Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
And my dislike of Quinn is not by design, or at least not all of it. I hate Tybalt, Dawe, and other characters for the reasons that you are meant to hate them. But I hate Quinn for two reasons. First is for the intended reasons, which is that she treats you and your friends like shit. But the second is because she's unnaturally protected by the writer from any type of attempts at retaliation or obstruction.
Nobody hates Tybalt and Dawe. Nobody hates a retard.

Regarding Quinn: I guess nothing really bad has happened to her (a knife in her stomach, a bullet, jail and so on) yet because BaDIK is fiction.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Yes, the Jill or Sage or Others choice is unattainable, you'd always get the Sage or Others choice first. Checked 0.8.2 & 0.8.3 (the choice logic is the same).

I've also confirmed this via console-fu, when meeting the conditions for the Jill or Sage or Others choice you get the Sage or Others choice instead.
Thanks for having double-checked; I'm sure it's a bug, given the way the code uses a specific condition. If it doesn't change anything about the possible relationship with Jill (since she would have declined the main character's proposal at the restaurant), it deprives the player of that extra scene.
The Official Walkthrough tells that you can't get "others" if you get "Jill" or "Josy & Maya":

"The choices you can pick between, depending on your history with the girls, are:

Josy & Maya: You have to be in their relationship to be able to choose this.
Isabella: You have to be dating her to be able to choose this.
Sage: You have to be her fuck buddy or fucked her in episode 7 to be able to choose this.
Jill: If you were invited to dinner with her friends, this will be an option. It may also be an option in other rare cases, but if you didn’t get invited to dinner, she will reject you if you choose to be with her.

Others: This option is only available if you aren’t in Josy’s and Maya’s relationship and don’t have a successful relationship with Jill. Choosing that none of the other girls are right for you will cause you to reject any main girl relationships and stay friends with them."

(pp. 119-120)

"Jill" and/or "Josy & Maya" = NO "others".

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
The Official Walkthrough tells that you can't get "others" if you get "Jill" or "Josy & Maya":

"The choices you can pick between, depending on your history with the girls, are:

Sage: You have to be her fuck buddy or fucked her in episode 7 to be able to choose this.
Jill: If you were invited to dinner with her friends, this will be an option. It may also be an option in other rare cases, but if you didn’t get invited to dinner, she will reject you if you choose to be with her.

Others: This option is only available if you aren’t in Josy’s and Maya’s relationship and don’t have a successful relationship with Jill. Choosing that none of the other girls are right for you will cause you to reject any main girl relationships and stay friends with them."

(pp. 119-120)

For others you have to be Dik yes or yes and if you want to be Chik with others you don't have to have a relationship with anyone but this is an achievement that few have managed to be faithful to Zoey :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

skc0110

Nov 18, 2021
I'm listing all the possible choices during the crossroads calculation in episode 8 (when the player has to select a path) but I'm lost in the intricacies of DrPinkCake's code.

Theoretically, there is a line for the outcome "Sage" + "Jill" + "Others"; but in practice it never executes because another set of conditions takes precedence and results in "Sage" + "Others".

I would be grateful to those who are familiar with the code to confirm this point. It could be a bug because the outcomes "Jill" + "Others" and "Jill" exist independently of each other. Thanks!
Since your doing this, you might be the one to answer a question I have: I want a playthrough/save where Jill rejects the MC at the Tybalt dinner. Anything I do to get Jill to reject me just prevents her from being an option at the Dik table, and whenever she become a viable choice she says yes to the mc. I thought affinity would be the easiest way to get her to say no, but at the end of ep7 you need neutral to keep her as an option 7D to 6C, and after 2 Dik choices in ep 8 I am now permanent neutral with 2 chick bars left 9D to 6C. Then I tried just helping sick Sage and in those runs Jill is never an option at the ep 8 table.

What is the chain of events/affinity/status I need to keep her an option and yet reject me.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Josy forced herself on me, I was powerless. God is my witness, I tried...
Not sure if sarcasm but will reply in the vein of you being serious.

AFAIK that is the only forced sexual situation, at least in my playthrough. I'm not too fond of the rape aspect in VNs, so having the MC be sexually assaulted by her was rather off putting for me, regardless of her intentions. I've gone the celibate route while pursuing Jill after that scene. It's funny that I'm generally fine with polyamory but in these VNs, I like the one girl for the MC routes.

Can't start Episode 8 though as I crash after the E7 overview. Really not keen on redownloading the game again, even compressed, to continue the story so I'll likely wait for the 1.0 release in a year or two. Will give me plenty of time to forget details while I play the route again.

Edit: I was actually annoyed that there wasn't the option to get out of her dorm ASAP or to not remain friends with her after you finally confront her and Josy together, at least on the Chick path. Having been a male victim of sexual assault at a young age, I really hated how laid back MC's attitude with her was. Maybe I needed to be an asshole to her more after that.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021
I agree that the Zoey story in Interlude is quite ridiculous, a horny and sexually active girl goes to live among surf dudes and becomes suddenly a nun while dating a gay. That's going too low in the story credibility, it's not really pleasing (I found it very boring actually).

I don't think DPC has done this narrative choice for generically pleasing the player (many of us don't mind seeing normal sexual behaviour in a fictional story), but instead protect the most sensible and emotional players, because many would be hurt emotionally if an attractive girl has sexual interactions outside the MC. And they are very vocal about that, when it happens.
So DPC lowers the bar of the narration, avoiding problematic content to accommodate as many customers as possible. It's a safe marketing choice at the expense of narrative quality. He wants to maximize his audience (and earnings) and I cannot really blame him for that, he knows that repeating the success of BaD will be very difficult with the next game, because the VN market now is much more crowded then when he started BaD.
Yeah that was the point! She could be fucking around but she didn't to keep her likable for mc( player ) and that would add ntr and i hate ntr.

Zoey pays for her holidays with her grandmother's money, the job only serves to prolong them.

Zoey's request is immature and selfish, and she doesn't seem to realise it yet, and thank God Mc doesn't follow her.
Just before she was leaving Sd. She say she ran out of grand mother money so mc staying there is possible if he started a business of fucking milfs and I would love that in game
:cautious::LOL:

After reading my comment . . .you to me ; what is wrong with you man .:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2022
Zoey's an immature teenager...
I think the point about the characters being very young and immature, tends to leave people's minds very quickly even though it's right in front of our eyes. A massive credit to DPC's writing, but let's be real most of the people in this story aren't mentally adults yet.

Love crazy teenagers always tend to act and think in a wacky manner.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Nobody hates Tybalt and Dawe. Nobody hates a retard.
The hell I don't! I realize their situation is almost 100% of the time not their fault, but it doesn't make me like them any more. Specifically, I mean retards in general, not Tybalt and Dawe. T&D are both actively assholes, they get the hate they deserve.
What is the chain of events/affinity/status I need to keep her an option and yet reject me.
Have DIK affinity, she will reject you, no question. Or take care of Sage when she's sick. Guaranteed rejection.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
The hell I don't! I realize their situation is almost 100% of the time not their fault, but it doesn't make me like them any more. Specifically, I mean retards in general, not Tybalt and Dawe. T&D are both actively assholes, they get the hate they deserve.
Have DIK affinity, she will reject you, no question. Or take care of Sage when she's sick. Guaranteed rejection.
The chain of event/factors is a bit nebulous but in both cases you mention she can reject you even before the dinner with Tybalt.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Homemade

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
In all your thinking, you're forgetting one thing. Zoey and the MC were best friends for years.

I personally have 2 really good friends since I was in kindergarten. I sometimes don't talk to them for 1-2 years. But we are still friends and help each other out or sometimes meet up after 2 years. You should differentiate if someone is a buddy or a real friend.

This brings me back to Zoey. What if Zoey just wants her best friend back and not her fuck buddy?
Yes, we're told many times she's the MC's BFF. But again, what we're shown falls a bit short of that: she insisted the MC do whatever she wanted and he indulged her. She didn't spend much time thinking about the MC (with the exception of one particular part of his anatomy); as I said, even at the end of the Interlude the MC came second to her previously estranged mom.

Now I'm not saying that's an unrealistic relationship, nor even that it's a "bad" one. What I'm saying is that it's difficult to treat that relationship with any importance when we've seen the MC forge much stronger friendships with the LIs (and a few side-girls) in just a couple months. Not only are those relationships much more dynamic, we got to see them *onscreen* over the course of ~3 [real world] years, whereas Zoey's lukewarm friendship was crammed into an hour long digression.

Again, this doesn't mean Zoey is a bad character by any means, but I think it's definitely setting her up to fail. The way her return was framed requires that she have a huge impact on the MC's mindset, but for most players her return will be much less weighty. That's a terrible situation to be in.

And it doesn't matter what everyone thinks about Interlude either. DPC created it and Zoey was thus integrated into the wider story. There's nothing any of us can do about that anyway.:rolleyes:
Yes, believe it or not I realize I can't unmake the Interlude by critiquing it on the internet. I'm merely noting it was a net negative for the game (IMHO, of course).

I saw it a little differently.

The common misconception that Zoey walked away from the mc to chase her dreams often clouds a lot of impressions of her.

If anything, Zoey took the mc for granted, and while she hoped he would travel with her to San Diego, when he decided to stay Zoey believed it was only temporary, she totally believed he was going to come and join her later on. She definitely saw the mc as part of her life long term, even if she wasn’t thinking romantically.

From her perspective, they were best friends but he started distancing himself from her. From his perspective, when she left he realised they were more than best friends, and it hurt that she left. The mc started to sulk a bit, sending terse, uninterested messages, Zoey doesn't get it why he was acting that way.

Then Bret helps her realise the mc thought of their relationship as more than just best friends, and then he gave her the shit advice of distancing herself from him. So they kinda drifted apart. Him sulking, and her thinking that avoiding him would be for the best.

It's only been several months, so it's not like irreparable damage has been done, and when they meet up, they can talk it out and understand how each other feel. They'll fuck, and then we can start making decisions, just be friends with Zoey, be fuck buddies with Zoey, or ditch all the other LIs and ride the blue-haired babe off into the sunset. :love:

DPC has set this up that the mc is hurt by Zoey's actions and Zoey didn't mean to hurt him. It won't take long before they patch things up. But what he's done with the Interlude is put Zoey front and centre in people's minds. We know Zoey's return is gonna be significant.
Again, I'm sure that was the intent but it's not conveyed very well. We see the MC being terse in a few texts, but we never had a baseline to compare it to so it's hard to say if he's upset or just laconic; some of his texts in the main game can be short, too. Other than that we just get Zoey's monologue about how she's started going days without talking to the MC. Moreover, the story is missing the natural capstone where Zoey realizes the MC was right and she had been wrong to run off like that. DPC left all of her introspection up to our imaginations. Meanwhile what he actually showed was Zoey distancing herself from the MC in favor of goofing off with her new friends until the money ran out. :rolleyes:

As I mentioned before, Zoey repairing her relationship with her mom is an explicit plot point; why leave her relationship with the MC completely unexplored? It defeats the purpose of the Interlude because now we're going to have to rehash all this ground in the main game when the two finally meet. That means Zoey's return probably won't have the significance DPC needs it to, and DPC has only himself to blame for that.

skc0110

Nov 18, 2021
Why do wish to suffer ? :cry:

I'd like to see how that save plays out in ch9/Season 3. Does it just auto default to others? Can we rehook up with Sage or Bella? Does Jill tell M&J that we tried to dump them in secret blowing up the throuple?

I have saves for most options sage, bella, jill, M/J, J focused, M focused, others, sage where I banged jade and burke has the vid, ect.... but not this one.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Yes, we're told many times she's the MC's BFF. But again, what we're shown falls a bit short of that: she insisted the MC do whatever she wanted and he indulged her. She didn't spend much time thinking about the MC (with the exception of one particular part of his anatomy); as I said, even at the end of the Interlude the MC came second to her previously estranged mom.

Now I'm not saying that's an unrealistic relationship, nor even that it's a "bad" one. What I'm saying is that it's difficult to treat that relationship with any importance when we've seen the MC forge much stronger friendships with the LIs (and a few side-girls) in just a couple months. Not only are those relationships much more dynamic, we got to see them *onscreen* over the course of ~3 [real world] years, whereas Zoey's lukewarm friendship was crammed into an hour long digression.

Again, this doesn't mean Zoey is a bad character by any means, but I think it's definitely setting her up to fail. The way her return was framed requires that she have a huge impact on the MC's mindset, but for most players her return will be much less weighty. That's a terrible situation to be in.

Yes, believe it or not I realize I can't unmake the Interlude by critiquing it on the internet. I'm merely noting it was a net negative for the game (IMHO, of course).

Again, I'm sure that was the intent but it's not conveyed very well. We see the MC being terse in a few texts, but we never had a baseline to compare it to so it's hard to say if he's upset or just laconic; some of his texts in the main game can be short, too. Other than that we just get Zoey's monologue about how she's started going days without talking to the MC. Moreover, the story is missing the natural capstone where Zoey realizes the MC was right and she had been wrong to run off like that. DPC left all of her introspection up to our imaginations. Meanwhile what he actually showed was Zoey distancing herself from the MC in favor of goofing off with her new friends until the money ran out. :rolleyes:

As I mentioned before, Zoey repairing her relationship with her mom is an explicit plot point; why leave her relationship with the MC completely unexplored? It defeats the purpose of the Interlude because now we're going to have to rehash all this ground in the main game when the two finally meet. That means Zoey's return probably won't have the significance DPC needs it to, and DPC has only himself to blame for that.
Although a lot of us jump to the conclusion that Zoey is coming back for the mc, it's not explicitly stated. She talks about home blindness or whatever the fuck, but it's ambiguous as fuck.

My guess is that it leaves things open for different possibilities when she reunites with the mc. We don't know what she's expecting or intending on her return, and I'm fairly confident she'll be weaved into the plot, but whether she just looking to go back home where life was good, or whether she's got feelings for the mc, it could be either or both.

I do recall you could make the mc all sad and shit in his responses to Zoey, or make him enthusiastic for her experiences. Not sure if the responses factor in to anything.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
You're still Jill's friend when not on her path so I'm guessing Bianca may be more of an "others" choice if you helped Jill with the recital
SECURITY: "Excuse me Sir, the manager has asked to see your ID. The person with your name usually has a GIF in their sig of The Hulk banging some lady super hero." :LOL:

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017

(pp. 119-120)

Since your doing this, you might be the one to answer a question I have: I want a playthrough/save where Jill rejects the MC at the Tybalt dinner.

[...]

It is conceivable to have both options "Jill" + "Others", the code exists for this precise situation and these choices are obtained by tweaking some variables. In practice now, I think that they would be presented at crossroads if we activate only the first level of relationship with Jill, without any other love interest, so the main character is not invited to Bianca's house. Of course, this does not fit a successful relationship and he gets rejected eventually.

Both options enabled.jpg

I presume DrPinkCake wanted to create a similar situation which could include a relationship with Sage only if the main character became her sex friend in episode 7 ("Sage" + "Jill" + "Others"). The code is here too, but not executed.

Finally, the official walkthrough regularly omits information, even points awarded in the conversations. Hence my interest in the game code.

Reactions: Meushi and ename144

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
I think the point about the characters being very young and immature, tends to leave people's minds very quickly even though it's right in front of our eyes. A massive credit to DPC's writing, but let's be real most of the people in this story aren't mentally adults yet.

Love crazy teenagers always tend to act and think in a wacky manner.
And I totally agree here. Beside the older LI in the game, the older students are 20-21 (like Sage, Heather, Rusty, Tommy, ambiguous for Lily, etc.), while most are between 18 and 20.

I'm -way- older than that, but I remember that I didn't know what I wanted when I was that age.

And I think that's one of the points of BaDIK, they don't know what they're doing...

Zoey was the first best friend the MC ever had, and I think it was likewise for Zoey, they discovered their puberty and sexuality together, for a span between 4 to 6 years, they were each other's LI, but they didn't know what they were doing... before she left cause she didn't know what to do with her life, she wanted the MC to come with her, because she couldn't see it otherwise. The MC didn't know how to react, but he wanted to finish school, so he stayed behind... you can see in Interlude how Zoey thought she had it all figured, going to chase her dream, while in reality she didn't know what she was doing at all, moreover, she left the one she finally figured she loved behind, and they even cut their contacts... while the MC 'got over it' and tried for something else instead.

They didn't know what they were doing, of course, they were 18 when Zoey left.

Same pattern comes back with the throuple, Josy got a crush on the MC because she didn't know how to repair the gap between her and Maya, and the MC made her feel good again. Maya developed feelings for the MC, but didn't understand why cause she thought she was lesbian (just to clarify, a real lesbian couldn't fuck a man without help, in Ep8 she doesn't need that help, beside alcool, at the dorm, my little brother is gay and before he admitted it when he was 18, he tried a couple times with girls, never worked) and went on because the MC made her feel good. And then when the MC and Maya/Josy choose to try something, they admittedly don't know what they're doing, but they try it anyway.

Sage was scared to date the MC because she doesn't know what a real relationship is and didn't want to lose him. Her family is fucked up and she doesn't know how to deal with her feelings.

Jill doesn't know what dating is at all, and never had any sexual experience. She was always imposed things, she never really decided on her own, for her own life.

Quinn (bla bla bla I hate her bla bla bla, get over it thanks) doesn't know what healthy feelings are at all, fucked up upbringing, dead father, wrecked mother who doesn't recognize her anymore... she doesn't know anything about dating, at all either.

Derek seems to have an answer to everything, but the rare occasions where he isn't goofing around, you see he doesn't have a clue about what he's supposed to do, his feelings for Ashley being the first major thing.

And so on and on and on...

They're between 18-22 for the most part, of course they don't know.

One thing though, brought that aspect a couple times already, but the MC is an introvert, the way he process information, the way he's pretty much always listening and in his head more than talking and being the center of attention. Maya is an introvert, Sage also is (yeah she's partying without problems, but most of the time, she's alone), Bella is, too. I'm an introvert, I'm sure there are introverts here, heck I'm sure DPC is an introvert himself, an extrovert can't really know how an introvert works inside (not a knock on extrovert, just to be sure).

Where I'm going with that, is what Zoey represents to the MC. When he told his backstory to Bella, while I wasn't bullied like he was nor was as dirt poor, I understood what he went through. When someone, like Zoey, comes into your life as a youngster, and manages to get you out of your bubble, that person suddenly becomes -very- meaningful.

She meant the world to him.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Zoey is a reference to one of DPCs own childhood friend/crush, that he went through something similar the MC lived. He worked way too much on her for her to just be an afterthought in the MCs life.

That's why he had an existential crisis on that bench, when she left.

That's also why he had an existential crisis when Neil called him at the end of the Interlude.

He just made a choice, but the 'love of his life', who left about 6 months ago, is coming back, a recent past which hurt him (because of a huge misunderstanding), but someone he just can't brush off, even with the choice he made.

Cause let's be honest, as its been said since the start, teens don't know what they're doing.

Zoey will be the test of his young life so far.

Last edited:

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
When Jill asks "Are you a God?", you say YES!

Who ya gonna call?

Not sure if sarcasm but will reply in the vein of you being serious.

AFAIK that is the only forced sexual situation, at least in my playthrough. I'm not too fond of the rape aspect in VNs, so having the MC be sexually assaulted by her was rather off putting for me, regardless of her intentions. I've gone the celibate route while pursuing Jill after that scene. It's funny that I'm generally fine with polyamory but in these VNs, I like the one girl for the MC routes.

Can't start Episode 8 though as I crash after the E7 overview. Really not keen on redownloading the game again, even compressed, to continue the story so I'll likely wait for the 1.0 release in a year or two. Will give me plenty of time to forget details while I play the route again.

Edit: I was actually annoyed that there wasn't the option to get out of her dorm ASAP or to not remain friends with her after you finally confront her and Josy together, at least on the Chick path. Having been a male victim of sexual assault at a young age, I really hated how laid back MC's attitude with her was. Maybe I needed to be an asshole to her more after that.

Uhhh....

I think you're a bit mixed up there, Jon.

Maya and Josy are confused.gif

Unless you're a Dalli protégé...

1660581823551.png

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes