felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You have to differentiate. A review is there so that we as players can better understand the characters in the game. So it's not a waste of time.:unsure:

But when the MC was at EP7's HOT party, for example, it would have been a waste of time and unrealistic for DPC to show us what Tommy, Rusty, Jamie, and Leon were doing at the time. Realism would have been lost because the MC can't be in two places at once in the present, so it would have been a waste of time to create scenes for Tommy, Rusty, Jamie, and Leon. Through a text message from Jamie to the MC, we know what Jamie and Leon are doing. They are going to a bar. But do we also need to see what they are doing there?:rolleyes::unsure:

Again to NTR. How many people in this world cheat on their relationship partner without them knowing? Many. In real life, very few people know about it, so they don't know anything about being cheated on, because you can't be in two places at once. So such scenes are not necessary until the MC catches a LI or Side Girl inflagrantie.:rolleyes::unsure:
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
But are you responding to me?

who said I want to know what every single character is doing at every moment of the day? I don't seem to have said that...
what cheating are you talking about?

anyway we are not MC, we are the viewers of a story, everything we need to understand the story is shown to us whether MC knows it too or not.

if Bella looks like a madwoman talking to the dead because you can't show a kiss, a cuddle, a hug with her husband for me there is a problem. then probably the problem is also and in large part in the audience of the game, but the problem remains

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
if Bella looks like a madwoman talking to the dead because you can't show a kiss, a cuddle, a hug with her husband for me there is a problem. then probably the problem is also and in large part in the audience of the game, but the problem remains
Have you considered that May Be she is a madwoman ? :LOL: and its that exactly the implication DPC wants to give you?!
Lostanddamned, has this theory that, She basically hallucinating the whole conversation with her husband

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Have you considered that May Be she is a madwoman ? :LOL: and its that exactly the implication DPC wants to give you?!
Lostanddamned, has this theory that, She basically hallucinating the whole conversation with her husband
it could be, and as much as it should be a crazy theory, it really isn't because of how strange that flashback is

we shall see, but until then I will continue to believe that it is just a scene made aseptic and asexual so as not to disturb the sensibilities of the patreons

mindern

Jul 7, 2017

Done properly… I’d be on board with this because it flips the situation on its head. Instead of him being the vulnerable student and her the teacher preying on him. She’s the vulnerable one.

Don’t get me wrong. I think there’s little in the script to support it but these kinda games are a little… laissez faire with stuff like consent or whether it’s appropriate to start relationships with vulnerable people. If DPC had the stones (and writing ability) to flip it and maturely deal with this kinda situation it would be unique as fuck… and finally make that warning at the start worth a damn.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

I was going to work on art this week, but I continued writing and couldn't stop myself. I've been writing different scenes with many different characters. I have been focusing on making sure most events of the episode are in place, even if they aren't fully written yet.

I keep adding stuff I want to see in the episode, and I'm working with a cast of 70+ characters that need screen time - so it is a challenge when it comes to limiting ideas and scenes while also piecing together parallel storylines.

I've said in the past that I'm trying to make the episode smaller than episode 8 - because the trend so far is that each episode gets bigger and bigger. I've realized that it's too hard for me to do that for episode 9 in some areas.

Currently, the writing of episode 9 is at ~90% in size compared to episode 8. I believe nearly all events are mapped out now, give or take a handful.

I have 43 scenes, ranging from short to long, left to write, or complete writing. This is why I believe I will overshoot the episode 8 size in terms of writing.
I have barely started writing phone content, so this also remains in the writing department.

At the moment, I believe I'm unlikely to overshoot the animation count, but the render count might be close to that of episode 8. Time will tell what the size will be.

You'll likely be very happy if you wish for a content-filled episode that requires more than five playthroughs to see everything.

When it comes to art, I estimate that 80% of the environments needed for the episode are designed and have the lighting in place; this usually takes a lot of time. Similarly, I estimate that 90% of the characters needed for the episode have their costumes/wardrobe decided and prepared to be imported into the scenes. I'm confident that art production will take off fast once I return to it.

I will continue letting the flow decide what I'm working on next week.

On the animation front, PCs are chugging on. Two workstations are rendering two rather long animations, and they have been at it for 14 days each. Previewing the work they've done with these long animations, they were worth the time spent rendering.

95 animations are fully produced.

Poll news
In this week's poll, option 4 was the winning option and will be featured in episode 9 as Riona's Halloween costume.

Thanks for voting!

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

Pennel

Jun 4, 2017
Poll news
In this week's poll, option 4 was the winning option and will be featured in episode 9 as Riona's Halloween costume.

Dr PinkCake
What were the other options? I must've missed the poll post if it was posted here.

Reactions: abcde

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

I was going to work on art this week, but I continued writing and couldn't stop myself. I've been writing different scenes with many different characters. I have been focusing on making sure most events of the episode are in place, even if they aren't fully written yet.

I keep adding stuff I want to see in the episode, and I'm working with a cast of 70+ characters that need screen time - so it is a challenge when it comes to limiting ideas and scenes while also piecing together parallel storylines.

I've said in the past that I'm trying to make the episode smaller than episode 8 - because the trend so far is that each episode gets bigger and bigger. I've realized that it's too hard for me to do that for episode 9 in some areas.

Currently, the writing of episode 9 is at ~90% in size compared to episode 8. I believe nearly all events are mapped out now, give or take a handful.

I have 43 scenes, ranging from short to long, left to write, or complete writing. This is why I believe I will overshoot the episode 8 size in terms of writing.
I have barely started writing phone content, so this also remains in the writing department.

At the moment, I believe I'm unlikely to overshoot the animation count, but the render count might be close to that of episode 8. Time will tell what the size will be.

You'll likely be very happy if you wish for a content-filled episode that requires more than five playthroughs to see everything.

When it comes to art, I estimate that 80% of the environments needed for the episode are designed and have the lighting in place; this usually takes a lot of time. Similarly, I estimate that 90% of the characters needed for the episode have their costumes/wardrobe decided and prepared to be imported into the scenes. I'm confident that art production will take off fast once I return to it.

I will continue letting the flow decide what I'm working on next week.

On the animation front, PCs are chugging on. Two workstations are rendering two rather long animations, and they have been at it for 14 days each. Previewing the work they've done with these long animations, they were worth the time spent rendering.

95 animations are fully produced.

Poll news

Thanks for voting!

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
A very detailed status update. Most likely episode 9 will be close to episode 8 in size. Judging by the numbers, he is almost finished with the script and the creation of the environment, and he has only programming, creating art and animation left.

I don't see a problem in size. If you remember, a third of episode 5 was occupied by the backstory of the brotherhood of diks and the episode itself was pretty empty. All the important events took place during the preps party and at Bella's house, and the episode itself unexpectedly ended as it began. I'm glad to hear from Pink that the episode will be intense.

I think this probably concerns animations that have become longer and, accordingly, the rendering will be longer.

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022

I don't know why DPC is trying to make the size smaller or similar to that of episode 8 when episode 9 has branching involved. For it to be great, long, and filled with content similar to what he said; "requires more than five playthroughs to see everything", wouldn't it be more "safe" and logical to not worry about the size because it might compromise the story?
If he's worrying about size a lot, I think it's better to do that on more later episodes, just so that episode 9 comes on strong and to have a solid foundation of the branches.

If not, I guess the branches are an illusion like any other choices-driven game. For example, no matter what you do in episodes 1-8, you would always end up with Maya, Josy, and Sage in her house. Bummer.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I don't know why DPC is trying to make the size smaller or similar to that of episode 8 when episode 9 has branching involved. For it to be great, long, and filled with content similar to what he said; "requires more than five playthroughs to see everything", wouldn't it be more "safe" and logical to not worry about the size because it might compromise the story?
If he's worrying about size a lot, I think it's better to do that on more later episodes, just so that episode 9 comes on strong and to have a solid foundation of the branches.

If not, I guess the branches are an illusion like any other choices-driven game. For example, no matter what you do in episodes 1-8, you would always end up with Maya, Josy, and Sage in her house. Bummer.
DPC said that there will be more scenes compared to episode 8. The size of the script will be close to episode 8, but there will be more short scenes of interactions with the chosen LI. I didn't count the number of scenes in episode 8, but the remaining 43 scenes are a lot. In episode 8, there were long scenes like a date with Bella at her house or a conversation with Sage about exams. I think the episode will feel longer anyway due to the mini-game and a lot of dialogues.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LizaS

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
:coffee: Updated BigTable™ with the recent informations.
SeeYouInAutumn!

• 7 animations been complete that week. Leaving 19 more to finalize from his queue, could take 2 weeks.
  • DPC confirmed we will have less animations. The animation time will be interesting to check at release.
  • Previously, 800 renders were made in 28 days but it's wasn't art focused time. About 4 months to hit 4000.
  • Late September (30 weeks) release is starting to get more plausible with that raised ambition.
EP​
Renders​
Animations​
Music*
Size (GB)​
Release​
Development Time​
Ratio*
R/D
A/D
sA/D
EP1130151 (3:29)≈1.1
07 Feb 2019​
— days
—​
—​
—​
—​
EP21709 (+31%)77 (3:36) (+26)≈2.3 (+1.2)
04 May 2019​
087 (2 months, 28 days |≈12 weeks)
22.1​
19.6​
EP32289 (+34%)99 (4:42) (+22)≈4.1 (+1.8)
16 Aug 2019​
105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
24.5​
0.94​
EP42532 (+11%)134 (7:57) (+35)≈6.1 (+2.0)
10 Jan 2020​
148 (4 months, 26 days |≈21 weeks)
3.22​
EP52456 (-3%)157 (8:35) (+23)17 (3.4K$)≈8.0 (+1.9)
29 May 2020​
141 (4 months, 20 days |≈20 weeks)
1.11​
3.65​
EP63336 (+35%)162 (8:33) (+5)24 (4.8K$)≈11.1 (+3.1)
13 Nov 2020​
169 (5 months, 16 days |≈24 weeks)
22.8​
19.7​
0.96​
3.04​
EP73723 (+12%)250 (18:14) (+88)18 (3.6K$)≈14.5 (+3.4)
23 Apr 2021​
162 (5 months, 11 days |≈23 weeks)
EP84158 (+12%)358 (26:21) (+108)34 (6.8K$)≈19.5 (+5.0)
19 Nov 2021​
211 (6 months, 28 days |≈30 weeks)
19.7​
EPI79436 (4:36)19 (3.8K$)≈2.6 (new)
4 Mar 2022​
105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
EP9≈800≈95 (≈114)
in development
077 (2 months, 16 days |≈11 weeks)
Complete Table with the help of Holy Bacchus† original post — Being a DIK in development since 3 years, 3 months, 13 days (39 months / 171 weeks / 1,198 days / 28,752 hours)
* 199$ Premium Licensed Music ; Total: 22,288$ — Ratio values exclude EPI ; Ratio: (Renders/Days + SecondsAnimations/Days) [Average: 24.0 ; Last Two: 28.5 (+19%)]
Renders/Days [Average: 19.8 ; Last Two: 21.3 (+8%)] — Animations/Days [Average: 1.15 ; Last Two: 1.62 (+41%)] — SecondsAnimations/Days [Average: 4.19 ; Last Two: 7.12 (+69%)]

(y) Thumb up to well made Casiope DIK Walkthrough.

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
The animation varies from a sex-scene position to a camera movement during cutscenes. I understand why Dr PinkCake weighs for each ones their benefits over the amount of work they involve. Many adult visual novels do the minimum and are satisfied with static renders.

How encouraging it is to read that he evaluates his workload throughout the making; this implies that he sets goals with perhaps a maximum development time per episode, so as not to be overwhelmed in his job or anger the contributors. Without any irony or excessive flattery, I think a lot of game creators on Patreon could learn from Dr PinkCake.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes