Marley300

Jan 29, 2020
Status update Episode 9

This is the progress since Monday's delayed update.

The long 1 min 23 s animation is finally done, and I couldn't be more proud. I've put it together and added music/sound effects to it and probably watched it 20 times, smiling and thinking about how long way we've come. I never imagined I'd be able to do something like this in the past, and now it's what I want more of in the future.

3820 static renders, including the render queue, have been posed. Since Monday, I have posed around 10 animations too.

I worked on some lewd scenes that needed art, and I've also been working on renders for the episode's ending. I don't work in chronological order, though.

Yesterday, I spent all day playtesting three of the branches. I fixed errors that I spotted and made a to-do list of things that needed to be polished.

The feel of the episode is good, but it's still very rough, and it's tough getting a complete picture when many scenes are missing. I can't play everything from start to finish as the final free roam event isn't completed, and I can't test the produced scenes of the final free roam event without messing up the flow.

I will go back to making art today but seeing the current status of those three playthroughs was a good indicator. Something I liked, in particular, was how the branches felt different and unique in many areas.

I think it's safe to say that there are at least 3 hours of playtime for any given playthrough if you're not rushing through the episode. I estimate that you need at least 10 different and particular save files to see everything, which is nuts.
I played without mini-games, too, and I know that the party planning mini-game will add quite a lot of extra playtime, depending on your ambition.

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2022
I've been collecting various screenshots from the game, partly to help me remember various details as the story progresses, but also to save great scenes. This has also resulted in a couple compilations of certain characters and or other themes. I don't know if they will be of any interest to the people going through this thread, so I'll test the waters with this post. I will then possibly add other compilations at later dates, in order to not spam. Alternatively i might just upload the lot to Imgur, and drop a link and or make a post on the subreddit.

Without further ado, Comp 1: Being a twin. BT-0.png BT-1.png BT-2.png BT-3.png BT-4.png BT-5.png BT-6.jpg BT-7.jpg BT-8.jpg BT-9.jpg BT-10.png BT-11.png BT-12.png BT-13.png BT-14.png BT-15.png BT-16.jpg BT-17.jpg BT-18.jpg BT-19.jpg BT-20.jpg BT-21.jpg BT-22.jpg BT-23.jpg BT-24.jpg BT-25.jpg BT-26.jpg BT-27.jpg BT-28.jpg BT-29.jpg BT-30.jpg BT-31.jpg BT-32.jpg BT-33.jpg BT-34.jpg BT-35.png BT-36.jpg BT-37.png BT-38.jpg BT-39.jpg

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

The long 1 min 23 s animation is finally done, and I couldn't be more proud. I've put it together and added music/sound effects to it and probably watched it 20 times, smiling and thinking about how long way we've come. I never imagined I'd be able to do something like this in the past, and now it's what I want more of in the future.

3820 static renders, including the render queue, have been posed. Since Monday, I have posed around 10 animations too.

I worked on some lewd scenes that needed art, and I've also been working on renders for the episode's ending. I don't work in chronological order, though.

Yesterday, I spent all day playtesting three of the branches. I fixed errors that I spotted and made a to-do list of things that needed to be polished.

The feel of the episode is good, but it's still very rough, and it's tough getting a complete picture when many scenes are missing. I can't play everything from start to finish as the final free roam event isn't completed, and I can't test the produced scenes of the final free roam event without messing up the flow.

I will go back to making art today but seeing the current status of those three playthroughs was a good indicator. Something I liked, in particular, was how the branches felt different and unique in many areas.

I think it's safe to say that there are at least 3 hours of playtime for any given playthrough if you're not rushing through the episode. I estimate that you need at least 10 different and particular save files to see everything, which is nuts.
I played without mini-games, too, and I know that the party planning mini-game will add quite a lot of extra playtime, depending on your ambition.

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
Not three hours, more. Ep 8 took me 4.5 hours to complete for the first time, and given that Ep 9 will be even longer...
About ten saves - PinkCake, how did you guess?

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
Well, we learned DPC has posed 10 animations and about 168 static renders since the last update. We also know he completed the extra-long animation, but unfortunately we don't have any idea how many other things were completed. So there's not much to examine this week, though I'll toss up a new copy of the charts for posterity:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
From the way DPC describes the status of the update, it definitely sounds like there's considerable work left even if it is mostly complete. I still think we're looking at a November release, but we can't be sure until we get proper numbers; it all depends on how the animation render rate bounces back now that the showstopper is finally complete.

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
I estimate that you need at least 10 different and particular save files to see everything, which is nuts.
When this is nice; example if there is 20 sex scenes and you only get 2 per saves, that gonna be super redundant.
Or maybe it will be only half sex scenes and if you on a particular path you have extra than just a blowjob/handjob.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ChipLecsap

gaewgaw

Dec 1, 2019
The main purpose of the patch is to remove songs, the rest are minor bugfixes.

If you still want to hear the old intro, don't install it, at least on the first two seasons you will still hear it
Don't know how well it's supposed to work, but if I copy everything from the 0.8.3 patch besides music_ep1.rpa and scripts.rpa (made backups of all replaceable files), the old intro song seems to play just fine, as well as initial random game functionality I tried.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Status update Episode 9

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake
Can't wait to see what my homie DPC aka "Don't hurt my buiness" has in prepared for us :love:

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I'm not a aged as you but I'm not a pup either, just had my 39th yesterday. As for the common sense and reason it seems to go out the window when vaginas are involved. :)
I'm going to call bullshit on this one. I think most people simply lack common sense. A little vagina along the way just exacerbates the issue and gives people something to blame it on.
common sense.jpg
(edit note: I am not claiming I wasn't stupid around vagina either, but I was usually more oblivious than stupid)
So is there 0.8.3 patch that doesn't remove the songs?
That was almost it's sole purpose, with a few minor bug fixes thrown in for good measure.
hi how can i reset my gallery? all reward and scene back to lock as i never play the game? try to replay the game and unlock it again 1 by 1.. tq
In both the game install folder (game/saves) and %appdata%\RenPy\Badik-XXXXXXX, delete the persistent file, that should clear all your progress, presuming you are playing it on a PC as it is meant to be played.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes