ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Jill has one moment after Tybalts presentation where she's not happy but other than that there are no issues and it's not brought up afterwards.
Sure, go get spotted by Jill as you fuck her best friend on the kitchen table and try to claim again she doesn't have any problem with the MC sleeping with someone else.

As pointed by others, the only main girl who might not mind you sleeping with others is Sage, and even that is debatable considering how she exploded over Chad cheating on her. Every other girl will reject you, either if she learns about your sleeping around, or won't even want to form a relationship with such MC to begin with. It's a joke to claim this somehow doesn't prevent the game from just allowing DIK MC to sleep with everyone and not a single of the affected girls minding such development.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Um, no. Zoey's relationship with the MC turned out to be extremely shallow; she liked his dick but couldn't be bothered to contact him for ~6 months even after she realized it was a mistake to distance herself from him!
This seems quite off. Zoey tries to contact the MC as soon as she returns home, and she didn't really realize distancing herself from him was a mistake (or rather, that her attachment for him outweighed "letting him go for his sake") until she saw her old drawing of him while on the train back home. Where do you get these 6 months from..?

(even if there's a gap, it can be chalked up to reluctance to reach out to a person you've cut contact with, simply out of fear their reaction will be negative. I.e. not because "she couldn't be bothered" but quite the opposite, the potential outcome mattered a lot)

Last edited:

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
m/j path is for Chicks. As a DIK you don't encounter any real problems. Jill has one moment after Tybalts presentation where she's not happy but other than that there are no issues and it's not brought up afterwards. Never fooled around with Cathy anyway because she just felt like the only non-interesting character in the game so that's one issue that's very easily avoided. Considering the fact the game has two paths, one being the beta/nice guy path where choosing 1 girl makes sense, the other being the alpha/slight asshole but not really path where choosing 1 girl when none of them have complained just doesn't make sense.

As you said the girls are becoming friends and you will eventually have to choose one. It's a valid argument. My counter is that choosing one girl will without a doubt create some serious friction between the girls which is worse than just letting the situation continue as it were.
Forget about sleeping around, Jill will reject you for DIK affinity anyway just like the throuple.

Reactions: Herbert1
Sep 9, 2021
Interlude was so boring I had to skip half of it. Zoey is Maya#2 and we all know it.
It's not about boring man it's about how stupid people are.

Let me be clear "Dev is trying to slap every simp, How ? A entire game dedicated to an LI, Yet she(Zoey) didn't fuck anybody( mc only for adding a scene ). In the city where most handsome hunks arrives for play times and holiday but for zoey they didn't exists.":WaitWhat:

It's Maya situation all over( Feminist sharing a men :cautious: :FacePalm: - The biggest bullshit concept to please a player and most fall for that), to keep her(Zoey) as an LI. Zoey meet with man which have heart on different girl and other man is fucking gay.

Pleasing the player by making everything about mc in the story of zoey. It's a classic move of any great story teller. It's same as Sage or maya ect. problem becomes mc's problem so the story of mc and character can develop.

The basic concept dev is telling : LOOK YOU STUPID FUCKER(PLAYER), she is yours even if it's not possible . DON'T GET ME WRONG I LOVED THE GAME BUT I TRY TO SEE WHAT IS BEHIND THE IDEOLOGY AND NARRATION(best in any vn games).

BUT I WILL ALSO ADMIT GAMES ARE ABOUT PLEASING :illuminati: THE PLAYER :cautious: ;).

how do i start the game? it has a continue but no new game option
You will need continue save point to play the game my friend . I am assuming you have played previous session.

Quinn is a broken person, coping with her circumstances a little poorly.

Bella was somewhat broken too, alienating herself from intimacy due to a failed relationship (or worse).

Tybalt is an ineffectual buffoon, he tried to mess with the mc and lost the one thing he wanted the most (Jill, not his watermelon), and it wasn’t even the mc that caused this outcome.

Burke is a cuckolded husband who tries to make himself feel less pitiful by paying for sex with students.

Dawe is a tiny man compared to his peers, both is stature and cock size, his girlfriend openly humiliates him.

Chad is a gay man surrounded by homophobes.

There are no “badasses” in this game, just flawed characters. No ultimate villains, no serious goals, just a bunch of different people in a somewhat typical environment coping in their own ways.

Quinn is not a nice person, that’s a given, she treats her friends poorly and others with contempt, she does this to boost her own sense of self worth, but in the long run it isn’t going to make her happy. She follows silly rules (like no sleepovers) to try to avoid intimacy (fucking she’s fine with). She’s only hurting herself with all this nonsense.

Quinn hasn’t been “terribly written”, it’s clear she has a lot of fans, we all have different interests in this game, and she appeals to a lot of people, and she repels a lot of people. That’s by design.

If you’re looking for the criminal mastermind, ultimate evil character, you’re probably not gonna find it in this game, this isn’t some Marvel Universe good vs evil story, it’s just a soft-hearted, big-dicked dude going to college and dealing with stuff, meeting (and meating) all kinds of people on the way.

Maybe Vinny will turn out to be a little more dastardly, but I personally hope he doesn’t turn out to be some cardboard cutout bad guy with no humanity.

One of the best things about this game is that the characters are just flawed people. It makes us care for them, rather than just want to jerk off to some big titted pictures. Of course, certain flaws repel certain people, and that’s just fine, if we were all the same, this world would be very boring…
About Quinn : By definition Brooke people don't fight the circumstances. (y) She understand her position or situation while trying to achieve some goal and she doing in power to get that.

Bella : A narcissist and a broken cha. .

Tybalt : He knows what money really is but don't know how to use it A SMART FOOL FOR FOOLS . In reality people which know the power of money can have world in their finger tip(just not for the game.)

Dawe : Agreed !

Chad : A good character, trying to wear a persona for living a normal life.

Burke : A Powerful character stabbed by wife.( I don't really care but it's necessary evil for story).

quinn : don't agree but that will be to much to write for counter points, some other time perhaps. :whistle::coffee:

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
This seems quite off. Zoey tries to contact the MC as soon as she returns home, and she didn't really realize distancing herself from him was a mistake (or rather, that her attachment for him outweighed "letting him go for his sake") until she saw her old drawing of him while on the train back home. Where do you get these 6 months from..?

(even if there's a gap, it can be chalked up to reluctance to reach out to a person you've cut contact with, simply out of fear their reaction will be negative. I.e. not because "she couldn't be bothered" but quite the opposite, the potential outcome mattered a lot)
if it's not 6 months it's at least 5

Zoey goes away before the end of the school year (she asks him to drop out of school to follow her...a very sensible request), then stays in San Diego all summer and comes back when MC has already taken his midterms exams

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
6 months is the length of time it had been since the MC's last message with Zoey when he told Bella about her in Episode 3. From the Interlude, we know that must have happened a relatively short time before Zoey's confrontation with Emma; Zoey talked about going 'weeks' without contacting the MC in the prior scene, not months. And it's been roughly a month since Episode 3 (though the MC has had a new phone for most of that time).

The problem is that Zoey's stated reason for limiting her contact with the MC was to help him strike out on his own, which was based on Bret's advice. But after the confrontation with Emma Zoey learned that advice turned out to be a mistake. Yet she never rethought her decision with regard to the MC; instead she sat on her ass until she ran out of money and HAD to go home.

That's the problem with the Interlude. DPC presents it as Zoey coming to recognize her feelings for the MC, but what he actually showed us was Zoey killing time with her friends until she had no other choice. Sure, she thinks highly of the MC from time to time, but as they say actions speak louder than words. The Interlude isn't about the MC, and as a result Zoey doesn't come across as being motivated by him, either.

DPC has a bad habit of relying on informed attributes rather than reflecting those attributes in game (sort of like how Sage is allegedly surprised if the MC rejects her despite her love life being nothing but rejection). The MC and Zoey say the other is important to them, and thus we should ignore it when neither puts much of a priority on the other. Unfortunately, this time it really bit him on the ass. Not only did the Interlude take time away from the 'main' story development at a particularly important time, but it wound up undercutting the importance of the character it was supposed to be reinforcing.

That sounds nice, but is there any evidence that actually supports it?

Zoey has no introspection throughout the Interlude and as a result her entire relationship with the MC now looks shallow. She walked away from him to pursue her dream, tried to distance herself based on the advice of a relative stranger, and never reconsidered that policy until she was on the train back home. When Bret asks her what's wrong near the end of the Interlude, Zoey talks first about money, then about not liking the surfer life as she expected, and finally of letting her grandma down.

The MC is a not mentioned. He's not even alluded to until that scene on the train - and even that is too ambiguous for my taste. Her talk is entirely of 'home,' and when she gets home the first thing we see her do is hug her mother. We don't see her try to contact the MC until after she's flopped on her bed and looked at the photo of her grandma. Given that Zoey earlier mentioned how she'd been talking to her mother more than the MC, this reinforces the notion that her feelings for him were an afterthought. I don't think this is what DPC intended and I'm not saying you have to share my interpretation of events, but IMHO the game just doesn't back up the notion that Zoey's relationship with the MC was anything more than a crush.

I'm serious when I say the main girls have blown past her in terms of intimacy with the MC. We'd have been so much better off if DPC had left her time in San Diego up to our imagination and introduced Zoey when the MC met her again in Season 3. :(

WastedEfforts

Jan 23, 2020
Its not really forced as you don't need to play the interlude. Plus if she does have a path in the upcoming events I'm sure you will have to option to say no to her and she will just be a part of the story like the other girls you reject.
Plus a game adding new paths so far down the line is surely a good thing, and Zoey was clearly on a path at some point of the MC's life.
Up to you if you want to continue that path or not, some will some won't
Obviously you will have the option to not pursue Zoey. I just find it irritating that she will be another third wheel in relationships, when it's not needed. Sure she played major role in MC life, but it's over now. MC having crush at Josy already negates Zoey romance anyway, unless DPC forces MC into romancing her (aka Maya#2).
Although it's gonna be interesting what DPC will do with her, especially since you can shape her character, yet still it feels like a waste to give her more screen time at the expense of other characters.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
when u guys play multiple paths, u usually read all the dialogues again or just skip to the different for the path ?
When the new chapter arrives I do a new run and if I don't start at the very beginning I start from the first chapters anyway, often from the third, and read almost everything except Lynette's diary and other moments that I find boring.

Otherwise I only reread the dialogues related to the characters that interest me in that run

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
However, wouldn't pulling a cousin thing out of DPC's ass be effectively running against this core message of the game? The message seems to be that you can create the family you lack, by caring about people who care about you, even when there's no blood ties. Having someone from the cast suddenly turn out to be MC's relative so "they have more family"... well, it just doesn't accomplish anything in this regard, and the intended message is stronger when the characters aren't actually related.

Which is why i don't think the "MC is from money" is a thing that has much legs, or is ever going to be a reveal. The MC's family from his mother's side hasn't given two shits about the MC for 19 years and counting. Short of looking for a kidney donor it'd be weird for them to suddenly change the tune.
The MC will have more than enough heirs. So from Neil we know that Lynette's father is filthy rich. However, Neil revealed something else. Lynette was an only child. So Neil said that the inheritance would be divided among the family. But there were only the grandparents and the MC himself, no one else. Unless the grandparents divorced and the grandmother married another Reichsman. That rules out a Burgmeister and/or Royce anyway, because the other members of those families are older than the MC.

So I just have to write that.

But there is still at least one family that could be in question. Actually even 2 families, but I only have the name of the one family. Smith. Isabella was a student at another college. Smith & Readme. The "Readme" is silly. But this college could also have been founded by 2 rich families.

But what I also find interesting is what about Neil's family. The MC has no family connections from this site. Neil certainly didn't fall from the sky, but the MC knows nothing about his paternal grandparents. There could also be a surprise waiting for us.

ebenammi

Jun 26, 2018
Dear lord threads like this should have something like a stickied post that shows the latest information on the next release date. I hate digging for one piece of information buried under a mountain of... whatever warrants literally thousands of pages of neverending discussion.

Or better yet, let's have separate discussion and dev update threads because this is ridiculous.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Zoey has no introspection throughout the Interlude and as a result her entire relationship with the MC now looks shallow. She walked away from him to pursue her dream, tried to distance herself based on the advice of a relative stranger, and never reconsidered that policy until she was on the train back home. When Bret asks her what's wrong near the end of the Interlude, Zoey talks first about money, then about not liking the surfer life as she expected, and finally of letting her grandma down.

The MC is a not mentioned. He's not even alluded to until that scene on the train - and even that is too ambiguous for my taste. Her talk is entirely of 'home,' and when she gets home the first thing we see her do is hug her mother. We don't see her try to contact the MC until after she's flopped on her bed and looked at the photo of her grandma. Given that Zoey earlier mentioned how she'd been talking to her mother more than the MC, this reinforces the notion that her feelings for him were an afterthought. I don't think this is what DPC intended and I'm not saying you have to share my interpretation of events, but IMHO the game just doesn't back up the notion that Zoey's relationship with the MC was anything more than a crush.

I'm serious when I say the main girls have blown past her in terms of intimacy with the MC. We'd have been so much better off if DPC had left her time in San Diego up to our imagination and introduced Zoey when the MC met her again in Season 3. :(
In all your thinking, you're forgetting one thing. Zoey and the MC were best friends for years.

I personally have 2 really good friends since I was in kindergarten. I sometimes don't talk to them for 1-2 years. But we are still friends and help each other out or sometimes meet up after 2 years. You should differentiate if someone is a buddy or a real friend.

This brings me back to Zoey. What if Zoey just wants her best friend back and not her fuck buddy?

And it doesn't matter what everyone thinks about Interlude either. DPC created it and Zoey was thus integrated into the wider story. There's nothing any of us can do about that anyway.:rolleyes:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Dear lord threads like this should have something like a stickied post that shows the latest information on the next release date. I hate digging for one piece of information buried under a mountain of... whatever warrants literally thousands of pages of neverending discussion.

Or better yet, let's have separate discussion and dev update threads because this is ridiculous.
You can follow N7 , he is the one posting the updates, most of the times.

oliverdavis

Aug 31, 2022
I agree with you. The MC's reaction when Neil calls still implies something. My first impression was that the MC already knows something about Zoey before Neil calls. Somehow you get the feeling that the MC is not surprised that Zoey is back, but that she is back sooner than he thought.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
6 months is the length of time it had been since the MC's last message with Zoey when he told Bella about her in Episode 3. From the Interlude, we know that must have happened a relatively short time before Zoey's confrontation with Emma; Zoey talked about going 'weeks' without contacting the MC in the prior scene, not months. And it's been roughly a month since Episode 3 (though the MC has had a new phone for most of that time).

The problem is that Zoey's stated reason for limiting her contact with the MC was to help him strike out on his own, which was based on Bret's advice. But after the confrontation with Emma Zoey learned that advice turned out to be a mistake. Yet she never rethought her decision with regard to the MC; instead she sat on her ass until she ran out of money and HAD to go home.

That's the problem with the Interlude. DPC presents it as Zoey coming to recognize her feelings for the MC, but what he actually showed us was Zoey killing time with her friends until she had no other choice. Sure, she thinks highly of the MC from time to time, but as they say actions speak louder than words. The Interlude isn't about the MC, and as a result Zoey doesn't come across as being motivated by him, either.

DPC has a bad habit of relying on informed attributes rather than reflecting those attributes in game (sort of like how Sage is allegedly surprised if the MC rejects her despite her love life being nothing but rejection). The MC and Zoey say the other is important to them, and thus we should ignore it when neither puts much of a priority on the other. Unfortunately, this time it really bit him on the ass. Not only did the Interlude take time away from the 'main' story development at a particularly important time, but it wound up undercutting the importance of the character it was supposed to be reinforcing.

That sounds nice, but is there any evidence that actually supports it?

I saw it a little differently.

The common misconception that Zoey walked away from the mc to chase her dreams often clouds a lot of impressions of her.

If anything, Zoey took the mc for granted, and while she hoped he would travel with her to San Diego, when he decided to stay Zoey believed it was only temporary, she totally believed he was going to come and join her later on. She definitely saw the mc as part of her life long term, even if she wasn’t thinking romantically.

From her perspective, they were best friends but he started distancing himself from her. From his perspective, when she left he realised they were more than best friends, and it hurt that she left. The mc started to sulk a bit, sending terse, uninterested messages, Zoey doesn't get it why he was acting that way.

Then Bret helps her realise the mc thought of their relationship as more than just best friends, and then he gave her the shit advice of distancing herself from him. So they kinda drifted apart. Him sulking, and her thinking that avoiding him would be for the best.

It's only been several months, so it's not like irreparable damage has been done, and when they meet up, they can talk it out and understand how each other feel. They'll fuck, and then we can start making decisions, just be friends with Zoey, be fuck buddies with Zoey, or ditch all the other LIs and ride the blue-haired babe off into the sunset. :love:

DPC has set this up that the mc is hurt by Zoey's actions and Zoey didn't mean to hurt him. It won't take long before they patch things up. But what he's done with the Interlude is put Zoey front and centre in people's minds. We know Zoey's return is gonna be significant.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I saw it a little differently.

The common misconception that Zoey walked away from the mc to chase her dreams often clouds a lot of impressions of her.

If anything, Zoey took the mc for granted, and while she hoped he would travel with her to San Diego, when he decided to stay Zoey believed it was only temporary, she totally believed he was going to come and join her later on. She definitely saw the mc as part of her life long term, even if she wasn’t thinking romantically.

From her perspective, they were best friends but he started distancing himself from her. From his perspective, when she left he realised they were more than best friends, and it hurt that she left. The mc started to sulk a bit, sending terse, uninterested messages, Zoey doesn't get it why he was acting that way.

Then Bret helps her realise the mc thought of their relationship as more than just best friends, and then he gave her the shit advice of distancing herself from him. So they kinda drifted apart. Him sulking, and her thinking that avoiding him would be for the best.

It's only been several months, so it's not like irreparable damage has been done, and when they meet up, they can talk it out and understand how each other feel. They'll fuck, and then we can start making decisions, just be friends with Zoey, be fuck buddies with Zoey, or ditch all the other LIs and ride the blue-haired babe off into the sunset. :love:

DPC has set this up that the mc is hurt by Zoey's actions and Zoey didn't mean to hurt him. It won't take long before they patch things up. But what he's done with the Interlude is put Zoey front and centre in people's minds. We know Zoey's return is gonna be significant.
:unsure::unsure:

Are you trying to argue that zoey's hope that mc would drop everything to reach her made any sense at all? That it is therefore fundamentally mc who has failed zoey's expectations?

What the hell was mc doing in San Diego? The king of simp?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes