hidden_robot

Jan 7, 2018

I want to start this update with two important news. For the first time since I started working in this game I have hired a new artist to help me speed things up. This is going to be a permanent adition and I am quite excited that it would make development way faster. I will introduce him in the following days.

I also decided to remove a couple scenes I was planing to include wich means the actual target of animations left to render has been severely reduced. All things considered, with the new aditions and the new goal I think we can start beta testingin a couple weeks aiming for an early November release. Don't get too excited thought, the release may be delay a couple days if things don't go smoothly.

When it comes to this week I have been working and mostly completed a new scene I was hoping to work on for a long time now. I don't want to spoil anything but I think you will like it guys. It's the first foursome ever in the game and I am hoping this to be a new feature in every update. Special thanks to Heycock for sugesting me some of this changes.

Have a nice weekend
Love ya
Dr PinkCake
I knew you would do the right thing, Pink Cake.

people's dreams have no end.jpeg

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
For the first time since I started working in this game I have hired a new artist to help me speed things up. This is going to be a permanent adition and I am quite excited that it would make development way faster. I will introduce him in the following days.
You almost gave me hope for this game to be finished before 2030...:KEK:

• Sad
Reactions: Heycock

Ostap Bender

Jun 26, 2019

I want to start this update with two important news. For the first time since I started working in this game I have hired a new artist to help me speed things up. This is going to be a permanent adition and I am quite excited that it would make development way faster. I will introduce him in the following days.

I also decided to remove a couple scenes I was planing to include wich means the actual target of animations left to render has been severely reduced. All things considered, with the new aditions and the new goal I think we can start beta testingin a couple weeks aiming for an early November release. Don't get too excited thought, the release may be delay a couple days if things don't go smoothly.

When it comes to this week I have been working and mostly completed a new scene I was hoping to work on for a long time now. I don't want to spoil anything but I think you will like it guys. It's the first foursome ever in the game and I am hoping this to be a new feature in every update. Special thanks to Heycock for sugesting me some of this changes.

Have a nice weekend
Love ya
Dr PinkCake
You motherfucker, I can't believe I fell for that :KEK:

OFT

Jan 6, 2020

Have a nice weekend
Love ya
Dr PinkCake

View attachment 2086902

This week I started off making animations and renders for a lewd scene. After that, I felt like playtesting Sage's branch while polishing everything I found along the way.

I created Pack quest for the episode, added all lewd scenes to the gallery, tested special renders, and fixed some code for it. I fixed a big chunk of the final free-roam event code and wrote a bit more dialogue. I added some more choices and a couple of new scenes and polished what I could spot.

I enjoyed playing Sage's branch, and I'm sure you will too. What struck me the most were the differences between Isabella's and Sage's branches, playing them back-to-back. All hard work is feeling worthwhile, and this episode is starting to come together.

Here are some stats on the current progress and what I have left to do:

Episode 9 current total:
  • 4564 static renders (0 in the render queue)
  • 260 animations (231 animations produced, 29 in the render queue)
  • 25 new songs
  • 8 new sound effects
  • 18 2D-art pieces
  • 5 2D-art animations
Work that remains:
  • 2 scenes left to write
  • 6 scenes left to make art for
  • 3 lewd scenes to make animations for (50-80 animations)
  • Make some missing GUI for the new mini-game.
  • Add music (95% done)
  • Add SFX (95% done)
  • Special renders/2D art - Some testing remains
  • Scenes gallery - Testing and a couple of thumbnails for the missing lewd scenes remain
  • Playtest and polish (20%)
  • "Previously on Being a DIK" section
  • Ending screens for all branches
  • Verify bug fixes from the Interlude.
Phone content:

• Rooster (90% done)
  • Phone chats (90% done)
  • Bios (0% done)
  • Stats (Testing remains)
  • Vault (Testing remains)
Overall completion:
Static renders: 95% (Based on a 4800 render target)

Animations: 76%-84% (Final animation count is still hard to estimate)

Writing/Coding: 95%

Further insight:
I am currently alternating between writing the final scenes, posing animations, and playtesting/polishing everything. As always, I aim to keep a 24/7 uptime on my render stations while multitasking the remaining areas.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

Fake 1.jpg
Fake 2.jpg
Fake 3.jpg
Fake 4.jpg
Fake 5.jpg
Fake 6.jpg

Last edited:

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020

View attachment 2086902

This week I started off making animations and renders for a lewd scene. After that, I felt like playtesting Sage's branch while polishing everything I found along the way.

I created Pack quest for the episode, added all lewd scenes to the gallery, tested special renders, and fixed some code for it. I fixed a big chunk of the final free-roam event code and wrote a bit more dialogue. I added some more choices and a couple of new scenes and polished what I could spot.

I enjoyed playing Sage's branch, and I'm sure you will too. What struck me the most were the differences between Isabella's and Sage's branches, playing them back-to-back. All hard work is feeling worthwhile, and this episode is starting to come together.

Episode 9 current total:
  • 25 new songs
  • 8 new sound effects
  • 18 2D-art pieces
  • 5 2D-art animations
Work that remains:
  • 2 scenes left to write
  • Add music (95% done)
  • Add SFX (95% done)
  • Scenes gallery - Testing and a couple of thumbnails for the missing lewd scenes remain
Phone content:

• Rooster (90% done)
  • Phone chats (90% done)
  • Bios (0% done)
Overall completion:

Further insight:
I am currently alternating between writing the final scenes, posing animations, and playtesting/polishing everything. As always, I aim to keep a 24/7 uptime on my render stations while multitasking the remaining areas.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Is this considered to be exciting news?

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021

View attachment 2086902

Episode 9 current total:
  • 25 new songs
  • 8 new sound effects
  • 18 2D-art pieces
  • 5 2D-art animations
Work that remains:
  • 2 scenes left to write
  • Add music (95% done)
  • Add SFX (95% done)
Phone content:

• Rooster (90% done)
  • Phone chats (90% done)
  • Bios (0% done)
Overall completion:

Further insight:

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Thank you very much for posting this...

btw astonishing how many people got fooled by Heycock :D Nasty Joke

However, Renders almost done, but we all know... they are not the most time consuming thing. The code, the little details like the phone and such, and of course the animations are taking the time. And as we see he has still to do about 20% of them. Woah thats a hit in the gut, dont think he can do them in less than a month. Than testing everything again, a little more polish... *sigh* even late November seems to get optimistic.

I know he is polishing and testing already, but its one thing to do that within the development with about 10% missing from the episode, and doing it when all is done... he has to test and polish again, cause the missing scenes can maybe influence others too, maybe he has to change some things and so on... All this will take time, at least another 2 weeks. Adding the animatiuons to this, i would say, a optimistic gues would be 6-7 weeks left... add another week as buffer, preparing the uploads... and we are very near or in december.

I want to stay a little optimistic, and stick to mid-late november, but it would surprise me a little if we get it in november i admit.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

View attachment 2086902

Episode 9 current total:
  • 25 new songs
  • 8 new sound effects
  • 18 2D-art pieces
  • 5 2D-art animations
Work that remains:
  • 2 scenes left to write
  • Add music (95% done)
  • Add SFX (95% done)
Phone content:

• Rooster (90% done)
  • Phone chats (90% done)
  • Bios (0% done)
Overall completion:

Further insight:

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Well I think this is better news then last week sounds like he's trying to get this done. Heycock's update might had gotten one thing their might be a 4some at the HP

-VQueS-

May 1, 2020
2weeks ago: My current estimation is that 70-100 animations remain to be posed.
50-80 now
I don't remember his computers rendering more than 12 per/w. Depends on the length of the animations of course.
Animations: 6-10w
Beta test: 2w

That's the best case scenario. No chance for november.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
But Sally's supposedly a smart girl, too, and she appears to be drinking at the party, which wouldn't be a smart move (unless she's already planning to abort).
Yes, she is drinking, what about she doesn't know this time, she is pregnant? If the test isn't past, it will be in the story of Ep9, meaning that Sally will know it then (and, yes, as a smart girl, she would stop drinking alcohol). Magnar's behavior at the Dorm Room party could be the stress of the upcoming tests and some anger with Sally (she decided to go to the party and didn't learn with him).

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes