I see what you did there. :sneaky:

Reactions: reynold.biplane
Dec 11, 2018
I would like to add that the scat portion of BtD can be turned off quite easily in the Control Room (just click the poop emoji screen, for those that don't know that). So I see no harm in it being there since you can easily turn it off. Me for example, I don't care for scat, but it doesn't bother me at all that it's in BtD since I can switch it off. So I see no reason why anybody would complain about it being in the game.

Also, I would like to make a point of the fact that the game is what it is. If you like it, fine. If you don't, that's fine too, and very valid to ask for content or changes that would make it more palatable to your tastes. But the dev has no obligation to honor those requests. It's his creation, and he can do with it what he wants. If you like it, go for it. If you don't and he doesn't want to cater to what you want, then move on. But I see no point in getting angry at him because he's not doing what you want him to do. If you'd rather it was done differently, then do it yourself so you can tailor it to your liking, or go look for something else more appropriate to your personal kinks.

Bashing on someone who did something because it was not what you wanted is to me preposterous. Nobody would ever do anything, since nobody can make everybody happy.

Also, please no kink-shaming. Everyone likes what they like. Some things in there work for me and some don't. I don't bash on people who like the parts of the game I don't, or on the dev for putting it there. It's his work, I can take it or leave it, but he has to obligation to cater to me.

(emphasis mine)
I see what you did there. :sneaky:
To be fair to the other side, this debate wasn't just about lobbying for one fetish and bashing the other. The origin of the resentment from much of the incest loving crowd towards David, is that he created incest content in the beginning but stopped, when he thought it was getting too far. But then he kept making more every now and then, because his patrons kept asking him for it.
The way I see it, like many other artists, David is fickle about what he creates and he is probably thinking, that he's doing his audience a favour, when he fulfills the requests for more incest.

But there are other ways to interpret his behaviour. There is the financial interest angle: David created incest content in the beginning, a very trending fetish at the time, in order to quickly garner a large audience and then only made barely enough of that content in order to retain that crowd. I don't think that's the case. I mean, I don't think it was premeditated. But it very well may have influenced him.

And then there are those, who believe David is motivated by malice. He teases his audience with the good stuff but then trolls them with shit. Just to be a dick. That is utterly delusional and it reeks of self-importance.

Reactions: Finuee

blissless

Dec 30, 2018
I've seen some of the twitter and subscribestar posts, is he going to replace his cg with AI cg? I love his art, but his AI art is one of the few that looks good... so does anyone have any info about that?

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
So what was it that officially got him kicked of patreon? What its the scat, incest or minor characters? I've kinda been popping in every now and again to see when it'd finally happen. This guys art is beautiful, but honestly patreon should have kicked his ass off after the update where Paul molests his little sister. Shit was straight fucked up and came out of nowhere. Like they even say she's a minor and you bribe her with candy. Honestly, it shouldn't even be on THIS site with that kind of content in it.

Reactions: ronnyyellow
Dec 11, 2018
I've seen some of the twitter and subscribestar posts, is he going to replace his cg with AI cg? I love his art, but his AI art is one of the few that looks good... so does anyone have any info about that?
He's not going to replace his own art with AI art. He's merely interested in the development of that stuff and likes to mess around with it and sometimes shares the results. So far he has integrated AI art into his work in very minor ways. To my knowledge, some of the backgrounds for Horror in Hongdae were generated by AI and then completely painted over by him. So basically he's using it as a time-saving measure. Just another tool in the toolbox. I don't think anyone could object to that. (Except maybe the guy he hired to draw backgrounds for him. Dunno if he is still part of the team)

So what was it that officially got him kicked of patreon? What its the scat, incest or minor characters? I've kinda been popping in every now and again to see when it'd finally happen. This guys art is beautiful, but honestly patreon should have kicked his ass off after the update where Paul molests his little sister. Shit was straight fucked up and came out of nowhere. Like they even say she's a minor and you bribe her with candy. Honestly, it shouldn't even be on THIS site with that kind of content in it.
He wasn't notified of the reason, so we are left to speculate. It could be any of the things you mentioned or all of it. I can't imagine it being anything else. I myself have been wondering for quite a while, how he has gotten away with his content for such a long time. Other creators create "3rd party" patches to get around the rules or use coded language ("landlady"). He hasn't done any such thing. And he didn't even start publishing the banworthy stuff only on other sites until he decided, that he wanted to do a lot more Alia content. My guess is, that he managed to fly below the radar because he is a relatively small creator and BtD is not immediately recognizable as a game containing incest and loli. You would have to actually play it to find out or look at the creator's output on other sites. And for the longest time, Patreon didn't do that. Apperantly now they do. Or maybe they only start looking into creators, once they receive enough tip-offs.

Btw, loli is in a grey area on F95. There is no clear guideline on how to handle it. 2D loli tends to be allowed. According to forum rule 7.
Also, I don't think that the depiction of Alia in BtD was a surprise to anyone familiar with the book sequels. Also not a surprise to people familiar with Balsa's art outside of the games. He has done loli before.

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
He's not going to replace his own art with AI art. He's merely interested in the development of that stuff and likes to mess around with it and sometimes shares the results. So far he has integrated AI art into his work in very minor ways. To my knowledge, some of the backgrounds for Horror in Hongdae were generated by AI and then completely painted over by him. So basically he's using it as a time-saving measure. Just another tool in the toolbox. I don't think anyone could object to that. (Except maybe the guy he hired to draw backgrounds for him. Dunno if he is still part of the team)

He wasn't notified of the reason, so we are left to speculate. It could be any of the things you mentioned or all of it. I can't imagine it being anything else. I myself have been wondering for quite a while, how he has gotten away with his content for such a long time. Other creators create "3rd party" patches to get around the rules or use coded language ("landlady"). He hasn't done any such thing. And he didn't even start publishing the banworthy stuff only on other sites until he decided, that he wanted to do a lot more Alia content. My guess is, that he managed to fly below the radar because he is a relatively small creator and BtD is not immediately recognizable as a game containing incest and loli. You would have to actually play it to find out or look at the creator's output on other sites. And for the longest time, Patreon didn't do that. Apperantly now they do. Or maybe they only start looking into creators, once they receive enough tip-offs.

Btw, loli is in a grey area on F95. There is no clear guideline on how to handle it. 2D loli tends to be allowed. According to forum rule 7.
Also, I don't think that the depiction of Alia in BtD was a surprise to anyone familiar with the book sequels. Also not a surprise to people familiar with Balsa's art outside of the games. He has done loli before.
Yeah, the surprise was at least partially my own fault for not looking into the creator first and I know loli is generally a grey area and I generally agree with that, but the way BTD did it just rubbed me the wrong way. I've put up with some loli and shota for good art before. Its something I can usually begrudgingly ignore if the art is good enough, but the dialogue and the candy, man, that shit got to me. Most games try to hide the fact that the characters are underage. You know, the old "short for their age" excuse. This game just comes out and says it. At least in the version I played anyway. I otherwise enjoyed the game as a whole, the gameplay was clunky and things could get a little freaky for my tastes, but the art made up for it. Then BAM minor character in the game's final stretch. Nothing like that in the game before. The openness and the out of nowhere nature of the scenes are why I consider BTD to be particularly egregious in its loli content, even in the greater context of f95.

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
Yeah, the surprise was at least partially my own fault for not looking into the creator first and I know loli is generally a grey area and I generally agree with that, but the way BTD did it just rubbed me the wrong way. I've put up with some loli and shota for good art before. Its something I can usually begrudgingly ignore if the art is good enough, but the dialogue and the candy, man, that shit got to me. Most games try to hide the fact that the characters are underage. You know, the old "short for their age" excuse. This game just comes out and says it. At least in the version I played anyway. I otherwise enjoyed the game as a whole, the gameplay was clunky and things could get a little freaky for my tastes, but the art made up for it. Then BAM minor character in the game's final stretch. Nothing like that in the game before. The openness and the out of nowhere nature of the scenes are why I consider BTD to be particularly egregious in its loli content, even in the greater context of f95.
It should be noted, though, that the Alia character is in the original novels. And it's explicitly explained both there and in the game that her mind is aged with the genetic experience of her ancestors, so she's mentally an adult even when a newborn. That's actually what makes her an abomination in the eyes of the Bene Gesserit, and fully canon in the original novels. Not defending loli content in general, just stating the facts with regards to the character.

Reactions: CUNTBLAZER420

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
It should be noted, though, that the Alia character is in the original novels. And it's explicitly explained both there and in the game that her mind is aged with the genetic experience of her ancestors, so she's mentally an adult even when a newborn. That's actually what makes her an abomination in the eyes of the Bene Gesserit, and fully canon in the original novels. Not defending loli content in general, just stating the facts with regards to the character.
I was aware she was in the books and mentally an adult in the them, however I didn't feel the need to make note of it. I don't really think it effects my argument against the content. He literally could have just said she was 18 and I would've given it a pass because the art is nice. Even if it makes no goddamn sense.

Reactions: Finuee

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
I was aware she was in the books and mentally an adult in the them, however I didn't feel the need to make note of it. I don't really think it effects my argument against the content. He literally could have just said she was 18 and I would've given it a pass because the art is nice. Even if it makes no goddamn sense.
Your argument against the content is fully sensible. Was just making a note of that fact, in case you (or somebody else reading the thread) didn't know.

Reactions: CUNTBLAZER420
Dec 11, 2018
[Completed?] Nope! New update!
2.35.9 is out on balsagames.com

We all expected this sooner or later. But don't get too excited. It's a mini-update. Too small to even get an in-game changelog.

" For your information, I did a very stealth/short udpate on Behind The Dune . I added an uncensored version of that draw, in Duncan's camera, and corrected minor bugs. (Full draw here : ) It's unlocked with the Loli Of The Ring quest or by cheating. "

AliaMPtt.jpg

David gets yeeted from Patreon and promptly creates more loli content.(y)

Chipote

Aug 31, 2017

We all expected this sooner or later. But don't get too excited. It's a mini-update. Too small to even get an in-game changelog.

" For your information, I did a very stealth/short udpate on Behind The Dune . I added an uncensored version of that draw, in Duncan's camera, and corrected minor bugs. (Full draw here : ) It's unlocked with the Loli Of The Ring quest or by cheating. "

View attachment 2790634

I'm still waiting for a blowjob scene from Alia

Jan 3, 2021

View attachment 2790634

Anybody got the swf file for this version?

4.40 star(s) 98 Votes