SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
What I was looking for is advice on starting. I haven't done anything like map making etc. since I last played age of myt ology, which was ages ago.
I have drawn up a broad map of the zones(and some general ideas of their appearance. For an example. this is the crystal area with clear lakes, gem deposits and ore protruding from the ground and crystalline castles ruled by "evil wizards"). I want to create and how I want them to interconnect. (Doing a hub with different branches. But the hub is going to be like endgame). Issue is with figuring out the exact detail of what I want on the map.

The other part is writing/creating characters, factions, locations as they are going to be what I want to focus on more than an overarching story. I have broad ideas as I said. Might even throw an example later. But not specifics. And was trying to figure out the best way to hone in on a decent version of the abstract that I can be happy with and people will enjoy.

I ask you because I see you are an amateur games developer, I respect what you've achieved and I want to make a good start. Not on the programming front but on the creative on.(I can look at tutorials, fail to follow them, and cry in frustration while hating the world, myself and everything just fine lol. Used to it from modding.)

Anyway that's it.

Reactions: Mei Lien~

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
What I was looking for is advice on starting. I haven't done anything like map making etc. since I last played age of myt ology, which was ages ago.
I have drawn up a broad map of the zones(and some general ideas of their appearance. For an example. this is the crystal area with clear lakes, gem deposits and ore protruding from the ground and crystalline castles ruled by "evil wizards"). I want to create and how I want them to interconnect. (Doing a hub with different branches. But the hub is going to be like endgame). Issue is with figuring out the exact detail of what I want on the map.

The other part is writing/creating characters, factions, locations as they are going to be what I want to focus on more than an overarching story. I have broad ideas as I said. Might even throw an example later. But not specifics. And was trying to figure out the best way to hone in on a decent version of the abstract that I can be happy with and people will enjoy.

I ask you because I see you are an amateur games developer, I respect what you've achieved and I want to make a good start. Not on the programming front but on the creative on.(I can look at tutorials, fail to follow them, and cry in frustration while hating the world, myself and everything just fine lol. Used to it from modding.)

Anyway that's it.
I have to admit, it's a lot of fun to read both of your comments, and I'm in doubt: Do you really not like writing? Or just don't know if you want yet? Leaving that aside, you seem to have no problem with inspiration, and I must say, what more help to create things is to have an inspiration! My game is (or at least was meant to be) similar to the mechanics/story of games like Rance, Bunny Black, and Evenicle (If you never played, I highly recommend you to play!). The story follows according to what you are unlocking, as these classes you have are totally limited, and soon after, you will only be in a single class (which will change late) but you can also do other things, have your "freedom" to explore extra content, see hentai scenes, do shit like attacking places and even train your minions, is limited but when you get deeper, it becomes something vast! (Which I still intend to explore a lot) But games like Black Souls, it has a very "RPG Online theme", those in which you create your group, lead and conquer, in the end, it is a very fun style to play since you're able to decide who you want to kill/save, certainly brings a very cool and captivating proposal, I'm sure it would work if you try. Maps are not that complicated, you can google for "Maps, Hiddout Dark cult" for example, see aspects there, and then do it according to that graph, had skulls? Put some. Had flames? Put it too. In the end, I think it can work fine. Remembering that you can export maps to RPGM and you can also export tilesets, so try to see about it too (there are some easy tutorials on youtube about this, it is very simple.)
If there is something I think would be nice in an RPG like that one you mentioned, it is the option to build empires, but it takes time to craft maps, and as your problem is with the map itself, then it is kind of complicated. But I'm sure you will find a light at the end of the tunnel. About your comment regarding the game, thanks for playing, and it's good that you found it interesting. The flashes are from a plug-in, next update I will disable them, I was not particularly enjoying it so much tbh. I don't know if I could change Ritta now because I've done many H scenes with her, it would be a bit of work, but I'll save that for my next characters! :) I've never watched Overlord, it's an anime that I always wanted to see, but I always lacked interest too, I think I'll take a look later since I had even seen a recent game with the anime trilogy here on the site, I was curious to know how the anime is like. Well, I hope you can develop your project, if you want to talk later, I'm always online on discord at nights.

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
I have to admit, it's a lot of fun to read both of your comments, and I'm in doubt: Do you really not like writing? Or just don't know if you want yet? Leaving that aside, you seem to have no problem with inspiration, and I must say, what more help to create things is to have an inspiration! My game is (or at least was meant to be) similar to the mechanics/story of games like Rance, Bunny Black, and Evenicle (If you never played, I highly recommend you to play!). The story follows according to what you are unlocking, as these classes you have are totally limited, and soon after, you will only be in a single class (which will change late) but you can also do other things, have your "freedom" to explore extra content, see hentai scenes, do shit like attacking places and even train your minions, is limited but when you get deeper, it becomes something vast! (Which I still intend to explore a lot) But games like Black Souls, it has a very "RPG Online theme", those in which you create your group, lead and conquer, in the end, it is a very fun style to play since you're able to decide who you want to kill/save, certainly brings a very cool and captivating proposal, I'm sure it would work if you try. Maps are not that complicated, you can google for "Maps, Hiddout Dark cult" for example, see aspects there, and then do it according to that graph, had skulls? Put some. Had flames? Put it too. In the end, I think it can work fine. Remembering that you can export maps to RPGM and you can also export tilesets, so try to see about it too (there are some easy tutorials on youtube about this, it is very simple.)
If there is something I think would be nice in an RPG like that one you mentioned, it is the option to build empires, but it takes time to craft maps, and as your problem is with the map itself, then it is kind of complicated. But I'm sure you will find a light at the end of the tunnel. About your comment regarding the game, thanks for playing, and it's good that you found it interesting. The flashes are from a plug-in, next update I will disable them, I was not particularly enjoying it so much tbh. I don't know if I could change Ritta now because I've done many H scenes with her, it would be a bit of work, but I'll save that for my next characters! :) I've never watched Overlord, it's an anime that I always wanted to see, but I always lacked interest too, I think I'll take a look later since I had even seen a recent game with the anime trilogy here on the site, I was curious to know how the anime is like. Well, I hope you can develop your project, if you want to talk later, I'm always online on discord at nights.
Cool. Alright.
First I'll address your questions about overlord. It's an op protag harem isekai. Pretty much Sums it up lol.
But seriously, it's a dnd'esque dark lord power fantasy with slaves, city slaying and kingdom conquering. It's not super hardcore though, being an anime. (The LN's a bit more graphic.)
But yeah, the franchise is cool if you like watching the protagonist and his self proclaimed "kingdom" of darkness trampling all over the unfortunate world that they've been unleashed on. I really enjoy the scenes where the new worlders are lost to shock and awe at the protag and his subordinates as they demonstrate their godly power and simple lack of regard for everything(why can't more videogames let you do this?!). Sadly, I feel the anime didn't completely capture the atmosphere or do the scenes justice, but I still enjoyed it.

For ritta or your chars in general, it's probably fine. I guess my gripe is a personal one with your writing style, that scales characters strongly in favour of the idealistic, rather than the realistic, Which for me hurts the suspension of disbelief a little. it's not like it kills the experience, but I definitely gave it some eye rolls or chuckles at the absurdity sometimes.

Oh and I noticed another missing condition for an event. I talked to the npc who deals in dungeon passes on maou island(don't know it's name yet.), and he seemed to confuse me for some demon king. And just like the good sport I am, I played along with his little joke(didn't want to be rude). by throwing on a lovely white wig and playing the role of a demon lord, and he even rewarded me with a free pass. Thought I'd let you know.

And no, I haven't played any of those games yet, although I'll probably give them a look. I generally avoid the old h games, as I know most are linear VN's. Whereas I'm a pure RPG and Sandbox fan.

And yeah, I'm starting to see what you were saying about it opening up as you progress. It's reminding me a bit of renryuu:Ascension. with you happening into a seat of authority, granting you a whole bunch of options to play with. Although I'm not quite up to that yet.

For inspiration I basically just ripped out an old txt I had on my PC that I wrote when playing dark souls back in like 2013. I was originally going to turn it into a mod for skyrim, but got demotivated after struggling with lack of creation kit experience. So now I'm hoping to repurpose, flesh-out and re-write all the bad or boring bits and turn it into an acceptable game. No idea how I'm going to do the h stuff. But im definitely planning on adding slavery and mind control for example.
And yeah I was planning on all chars being recruitable for example, maybe a customizable map or maos(it'd be one dedicated for the base). Sadly it's not an easy thing to implement like good ol elder scrolls lol. I was going to add in different factions and organisations to join or oppose, maybe make like a cool worship system where you can take on powerful npcs as your patron saints for blessings and rewards. Or if you get powerful enough you could potentially have a bunch of little worshippers or even a player dedicated cult. You'd define what domains you govern for like different kinds of devout followers. Maybe start holy crusades against your enemies lol.

Anyway. Thankyou for the advice, I appreciate it. and I may join your server. Is it on the Op?

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
Cool. Alright.
First I'll address your questions about overlord. It's an op protag harem isekai. Pretty much Sums it up lol.
But seriously, it's a dnd'esque dark lord power fantasy with slaves, city slaying and kingdom conquering. It's not super hardcore though, being an anime. (The LN's a bit more graphic.)
But yeah, the franchise is cool if you like watching the protagonist and his self proclaimed "kingdom" of darkness trampling all over the unfortunate world that they've been unleashed on. I really enjoy the scenes where the new worlders are lost to shock and awe at the protag and his subordinates as they demonstrate their godly power and simple lack of regard for everything(why can't more videogames let you do this?!). Sadly, I feel the anime didn't completely capture the atmosphere or do the scenes justice, but I still enjoyed it.

For ritta or your chars in general, it's probably fine. I guess my gripe is a personal one with your writing style, that scales characters strongly in favour of the idealistic, rather than the realistic, Which for me hurts the suspension of disbelief a little. it's not like it kills the experience, but I definitely gave it some eye rolls or chuckles at the absurdity sometimes.

Oh and I noticed another missing condition for an event. I talked to the npc who deals in dungeon passes on maou island(don't know it's name yet.), and he seemed to confuse me for some demon king. And just like the good sport I am, I played along with his little joke(didn't want to be rude). by throwing on a lovely white wig and playing the role of a demon lord, and he even rewarded me with a free pass. Thought I'd let you know.

And no, I haven't played any of those games yet, although I'll probably give them a look. I generally avoid the old h games, as I know most are linear VN's. Whereas I'm a pure RPG and Sandbox fan.

And yeah, I'm starting to see what you were saying about it opening up as you progress. It's reminding me a bit of renryuu:Ascension. with you happening into a seat of authority, granting you a whole bunch of options to play with. Although I'm not quite up to that yet.

For inspiration I basically just ripped out an old txt I had on my PC that I wrote when playing dark souls back in like 2013. I was originally going to turn it into a mod for skyrim, but got demotivated after struggling with lack of creation kit experience. So now I'm hoping to repurpose, flesh-out and re-write all the bad or boring bits and turn it into an acceptable game. No idea how I'm going to do the h stuff. But im definitely planning on adding slavery and mind control for example.
And yeah I was planning on all chars being recruitable for example, maybe a customizable map or maos(it'd be one dedicated for the base). Sadly it's not an easy thing to implement like good ol elder scrolls lol. I was going to add in different factions and organisations to join or oppose, maybe make like a cool worship system where you can take on powerful npcs as your patron saints for blessings and rewards. Or if you get powerful enough you could potentially have a bunch of little worshippers or even a player dedicated cult. You'd define what domains you govern for like different kinds of devout followers. Maybe start holy crusades against your enemies lol.

Anyway. Thankyou for the advice, I appreciate it. and I may join your server. Is it on the Op?
Yeah, it's that discord there in the description. I'm going to find out about those conversations that you mentioned, it seemed to me that you were referring to the store at the "Demon's Village" where there are two masked monsters, one of them will give you the Demi-God pass and you can proceed with the game with it. This pass is unlocked after talking to Maou-sama and you perform the ascension, soon you become the "New Maou". Probably not a bug or anything, those guys know everything that happens in the demonic kingdom, but I think that was not very clear and had messed things up a bit, I'll rephrase the sentence in the next TextFix (Writing Rework).

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
Yeah, it's that discord there in the description. I'm going to find out about those conversations that you mentioned, it seemed to me that you were referring to the store at the "Demon's Village" where there are two masked monsters, one of them will give you the Demi-God pass and you can proceed with the game with it. This pass is unlocked after talking to Maou-sama and you perform the ascension, soon you become the "New Maou". Probably not a bug or anything, those guys know everything that happens in the demonic kingdom, but I think that was not very clear and had messed things up a bit, I'll rephrase the sentence in the next TextFix (Writing Rework).
my character also had blue-white hair during the convo. and yeah that's it.

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
I brought everyone to sky domain how come the hint doesn't update
I think you need to talk with Blacks, she will say some things about ADM and then you can start your Plan (I'd not added that in Hint because.. I think, really need it? You can guess you need a talk with Blacks and etc since you're counting on her.. but I'll add it late. Anyway if you have any doubts ask here I'll answer! :D)

my character also had blue-white hair during the convo. and yeah that's it.
Everything fine so xD.

Thestar123

Oct 4, 2017
I got the Witch Ev, but don't know what to do next. Where to find the mind reading skill in demon village? How to help Sarina? and is there anything else?

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
Game has the loli tag, is there actually going to be loli content in it? So many games here have that tag without the content and its annoying.

• Thinking Face

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
Game has the loli tag, is there actually going to be loli content in it? So many games here have that tag without the content and its annoying.
Well, you have Ravens, Maou, Dony (which is not thaaat loli at all), Sakuya (Who is definitely), and Sarina (this one has boobs btw, just think of her as Hestia). Maou and Dony have practically the same size as Sieg, but Sarina and Sakuya have almost half the size. And Ravens, well.. compare it as 1,40 (Rave) to 1,90 (Sieg).

PS: There's no H-Scene with Sakuya and Sarina yet! It may come out at 0.19 to 0.20.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Hey dev what is that poll for in the OP, haven't checked on this thread in a while so I might be a bit lost with what it refers to?

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
Hey dev what is that poll for in the OP, haven't checked on this thread in a while so I might be a bit lost with what it refers to?
Someone removed it.. Probably the guy who updated the game at the latest ups.. I'll fix it.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Someone removed it.. Probably the guy who updated the game at the latest ups.. I'll fix it.
Ok from my understanding this is us training a character for future updates correct? And you have yet to determine the gender of the character? It is a bit confusing since you used the word genre when I think you mean gender?

Last edited:

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
Ok from my understanding this is us training a character for future updates correct? And you have yet to determine the gender of the character? It is a bit confusing since you used the word genre when I think you mean gender?
Yes, exactly it and thanks, adjusted! *Gender

dino10

Oct 2, 2017
Game just doesn't work properly... after getting the castle theres literally no way to progress. and i have played for like 20 minutes where as 15 of thoose were just reading dialogue or killing mobs... All i get it "go to the dungeon that u cant access cuz u need Johanna".... buggy af

Gman4672

Aug 6, 2018
Sieg will train the Hero of Westviller, He will help the hero with his ascension. In your opinion, what would be the best gender for the rise of the hero? (PS: This will interfere with H-scenes and storyline.) So the way that I'm reading this is that once your hero gets to I'm guessing the final ascension or whatever. Then you are going to change them from a male protagonist to a female protagonist?

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
Sieg will train the Hero of Westviller, He will help the hero with his ascension. In your opinion, what would be the best gender for the rise of the hero? (PS: This will interfere with H-scenes and storyline.) So the way that I'm reading this is that once your hero gets to I'm guessing the final ascension or whatever. Then you are going to change them from a male protagonist to a female protagonist?
No no, CLARK (Another hero, not Sieg, Sieg isn't a HERO, he's a OVERLORD, DARKLORD, MAOU etc) ;-; People are misunderstanding it.. I'll let it clear there.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I think I'm lost and need direction to trigger more quest and storyline right now: After having sex with Dony and triggering the cutscene of Demon Queen talk with other Queen I don't know where to go or talk to other people, make me thinking it could be nice if you could post a walkthrough or adding queslog in the later updates to make thing easier to check

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Okay! I finally and slowly found most of the quest and completing the second dungeon, and I must say that fairty was a pain in the ass the deal with with her goddamn Charm if my level was lower than 20...and that maze was a little bit of pain to explore too, luckily I found the clue and got of and defeat the Dryad girl
Hopefully I would not suffer another quest hunting again

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes