scarp1

Aug 22, 2020
I didn't play many VN or AVN, but from what I gathered DIK is not like the others.
Zoey incoming forced drama is just Maya #2. It's not needed and doesn't fit into many paths.
Its not really forced as you don't need to play the interlude. Plus if she does have a path in the upcoming events I'm sure you will have to option to say no to her and she will just be a part of the story like the other girls you reject.
Plus a game adding new paths so far down the line is surely a good thing, and Zoey was clearly on a path at some point of the MC's life.
Up to you if you want to continue that path or not, some will some won't

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
You make it sound as if I'm suggesting an actual harem route which would imply you haven't actually read what I've written.
What you're suggesting is the girls should ignore the MC is sleeping with a number of them at the same time, which is effectively what harem route is.

Incidentally, "the girls weren't complaining about the situation" is ignoring there's already situations where learning you've been sleeping with someone (else) shuts down a route or generates a clearly negative reaction. It's not sustainable long term, something the MC realizes.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Or - crazy idea here - give players the option to skip the ridiculous selection of an exclusive route and instead continue as is? The girls weren't complaining about the situation after all so why should you make such a choice? You make it sound as if I'm suggesting an actual harem route which would imply you haven't actually read what I've written.
That's not really true.
-Sage is really the only one which is ok with the current situation
-m/j are clearly not happy if u still date Jill for example
-Jill isn't happy at all with the current situation
-Bella's path closses if u fool around with Cathy, doubtful it would better if she finds out about others, it's already complicated enough with her entire situation

All of the main girls are getting closer/friends with each other, which makes dating multiple of them a bad idea, even our MC realizes that this is not sustainable any longer.

The only really dumb decision is ending the Sage fuckbuddy arrangement if u choose the others path, makes absolutely no sense...

If u don't want go exclusive go for others, has the best girls like Nicole, Lily, Camila etc.

Last edited:

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Does anyone know how to enable the console and reverse the part of taking a snap shot of my dick on Tybalt's phone?

I'm in Episode 7 and at some presentation where Tybalt shows that snap shot and ruins my chance w/ Jill when Sage and Josy recognize the penis in shot.

Thanks in advance
See, Someone is fucking with the MC and Tybalt there....Because if Tybalt had put together that slide show himself, he wouldn't have included Karma's Third Leg, and the MC clearly didn't put together the presentation. So, I see that as evidence that Tybalt is cheating and paying someone to put together his presentation (probably Magnar or someone else with the Nerds), and they are using as a way to fuck with Tybalt and the MC.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I think that 'rebound guy' discussion spoiled that, unfortunately...
Ah yes, that nonsensical discussion...
Still, if the MC didn't end it i doubt Sage would have much of a problem to let things as they are for the time being.
Would have been nice and offered a chance for a relationship with her at a later point.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I was momentarily tempted to say that this is the single most pathetic post I've ever read on here, but then I remembered that I've already read pretty much everything you've written here several times before. It's basically the standard boiler plate reaction for Quinn's fans who can't stand it when someone dares to say anything negative about their precious waifu. They angrily lash out with bunch of ad hominem attacks and straw-man arguments, usually about how people who don't like Quinn just can't handle anything that isn't pure sunshine and rainbows because they are not only too soft to enjoy a villain, but also too stupid to understand why anyone else would like one either. And like the others before you, you're wrong on both counts.

You like bad girls? Fine, I get it. There's games where I've sided them. But this ain't one of them. Quinn sucks.

Quinn isn't hated for being a villain. She's hated for being a terribly written villain. A good villain is intimidating and powerful, so that the protagonist has an actual challenge to overcome. Nobody wants to see Rocky easily beat a bunch of cans, they want to see him struggle against men like Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago. They want to see Jean-Claude fight Bolo Yeung, not some asthmatic kid with scoliosis. And they want it to be a long hard fight where the protagonist has to endure setbacks and hardships. And it doesn't have to be a physical fight either. It's just as much fun to see a prolonged game of cat and mouse unfold between two opponents trying to out wit one another, like Edmund and Fernand in the Count of Monte Cristo. But we don't have that here.

Quinn is embarrassingly incompetent. She makes one unforced error after another, and it's made all the worse by how easy she's had it. She was lucky enough to start with Sage's trust, Riona's advice, and help from Camilla, Mona, and Tommy. Quinn gets caught lying to Sage twice, ignores Riona's advice, hits and insults Riona, betrays Tommy and Camilla, and puts Mona in over her head. And she doesn't even turn a profit on it since she isn't selling what the preps were buying and also got jumped like a punk. Sage is now becoming friends with Maya, who Quinn had been obsessively tormenting, while Riona is now becoming close friends with Camilla (which could lead to both of them ditching Quinn). She burned her bridge with Tommy, and lost Mona. And what role has the main character played in all of this? None.

The single biggest failing of this game (as far as the writing goes) has been the fact that you can't treat Quinn like the villain she is. The game simply won't give you any choice in the matter. You want to warn Maya that Quinn is having the HOTs turn tricks? Tough shit, you aren't allowed. You want to threaten Quinn to try to get her to ease up on Maya? No way, not a possibility. You want to ask Sage if she is knows about the restaurant business? Nope, you can't do that either. You can't do anything at all. This makes the main character look like a total imbecile, especially when he's romantically involved with Maya, Sage, or even Josy.

The only thing that the main character needed to do was to try. It didn't matter if he failed, as long as he failed in a way that made sense. If he told Maya what Quinn had told him about the restaurant, and Maya thought that Quinn was bullshitting him, or that the two were unrelated, she could've continued to try for the rumoured scholarship. It would've made Maya look a bit worse, but we can excuse that with her being desperate. If we had told Sage what Quinn told us, then Quinn could counter by telling Sage that we were just making this up to get back at her for pushing us out in the streets naked. This would put Sage in a bind, because she can't really turn on a HOT just on the word of a newcomer, can she? So the main plot doesn't change course, it just has Quinn and the MC look at least slightly competent.

Quinn's ineptitude prevents her from being a badass. She's just an ass. A two bit bully that targets only those who can't fight back. A coward. There is nothing impressive about her.
Quinn is a broken person, coping with her circumstances a little poorly.

Bella was somewhat broken too, alienating herself from intimacy due to a failed relationship (or worse).

Tybalt is an ineffectual buffoon, he tried to mess with the mc and lost the one thing he wanted the most (Jill, not his watermelon), and it wasn’t even the mc that caused this outcome.

Burke is a cuckolded husband who tries to make himself feel less pitiful by paying for sex with students.

Dawe is a tiny man compared to his peers, both is stature and cock size, his girlfriend openly humiliates him.

Chad is a gay man surrounded by homophobes.

There are no “badasses” in this game, just flawed characters. No ultimate villains, no serious goals, just a bunch of different people in a somewhat typical environment coping in their own ways.

Quinn is not a nice person, that’s a given, she treats her friends poorly and others with contempt, she does this to boost her own sense of self worth, but in the long run it isn’t going to make her happy. She follows silly rules (like no sleepovers) to try to avoid intimacy (fucking she’s fine with). She’s only hurting herself with all this nonsense.

Quinn hasn’t been “terribly written”, it’s clear she has a lot of fans, we all have different interests in this game, and she appeals to a lot of people, and she repels a lot of people. That’s by design.

If you’re looking for the criminal mastermind, ultimate evil character, you’re probably not gonna find it in this game, this isn’t some Marvel Universe good vs evil story, it’s just a soft-hearted, big-dicked dude going to college and dealing with stuff, meeting (and meating) all kinds of people on the way.

Maybe Vinny will turn out to be a little more dastardly, but I personally hope he doesn’t turn out to be some cardboard cutout bad guy with no humanity.

One of the best things about this game is that the characters are just flawed people. It makes us care for them, rather than just want to jerk off to some big titted pictures. Of course, certain flaws repel certain people, and that’s just fine, if we were all the same, this world would be very boring…

GameRebel

Mar 29, 2020
The mod allows you to see both, but the renpy code is an either/or it doesn't allow HelpSage and JillPicnic to be set to true without crashing the game.
Thanks! I'll need to go back to my save from that spot if I want to see the Jill scene. Quick question, is the Jill deflowering scene at the end of Ep7 or in Ep8?

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Thanks! I'll need to go back to my save from that spot if I want to see the Jill scene. Quick question, is the Jill deflowering scene at the end of Ep7 or in Ep8?
Ep 8. As someone who entirely ignored Jill the whole time until ep 8, it was pretty cool actually trying to attempt her route for the first time instead of just putting shit on "skip" until I could get off her path. I understand why people don't like her but I feel like I warmed to the character. Maybe because I did her route in one-go from ep 1 to 8.

GameRebel

Mar 29, 2020
Ep 8. As someone who entirely ignored Jill the whole time until ep 8, it was pretty cool actually trying to attempt her route for the first time instead of just putting shit on "skip" until I could get off her path. I understand why people don't like her but I feel like I warmed to the character. Maybe because I did her route in one-go from ep 1 to 8.
Same here, I've really enjoyed her path, especially the tennis scene when knocking out Tybalt's two front teeth. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's towards the end of ep 8. After you make the decision of who you want to date.
Thanks guys, I guess I'll continue where I left off and see where things go in my current path.

Herbert1

Jul 29, 2019
That's not really true.
-Sage is really the only one which is ok with the current situation
-m/j are clearly not happy if u still date Jill for example
-Jill isn't happy at all with the current situation
-Bella's path closses if u fool around with Cathy, doubtful it would better if she finds out about others, it's already complicated enough with her entire situation

All of the main girls are getting closer/friends with each other, which makes dating multiple of them a bad idea, even our MC realizes that this is not sustainable any longer.

The only really dumb decision is ending the Sage fuckbuddy arrangement if u choose the others path, makes absolutely no sense...

If u don't want go exclusive go for others, has the best girls like Nicole, Lily, Camila etc.
m/j path is for Chicks. As a DIK you don't encounter any real problems. Jill has one moment after Tybalts presentation where she's not happy but other than that there are no issues and it's not brought up afterwards. Never fooled around with Cathy anyway because she just felt like the only non-interesting character in the game so that's one issue that's very easily avoided. Considering the fact the game has two paths, one being the beta/nice guy path where choosing 1 girl makes sense, the other being the alpha/slight asshole but not really path where choosing 1 girl when none of them have complained just doesn't make sense.

As you said the girls are becoming friends and you will eventually have to choose one. It's a valid argument. My counter is that choosing one girl will without a doubt create some serious friction between the girls which is worse than just letting the situation continue as it were.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Quinn hasn’t been “terribly written”, it’s clear she has a lot of fans, we all have different interests in this game, and she appeals to a lot of people, and she repels a lot of people. That’s by design.
Well said. These characters are, quintessentially, human. It is human nature to love and loathe things. For me, I loathe people like Quinn that hurt others to make themselves happy. That doesn't make her badly written, it makes her human. No one is perfect and some are terribly flawed. Quinn is terribly flawed and I see little in the way of redemption at this point in time. As such, I have zero interest in her because she is beyond redemption in my eyes.

Reactions: shazba

Herbert1

Jul 29, 2019
What you're suggesting is the girls should ignore the MC is sleeping with a number of them at the same time, which is effectively what harem route is.

Incidentally, "the girls weren't complaining about the situation" is ignoring there's already situations where learning you've been sleeping with someone (else) shuts down a route or generates a clearly negative reaction. It's not sustainable long term, something the MC realizes.
The only negative reactions or route blockings are for(as far as I know):

Bella if you sleep with Cathy(a very boring and frankly not very attractive character)

Quinn if you're dating Jill(unfortunate because Jill is great but sadly not worth dating on a DIK run in my experience because I'm pretty sure you need to be either neutral or Chick to choose her in the end)

Maya/Josy who you can't date anyway on a DIK run which is very unfortunate considering the reason they reject is because they don't know what the other thinks and somehow the MC doesn't think about telling them they both want it

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I think Zoey's great. Physically, she's like Jade lite to me, and she has a much deeper connection to the MC than anybody else in the game except his own father.
Um, no. Zoey's relationship with the MC turned out to be extremely shallow; she liked his dick but couldn't be bothered to contact him for ~6 months even after she realized it was a mistake to distance herself from him! Each of the main girls has already surpassed that low mark, as has Quinn if you pursue her. Hell, Riona and Lily have arguably had more meaningful conversations with him. Zoey's probably still ahead of Camila, but she'd better step up her game or that could easily change.

DPC really dropped the ball on this one.

The interlude really, I think, happened for only one reason. He had to perfect his save export/import system, make sure he could cover all the combinations of shit that could go wrong, both between player variance and the Patreon/Steam/GOG variances in save files. In order to facilitate that, throwing out a small dash of backstory gave him an excuse to release it early.
Maybe, but I'm skeptical. The Interlude barely uses any of the data it imports, so even if there were bugs how would DPC know? At best it validates the save transfer system itself, but that's the easy part his normal beta testing could test thoroughly. The real danger are the crazy eccentric combination of edge-case variables because those are the ones that are hard to test deliberately, and the Interlude is no help there.

See, Someone is fucking with the MC and Tybalt there....Because if Tybalt had put together that slide show himself, he wouldn't have included Karma's Third Leg, and the MC clearly didn't put together the presentation. So, I see that as evidence that Tybalt is cheating and paying someone to put together his presentation (probably Magnar or someone else with the Nerds), and they are using as a way to fuck with Tybalt and the MC.
Or more likely Tybalt didn't bother to double check his presentation and just uploaded all the pics from his phone because he took the photos so naturally they're perfect. Only his lessors need concern themselves with something so crass as mistakes.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes