Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Can I come back to your place when I finish?
View attachment 3107248

A quiet drink after closing.
View attachment 3107249
I really appreciate your efforts on recreating different environments from the game. The other day, it was the study area in the MC's place in the DIKs mansion that you partly showcased in your render. Now, it's the turn of the bar area in the Pink Rose.

I myself have also spent some time on making my own versions of some of these places. So far, I have worked on the pool space in the HOTs house, which I already used in a couple of my renders, on Quinn's room, which I've also featured in more than one of my renderings of Quinn, and on the MC's room in the DIKs mansion, which is what I am working on currently. And it's because of your notes about the assets required to recreate these environments that I've been able to also make my own versions. Thank you a lot for that.

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
I really appreciate your efforts on recreating different environments from the game. The other day, it was the study area in the MC's place in the DIKs mansion that you partly showcased in your render. Now, it's the turn of the bar area in the Pink Rose.

I myself have also spent some time on making my own versions of some of these places. So far, I have worked on the pool space in the HOTs house, which I already used in a couple of my renders, on Quinn's room, which I've also featured in more than one of my renderings of Quinn, and on the MC's room in the DIKs mansion, which is what I am working on currently. And it's because of your notes about the assets required to recreate these environments that I've been able to also make my own versions. Thank you a lot for that.
No worries my dude, and thanks.

It would be nice to post the duf files of the rooms, but there's so many custom items added in the rooms, by myself and even by DPC, half the time they'd be incomplete, as you'd be aware of putting the Hot's pool room together. Plus I edit a lot of the meshes in DAZ with the geometry tool, to add extra detail, those items would be missing too as well.

Besides, half the fun is in building it, and it can be a good learning exercise too (a cheap excuse I know).

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
Even if it took hours of rendering on my worklaptop :( I could not resist to do something :)

A causal talk with Jill and Melissa (Acting Lessons)

View attachment 3108223
I was thinking about doing something AL's Melissa too, something along the lines of Lily's walk into college as a part of the late intake.
She's still one of my favourite characters.

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
good job man, the conversation between them is good and I finally got to see Melissa again, I would love it if she was in the game lol her and Jill is one hell of a trophy:PogChamp:

• Red Heart
Reactions: scooman

scooman

Oct 8, 2022
I was thinking about doing something AL's Melissa too, something along the lines of Lily's walk into college as a part of the late intake.
She's still one of my favourite characters.
Yes shes a great Character. Played Acting Lessons last week the first time in my lonely evenings without Family here in South East Asia. Pretty sad ending. But great Game.
I can upload the duf in Acting Lessons Fan-Art thread if you want?

Reactions: Ass Fan

scooman

Oct 8, 2022

Keyword Pink Rose. I loaded the Neon Cage Club (its Pink Rose right?) But in the file was only the runtime folder and nothing else. Is there more or just something i have to know? If there is more... Is anyone willing to share the whole Neon Cage Club? Pretty please? :)

Reactions: Ass Fan

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Besides, half the fun is in building it, and it can be a good learning exercise too (a cheap excuse I know).
It requires a lot of work from the user, but I agree that it's a good learning exercise. And it's not boring either. Generally speaking, I find most of the things we can do in Daz Studio quite entertaining, to be honest.

Keyword Pink Rose. I loaded the Neon Cage Club (its Pink Rose right?) But in the file was only the runtime folder and nothing else. Is there more or just something i have to know? If there is more... Is anyone willing to share the whole Neon Cage Club? Pretty please? :)
I'm afraid I can't be of much help at this point, since I haven't worked with the Pink Rose assets as of yet. I remembered some allusion to it from some time ago, but it has turned out that it was you who were already having issues with it back in the day. I've downloaded another copy of that asset from 3D-load.net, but as far as I can see, it must be an identical copy of the one you already tried. It is a 15.8 MB compressed file and it looks as if it does not include any Daz Studio-ready stuff in it. :(

Last edited:

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
It requires a lot of work from the user, but I agree that it's a good learning exercise. And it's not boring either. Generally speaking, I find most of the things we can do in Daz Studio quite entertaining, to be honest.

I'm afraid I can't be of much help at this point, since I haven't worked with the Pink Rose assets as of yet. I remembered some allusion to it from some time ago, but it has turned out that it was you who were already having issues with it back in the day. I've downloaded another copy of that asset from 3D-load.net, but as far as I can see, it must be an identical copy to the one you already tried. It is a 15.8 MB compressed file and it looks as if it does not include any Daz Studio-ready stuff in it. :(
It's Poser content, an alternative to DAZ Studio.
1. Create a seperate folder and label it whatever you want Poser Runtimes or something like that will do.
2. Drop that whole runtime folder as is into the newly created folder. (The Runtime folder should contain other folders like geometries, libraries. textures etc)
3. Back in Daz right click the content library tab and select content directory manager.
4. Under Content Sets click on Poser Formats.
5. On the left click Add and select the folder you created previously, click select folder and Accept.
6. Back in the content library scroll over to the top level of your content there should be:
DAZ Studio Formats​
Poser Formats​
etc. If there isn't right Click and refresh.​
7. Now you should be good to go, the textures won't be Iray, so you might want to convert them yourself.

Reactions: Andurin and Jumbi

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
Yes shes a great Character. Played Acting Lessons last week the first time in my lonely evenings without Family here in South East Asia. Pretty sad ending. But great Game.
I can upload the duf in Acting Lessons Fan-Art thread if you want?
I already have her, but thanks.

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
It's Poser content, an alternative to DAZ Studio.
1. Create a seperate folder and label it whatever you want Poser Runtimes or something like that will do.
2. Drop that whole runtime folder as is into the newly created folder. (The Runtime folder should contain other folders like geometries, libraries. textures etc)
3. Back in Daz right click the content library tab and select content directory manager.
4. Under Content Sets click on Poser Formats.
5. On the left click Add and select the folder you created previously, click select folder and Accept.
6. Back in the content library scroll over to the top level of your content there should be:
DAZ Studio Formats​
Poser Formats​
etc. If there isn't right Click and refresh.​
7. Now you should be good to go, the textures won't be Iray, so you might want to convert them yourself.
Thank you. I'm bookmarking your post for future reference. Now that I think about it, there was also one Poser content available for Quinn's room that I did not know how to make work in Daz, the Marlbaro cigarettes pack. I'm adding to the to-do list converting its texture to make it work in Daz.

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
Thank you. I'm bookmarking your post for future reference. Now that I think about it, there was also one Poser content available for Quinn's room that I did not know how to make work in Daz, the Marlbaro cigarettes pack. I'm adding to the to-do list converting its texture to make it work in Daz.
When you say you're converting the texture to make it work in Daz, what do you mean, I usually just highlight the surfaces in the surfaces tab and run the Iray Uber Base script, that's all that needs to be done isn't it, or have I been missing a step all this time?

Reactions: Jumbi

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
When you say you're converting the texture to make it work in Daz, what do you mean, I usually just highlight the surfaces in the surfaces tab and run the Iray Uber Base script, that's all that needs to be done isn't it, or have I been missing a step all this time?
My dude, I feel so dumb right now. :ROFLMAO: You know, the first time I tried to install it into Daz, a couple of months ago or so, I could not find the cigarettes pack prop, because somehow I did not look inside of every folder provided with the package, so what I did was to create a primitive cube and I gave it the shape of a cigarettes pack. But then I found the issue that applying the provided material for the cigarettes pack (.mc6 file) was something I couldn't do in Daz, since it was a Poser format only.

But now, I have found the Marlbaro cigarettes pack prop. I've loaded it into Daz and then I've loaded the iRay Uber base shader onto it. And effectively, now I have my Marlbaro smokes. :D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pillock

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
Pink Rose Dressing Room Assets

The items marked with a (*) are in my opinion good enough, if you know where the original ones are by all means let me know. But the key items are the ones used in the game.

scooman

Oct 8, 2022
Pink Rose Dressing Room Assets

The items marked with a (*) are in my opinion good enough, if you know where the original ones are by all means let me know. But the key items are the ones used in the game.

Great stuff Pillock :)

Could not resist to try fast in the Morning.
1. But i think i did not understand very well the IRAY UBER Steps. Found the Script etc. But it looked like all as before
2. When i load the light form the Club. Its everywhere and no light. looks like it need bit more interaction to get it work. tried it on Poser (trial fast installed). And apart from "i dont know how to use Poser" works evrything smoooth there with lightening. Sure it is for poser :) Did this to see where the light are posed and how it should look like.
Think this could be a challenge for all of us who are interested and leads finally to an upload as duf with right settings :)

Last edited:

Pillock

Nov 23, 2019
Great stuff Pillock :)

Could not resist to try fast in the Morning.
1. But i think i did not understand very well the IRAY UBER Steps. Found the Script etc. But it looked like all is like before
2. When i load the light form the Club. Its everywhere and no light. looks like it need bit more interaction to get it work. tried it on Poser (trial fast installed). And apart from "i dont know how to use Poser" works evrything smoooth there with lightening. Sure it is for poser :) Did this to see where the light are posed and how it should look like.
Think this could be a challenge for all of us who are interested and leads finally to an upload as duf with right settings :)
Are you referring to the Dressing Room Assets or the Neon Cage Club?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes