ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
You know, as we enter September with still no release date, I'm going to go ahead and say that DPC should NOT have done the Interlude.

We didn't need it to introduce Zoey, that could all have been done with flashbacks.

It was a waste of time and resources that NO ONE asked for.
I disagree; having direct control over the character and their actions can be far more effective tool in getting the player invested in the character, than mere flashbacks where they're only a passive spectator.

It's a solid move, one that potentially lets Zoey catch up with the other characters in terms of how familiar the player is with them and/or cares about them. She'd stand very little chance without it.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
She's hated for being a terribly written villain. A good villain is intimidating and powerful, so that the protagonist has an actual challenge to overcome.
Maybe she just doesn't have the role you are giving to her. She is made to be a threat the first episodes but she quickly change to be a different thing, a cursed dramatic love, and her former role it's ocupied by different people. That's not bad writing at all.
Personally I think she is one of the best written character, specially untill ep 6.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
You know, as we enter September with still no release date, I'm going to go ahead and say that DPC should NOT have done the Interlude.

We didn't need it to introduce Zoey, that could all have been done with flashbacks.

First I've heard of this, thats why I like this thread, we are breaking new ground all the time.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022

I don't think it's only the Interlude why Ep9 is delayed, DPC also had to release Season 2 on GOG and Steam, which took some time. He also has to entertain his wife (this will take some time) and got deep into some programming stuff (the Halloween creating game).

Yes, Zoey took some time with her Interlude but there is nothing we can do, so instead of whining about the lost time i will looking forward joyful for the next Ep.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Ah shit here we go again. I hoped that the debate about the Interlude ended two or three months ago and I was already tired of explaining to skeptics its significance for the script.

First I've heard of this, thats why I like this thread, we are breaking new ground all the time.
There was a lot of drama in the comments because of the Interlude, back in the early summer it was actively going on. Some didn't like that the Interlude was the reason for the delay of Episode 9, others didn't like that we were "imposed" on an ex-girlfriend, others just didn't like her, and so on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Master5043

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

if it comes out in November it will be 8 months of waiting since the interlude, 8...

what do you want the interlude to have been? eternity minus one month always equals eternity

WastedEfforts

Jan 23, 2020

Absolutely agree.
Zoey is not needed. She was an important person to MC, so what? there's still so much you could do with characters already present without spending time and effort on including her. I dread to think that DPC would force her into relationship drama with MC and MC wouldn't just tell her to fuck off instead.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Absolutely agree.
Zoey is not needed. She was an important person to MC, so what? there's still so much you could do with characters already present without spending time and effort on including her. I dread to think that DPC would force her into relationship drama with MC and MC wouldn't just tell her to fuck off instead.
Well, as far as I know, that's DPC story, not ours.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
but for now many people don't like her addition for one reason or another. .
"many people" - and how much is that? 10, 20 or 30%? Certainly not the majority. You say that like everyone doesn't like her. But it's not. I haven't met people in the thread in recent months whining "why is this Zoey in the story", the disgruntled minority made a bit of a storm in the thread and calmed down. Everyone had already stopped crying because of the Interlude and moved on.

Reactions: Master5043

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
So what? Only time will tell if it was a right thing to include her further in the game, but for now many people don't like her addition for one reason or another. For now it looks like wasted efforts.
For many others, it doesn't.

Look, to me, she's interesting, a lot, she pretty much is the reason the MC is what he is right now, and not a dweeb or even killed himself because of him being constantly bullied. He was with her daily for about what, 4-5-6 years ? They were together, they just didn't know what they were. But I digress.

She means a lot to DPC, obviously.

And, to me anyway, that choice we made in Ep8 won't last long, I can't see DPC building 5-10 different LI paths for the remaining 2 seasons, it's just absurd, and it's an AVN, do people seriously believe the MC won't bang anyone else in the next 8 Ep ? Come on.

The Maya/Josy thing wasn't popular, and still isn't, Josy is popular but Maya is stagnating, drags the 'throuple' down. Have you seen the reaction of the MC when Neil called him about Zoey's return ? MC had an existential crisis. That's where I can't wait to see how he will present her to the MC, and what kind of interaction they will have.

DPC has to get it right from the get go, but I suppose he won't bring her with a 'boom', I'd say he'll bring her along slowly, she isn't at B&R after all.

We'll see.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Forgot to mention, since there's always the 'ghost' of Lynette's family name reveal, I think it could play a big role there, even if Bianca doesn't seem to care about names.
If, as I have expected since very early on, the MC comes from money: He will be a Burgmeister, cousin to Rusty. This is the only practical option, because DPC doesn't do incest, so he won't be a Royce, and making him wealthy without any connection to the big names of the college would be pointless, it wouldn't give him more Family, which is the core message of the game.
I can be sure that Jill's parents will go nuts when they find out who their daughter chose. And they will try to interfere. I have a very bad feeling about the Royce family. Why?... Lana
I'm waiting for the specifics about Lana. Still think she was a lesbian and that was the parent's real problem with her. As for MC, I don't think they'll really care if he comes from money or not. Anybody dedicated to a goblin run will have made a very impressive showing at the concert, which her mother definitely attended.
The mom will change her tune the moment she sees the goods.
One certainly hopes. Having her and Jill's friends lusting after your special delivery would certainly add some zest to the tail half of the game.
Want to know something funny, for the longest time, during early chapters I thought DPC intends to turn Tybalt into a Thad from Blue Mountain State. Instead we got a richer, yet more pathetic Dawe. :HideThePain:
No matter what anybody else says now, I will only hear Tybalt in my head with that high obnoxious voice. Thanks so much, you ass. ;) Though it also put the theme song right back into my brain, which is kinda sweet. I enjoyed it for some reason.
Just be a massive DIK and give her all the attention, don't even get into Sage path or anyone else (no threesome with her and Quinn), don't bang Jade, just Quinn, then in Ep8 when choosing 'Others', her face should appear, you'll be on her 'path'.
Whoa, hold on there, slim. You can absolutely have the Sage/Quinn threesome and wind up on that park bench with Quinn. You can also bang Jade if you so desire. My Quinn-aimed run did exactly that and it worked out just fine. Being a massive DIK has its advantages on occasion.
that's what everyone except shazba and achedcroissant said
these two like the cookie monster
I think Zoey's great. Physically, she's like Jade lite to me, and she has a much deeper connection to the MC than anybody else in the game except his own father.

The interlude really, I think, happened for only one reason. He had to perfect his save export/import system, make sure he could cover all the combinations of shit that could go wrong, both between player variance and the Patreon/Steam/GOG variances in save files. In order to facilitate that, throwing out a small dash of backstory gave him an excuse to release it early.

WastedEfforts

Jan 23, 2020
For many others, it doesn't.

Look, to me, she's interesting, a lot, she pretty much is the reason the MC is what he is right now, and not a dweeb or even killed himself because of him being constantly bullied. He was with her daily for about what, 4-5-6 years ? They were together, they just didn't know what they were. But I digress.

She means a lot to DPC, obviously.

And, to me anyway, that choice we made in Ep8 won't last long, I can't see DPC building 5-10 different LI paths for the remaining 2 seasons, it's just absurd, and it's an AVN, do people seriously believe the MC won't bang anyone else in the next 8 Ep ? Come on.

The Maya/Josy thing wasn't popular, and still isn't, Josy is popular but Maya is stagnating, drags the 'throuple' down. Have you seen the reaction of the MC when Neil called him about Zoey's return ? MC had an existential crisis. That's where I can't wait to see how he will present her to the MC, and what kind of interaction they will have.

DPC has to get it right from the get go, but I suppose he won't bring her with a 'boom', I'd say he'll bring her along slowly, she isn't at B&R after all.

We'll see.
I didn't play many VN or AVN, but from what I gathered DIK is not like the others.
Zoey incoming forced drama is just Maya #2. It's not needed and doesn't fit into many paths.

Vixen ♀

Dec 23, 2021
Absolutely agree.
We need AchedCroissant right here as a heavy artillery support
I think Zoey's great. Physically, she's like Jade lite to me, and she has a much deeper connection to the MC than anybody else in the game except his own father.
And... I took that personally :HideThePain:
1662060923056.gif

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes