anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
According to his monthly earnings are between $28k and $86k per month. There's then the sales from Steam, not sure if it's possible to get figures about that, also not sure how much Steam takes from each sale.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
No mods. Completely vanilla.

The first time, it was on a Jill route a few days ago. Redownloaded the compressed version and did a Bella route. Both were Major Chick playthroughs. Crashes when clicking done on that screen. I really don't wanna download the apk version if I can help it.
"Compressed" is the key word which explains your problems.

Reactions: KristopheH

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
How do you reach those figures? What’s the data behind that estimate, both in terms of monthly income, and tax bracket?

I am genuinely curious, and not trying to be antagonistic.
He has 13k patreons, including high tier patreons in 100$ and 150$ tiers. If we assume an average of 10$ (and I'm sure the number is higher than that, but let's just go with it for the moment), he makes 130k a month. The tax was something in the 20-21% range (someone mentioned it but I don't remember who it was). So even then, he's left with 104k after taxes and that's without the Steam sales alone.

He comfortably makes a million a year, but refuses to pay 100$ or whatever the Prophets asked him for 2 songs. The guy just happens to be annoyingly obsessed with money. I don't understand his behavior as if he could go broke any moment.

Dec 19, 2019
Anyone who has played this on JoiPlay, have you encountered a hard crash after the episode seven summary that comes before the "Previosly On" recap?

I've redownloaded the compressed version and applied the 0.8.3 patch. It is really frustrating to get 85% through Seasons 1 and 2, especially when Season 3 will be a separate download which means it's unlikely for there to be updates to the 1 and 2 download.
Try using It.
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-interlude-season-3-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-6986935

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
He has 13k patreons, including high tier patreons in 100$ and 150$ tiers. If we assume an average of 10$ (and I'm sure the number is higher than that, but let's just go with it for the moment), he makes 130k a month. The tax was something in the 20-21% range (someone mentioned it but I don't remember who it was). So even then, he's left with 104k after taxes and that's without the Steam sales alone.

He comfortably makes a million a year, but refuses to pay 100$ or whatever the Prophets asked him for 2 songs. The guy just happens to be annoyingly obsessed with money. I don't understand his behavior as if he could go broke any moment.
for the music I wouldn't hold it against him though

we start from the fact that we don't know how it went and that they simply could have taken away his right to use it

but even if they had asked him for a reasonable amount of money, it would have made no sense to settle. the main quality of that song was that it was free, otherwise it would never have been taken into consideration. if DPC had shown that he was willing to pay, then he would have had to do it slowly for all the songs, and the problem would have slipped over time to the other developers.

It simply wasn't worth it

judging then from the communication it didn't seem to me that he was particularly shaken, it was simply a setback

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Don't you just love when people pull random numbers out of their ass just to reinforce themselves in their prejudice?

(only an idiot would think it's worth to waste everyone's time asking for $50 per royalty-free use of a song)

Jul 22, 2022
Hmm, I don't see any reason why we should assume a 10$ average, even if he has a lot of high-tier patrons that seems like a lot.

The graph linked by anonnyscouse seems to indicate a higher probability of a average closer to 5$, and it would maybe also align slightly better with the monthly patron fluctuations. But yeah with around 10.000 + patrons for over a year at 60k. pr month (pre Steam, and GOG sales) minus 21% comes out to roughly 569.000 + $ in profits for the year. So yeah he's definitely doing well form himself and the game for sure fully financed, even if his patrons stopped supporting him.

Hopefully he will start a proper studio when he's finished with this one.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Hmm, I don't see any reason why we should assume a 10$ average, even if he has a lot of high-tier patrons that seems like a lot.

The graph linked by anonnyscouse seems to indicate a higher probability of a average closer to 5$, and it would maybe also align slightly better with the monthly patron fluctuations. But yeah with around 10.000 + patrons for over a year at 60k. pr month (pre Steam, and GOG sales) minus 21% comes out to roughly 569.000 + $ in profits for the year. So yeah he's definitely doing well form himself and the game for sure fully financed, even if his patrons stopped supporting him.

Hopefully he will start a proper studio when he's finished with this one.
dont count on it. that would require he hire a team, which he will likely NEVER do. and of course he would also make less money if he had to pay other people. he has zero incentive to change his current setup

Garybaldi

Jun 6, 2021
I can't seem to load or import any saves into the latest versions I'm doing what the instructions say but I'm not getting anything after the interlude... any suggestions?

• Angry
Reactions: PappaSchlumpf

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
you shouldn't be getting anything after the interlude. ep. 9 is next and we're all waiting for it

Reactions: Meushi

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018

Wait so are those taxes applied from Patreon? How does that work? Or is it something like Patreon "taking their cut"? I'm kind of confused because that tax rate seems kind of low for that level of income.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018

Assuming your number is right (and I suspect it is at least in the ball park), Patreon takes 5% (5-12%, but we'll make another assumption here), and taxes in Sweden on that much income would be around 50% total (progressive taxation, with the top percentage being 59% on everything over, I believe, double the average salary in Sweden.), so something like $800,000 a year. Which is still just fine, but DPC does live in a country with an actual social safety net, so you know....and you also have to account for the cost of doing business - his PC's are not inexpensive, and the electricity on 8 3090's running 24/7 isn't inconsiderable.

But no, the post he made said nothing about the Friday Prophets asking him for money - he has paid for plenty of songs. They asked him to remove their songs because they don't approve of the nature of the game. It wasn't a money issue, it was a moral issue. You can agree with them or not, but they get to make up their own mind over how their copyright is exploited. If they feel this doesn't represent their views on the world, it doesn't matter what kind of money he has. Musicians, for the most part, do not prioritize money, else they wouldn't be musicians!!! (Ours is the only profession where you will spend $5,000 on gear, which you put in a $500 car, to drive 30 miles, to play a $50 gig. It ain't about the money.)

Last edited:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Assuming your number is right (and I suspect it is at least in the ball park), Patreon takes 5% (5-12%, but we'll make another assumption here), and taxes in Sweden taxes on that much income would be around 50% total (progressive taxation, with the top percentage being 59% on everything over, I believe, double the average salary in Sweden.), so something like $800,000 a year. Which is still just fine, but DPC does live in a country with an actual social safety net, so you know....and you also have to account for the cost of doing business - his PC's are not inexpensive, and the electricity on 8 3090's running 24/7 isn't inconsiderable.

But no, the post he made said nothing about the Friday Prophets asking him for money - he has paid for plenty of songs. They asked him to remove their songs because they don't approve of the nature of the game. It wasn't a money issue, it was a moral issue. You can agree with them or not, but they get to make up their own mind over how their copyright is exploited. If they feel this doesn't represent their views on the world, it doesn't matter what kind of money he has. Musicians, for the most part, do not prioritize money, else they wouldn't be musicians!!! (Ours is the only profession where you will spend $5,000 on gear, which you put in a $500 car, to drive 30 miles, to play a $50 gig. It ain't about the money.)
Ah. Ok that makes more sense. I was pretty confused when he was talking about Patreon and then immediately went to "after-tax income". I think that may also be a another reason (probably not the only reason) why he'd choose to work alone. The cost of having employees would probably take another decent chunk of that if income tax alone is that high.
Also, I think the gripe about DPC not giving them the amount they wanted for the rights to play their songs was just based off an off-handed remark someone posted around the time of that initial post. That one of the possible reasons was that DPC just didn't feel like paying them the amount they were asking for. Just a rumor that kind of snowballed.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
A real simple determination of DPC's earnings based on other popular AVNs that have disclosed theirs:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So there's a good chance he's earning USD$30-80K a month (minus running and periodic expenses, Patreon's cut, etc.).

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Ah. Ok that makes more sense. I was pretty confused when he was talking about Patreon and then immediately went to "after-tax income". I think that may also be a another reason (probably not the only reason) why he'd choose to work alone. The cost of having employees would probably take another decent chunk of that if income tax alone is that high.
Also, I think the gripe about DPC not giving them the amount they wanted for the rights to play their songs was just based off an off-handed remark someone posted around the time of that initial post. That one of the possible reasons was that DPC just didn't feel like paying them the amount they were asking for. Just a rumor that kind of snowballed.
I mean, his post on the subject is public, so, you know, no need to theorize. They didn't want to be associated with this kind of game. It's just that so many of us have been so indoctrinated by the post capitalist hellscape we live in that they can't imagine ANYTHING isn't about money. But musicians have shown, over and over and over, that money isn't why they do it! The few musicians who do end up making money don't mean the rest are in it for the money. (They're in it for the chicks!!! I mean, for the Art.)

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes