JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
There is no a real antagonist in this game ... Chad who was supposed to be the alpha-villain quickly turns out to be a pussy ... MC is a love love average-boy too
A storyline without a believable "AssHole" is just a boring and quiet vanilla story.

I donìt know if the following idea was already in the thread... more than 10000 pags are really hard to explore ;)

if I were in the developer I would create a story where Chad goes crazy taking a submachine gun and making a killing in college as unfortunately often happens in American colleges ... this would lead to a twist and eliminate some of the too many useless characters ... by this way the MC could become a REAL-HERO by solving the issue and saving the girl he loves.
In this story the main villain (who is yet to be revealed) is definitely Stephen Cuck.

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
this isnt an actual harem game though
This is not harem game but people still repeat other branches and events, also as he said side characters banging doesn't add anything to the story. We know Quinn run a prosituion business, sage, Maya, Josy, Bella have been physical before. Pretty sure sage will start dating someone else again on other non-sage routes.

PeterSBigD

Feb 17, 2021
There is no a real antagonist in this game ... Chad who was supposed to be the alpha-villain quickly turns out to be a pussy ... MC is a love love average-boy too
A storyline without a believable "AssHole" is just a boring and quiet vanilla story.

I donìt know if the following idea was already in the thread... more than 10000 pags are really hard to explore ;)

if I were in the developer I would create a story where Chad goes crazy taking a submachine gun and making a killing in college as unfortunately often happens in American colleges ... this would lead to a twist and eliminate some of the too many useless characters ... by this way the MC could become a REAL-HERO by solving the issue and saving the girl he loves.
Columbine, Chad Edition
images (1).jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
True, that's why I wrote "Harem type format" where we see the whole story of a single protagonist and his relationships with girls through his eyes.
the Interlude disproves that perspective. as well as some flashbacks that have nothing to do with MC in the slightest. and for those reasons alone if there were intimate scenes in the past (between say Bella and her husband) that would provide a meaningful contrast to her personality to when MC meets her, they actually can and should be shown. just like it should have been shown that Zoey was playing the field in San Diego and that she a lot of mediocre to bad experiences that helped her realize how she felt about the MC.

just because DPC is too afraid to commit to showing how actual relationships work, doesnt mean it was actually the right decision for the narrative he is trying to sell us. you dont have to agree with that, and you can gain more enjoyment from the psuedo-harem fantasy that this game tries to present. more power to you if thats the case. but allowing DPC to collectively put our heads in the sand to avoid talking about "the scary stuff" that keeps the anti-NTR brigade up at night is doing the story and all of us readers a disservice. especially if its all just for DPC selling out to get even more money

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
the Interlude disproves that perspective. as well as some flashbacks that have nothing to do with MC in the slightest. and for those reasons alone if there were intimate scenes in the past (between say Bella and her husband) that would provide a meaningful contrast to her personality to when MC meets her, they actually can and should be shown. just like it should have been shown that Zoey was playing the field in San Diego and that she a lot of mediocre to bad experiences that helped her realize how she felt about the MC.

just because DPC is too afraid to commit to showing how actual relationships work, doesnt mean it was actually the right decision for the narrative he is trying to sell us. you dont have to agree with that, and you can gain more enjoyment from the psuedo-harem fantasy that this game tries to present. more power to you if thats the case. but allowing DPC to collectively put our heads in the sand to avoid talking about "the scary stuff" that keeps the anti-NTR brigade up at night is doing the story and all of us readers a disservice. especially if its all just for DPC selling out to get even more money
Yeah and see how much hate did interlude got? Interlude is literally the most boring content right now because it changes the narrative. People be complaining about useless renders lmfao and yet you here asking for more. You should directly say you are Ntr fan instead of tiptoeing around it, there is nothing wrong with it just another kink. Also we got Maya and Josy flashback scene at the lake, we didn't saw any Lesbian scenes, I don't see you talking about that? Only why Bella didn't kissed /fucked her husband? Or why zoey is not banging other people lmfao. Yeah it not considered Ntr if two person are not in relationship and have sex with other people but I am pretty sure you are not watching your ex girlfriend/boyfriend banging other people right now Realistic Dpc need to show us story contents not many useless bs shown in interlude, also all of the other flashbacks showed us abit of the past that directly tied with main storyline.

Jan 7, 2022

You cannot dissuade people of the opinion that Being a DIK has a good story. It's truly awful and is made to facilitate sex shenanigans with coeds, teachers, and local strippers. Compared to some other "Adult visual novels" it does have a good story. Compared to almost anything else, it's tawdrily nonsense. The anti-NTR people lost their shit when Josy was revealed to be "double timing" the MC with Maya. Which to be clear was funny. The MC, Maya, and Josy all looked like socially stunted morons. This is the drama lol.

shane001

Jun 12, 2020

And that's why it was an interlude and probably the least popular update so far.
I doubt intimate scenes of the past would provide anything to the readers except for the minority of people who want those scenes, tho their fights or argumentative talks can provide a little insight to some extent or prabably there is more to the story coming in the future and considering this is a VN, implication of some hints are probably enough for the secondary characters .
I think you're in the wrong place if you want to see "how actual relationships work", It's creator's fantasy story written by them, which according to them is pleasing for them to write and majority to read with business perspective in mind, not winning Oscars for it. And like Hank21 said You cannot dissuade people of the opinion that Being a DIK has a decent/good story. It's just comparably better or one of best out there in the world of 3D VNs, else most of the plot here wouldn't make sense in a normal novel or a normal movie.
I wouldn't accuse Creator of "selling out" without having any proof of what original story, if any, the creator intended to produce other than this. It comes out as whiny since you didn't got what you wanted or had in mind. You have to understand, at the end, the creator is doing exactly what they started out as. You can't expect them to serve only you or a minority of people and waste the resources on side scenes which have very little to no effect on the protagonist as character or his relationship or his story. This is just my 2 cent on this.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

yes however there is risk and risk

Zoey already didn't start out with the crowd's favor, if we had seen her enjoying herself freely in San Diego her position would not have improved. to make such a character work takes a particular narrative sensibility let's say uncommon.

probably, if we ever see them, in the epilogues something like that will be there, i don't think we'll see the LIs piling up cats as their hair grays.

the problem of the past remains, we have 2 out of 5 LIs who are virgins (heterosexually) which is a quota quite out of any statistical sample.
the only one of the other 3 for whom the problem has been resolved quite elegantly is Josy, Maya tells us that she knows what to do with men, that's enough, we don't have to see anything.

but with Bella and especially Sage it is a disaster. with Sage there is really no harmony between what we are told and what we are shown. in the flashback, which takes place more than two years before, we already see a very cold Chad towards her, and this coldness does not allow for pauses, what need was there to reiterate this behavior? already in the present apart from the jealousy there is no moment of tenderness, of complicity between Chad and Sage, they look like husband and wife after 30 years of marriage. but this same Sage is the one who is looking for a fuckbuddy and who gives grades after sex. it is really a tragicomic situation

Bella is simply a confirmation of a fear, not at all authorial, of DPC to agitate his patreons too much. Bella is already a character full of objective difficulties (all unaddressed, but after all we are only halfway through the game, it will be talked about in the next 10 years), dark omens about her future and her health that make her the LI for true believers, she fights it out with Quinn for the highest chance of a bounty hidden not even too well in the grass.
But in spite of this for this fear of other people's peas he has given us a flashback so aseptic and strange that any theory of a "sixth sense" development, however futile, finds no objective grounds for objection

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
We need to understand the correct meaning of NTR. NTR is short for Netorare. It basically means cheating when you are in a happy relationship.
Dude, only one point: the discussion between Josy & Maya in the library after Jill told them she is dating MC. And that's not the only point in this game. To the LI girls it is always a relationship. MC didn't have to say this. No one have to say "btw babe we're in a relationship now". This game is NTR and those Anti-NTR-Snowflakes deny it for one reason only: even they enjoy this good piece of work and fap to Jill, Josy and Co. Let's face the fact: in their dreams they're loving to be cucked by Quinn. There's nothing and nobody who could prove me wrong.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
This game is NTR
Per Maya's request Maya & Josy explicitly don't require the MC (or for that matter themselves) to be exclusive coupling. At least as far as they're concerned MC can bang the entire college, and it won't be cheating.

Sage considers MC to be a fuck buddy with no strings attached. Again, no cheating. She certainly didn't mind another girl recognizing MC's dick during Tybalt's presentation.

Bella and (especially) Jill are somewhat different matter. Both evidently can break up with MC (or refuse to get serious) if Fuckface sticks his dick in other girls.

ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
Dude, only one point: the discussion between Josy & Maya in the library after Jill told them she is dating MC.
MC didn't have to say this. No one have to say "btw babe we're in a relationship now".
Dating doesnt necesarrily include being in a relationship, as sad it is, welcome to the 21th century.
Ofc nobody would say sth like this literally, but it would be just common sense to communicate with the person you are dating if you want to take it more serious.

But lets not polarize all that. Heres my suggestion: If i think sth is not NTR, and you think it is NTR, and we both are good with it... i think we should be fine right? :D

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
And that's why it was an interlude and probably the least popular update so far.
to the discerning individual, the Interlude was only "bad" because it failed at what it was trying to achieve. if DPC fully committed to actually telling Zoey's story, as opposed to the half assed whatever that we ended up getting, then i believe people in general would be more satisfied with it. conceptually the Interlude is perfectly fine, its the execution that DPC dropped the ball on

I think you're in the wrong place if you want to see "how actual relationships work", It's creator's fantasy story written by them, which according to them is pleasing for them to write and majority to read with business perspective in mind, not winning Oscars for it. And like @Hank21 said You cannot dissuade people of the opinion that Being a DIK has a decent/good story. It's just comparably better or one of best out there in the world of 3D VNs, else most of the plot here wouldn't make sense in a normal novel or a normal movie.
comparing just to AL, the characters and relationships were much more compelling and authentic (for lack of a better word) than their BaDIK counterparts. less obvious stereotypes/tropes, more dealing with "real" problems (looking at you cringeworthy Tybalt blackmail plot), much more real character growth/development. even with the issues that game has, i dont think any character in BaDIK has come close to Liam. so i think its more than fair to compare his current work to his previous work when talking about strengths and flaws. and i already said that people can think the story it good and fun and enjoyable, but they are doing themselves a disservice if they have closed their minds to the possibility that it could be much better than it is as an actual story. there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism and wanting DPC to do better

I wouldn't accuse Creator of "selling out" without having any proof of what original story, if any, the creator intended to produce other than this. It comes out as whiny since you didn't got what you wanted or had in mind. You have to understand, at the end, the creator is doing exactly what they started out as.
now you are making as many assumptions that you say im making. we have a differing opinion here, so we just agree to disagree.

You can't expect them to serve only you or a minority of people and waste the resources on side scenes which have very little to no effect on the protagonist as character or his relationship or his story
the Madame..........

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I'm expecting a Halloween party pan animation when the mc walks through the door. Those who have been waiting for the party may sit back, watch the animation and be like, "Fuck yes
That's actually what I was going to do lol. 2 damn years and some change. I'm gonna soak it in.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: shazba

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

I don't understand why he should be afraid of the anti-NTR brigade at all. After all, he can write to them "This is my game, I do my project as I want, I'm an artist, I see it that way. If you don't like it, unsubscribe." As he wrote in response to criticism on Patreon.
Well, 50-100 people will unsubscribe, but again this is a drop in the ocean among his 12k patrons. And he can simply ban the most active screamers and whiners from Discord. Financial losses will be insignificant.
If I were a developer, I think that's what I would do. "You don't like it? You know where the door is."

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I don't understand why he should be afraid of the anti-NTR brigade at all. After all, he can write to them "This is my game, I do my project as I want, I'm an artist, I see it that way. If you don't like it, unsubscribe." As he wrote in response to criticism on Patreon.
There's always simple possibility DPC isn't a fan of NTR himself, and that's why he doesn't include what could be considered it in the game. These are all his precious creations and they're only going to get their creator's dick, with little help from MC /s

Reactions: shazba

shane001

Jun 12, 2020
to the discerning individual
That's big if and buts. Most people are just less interested in side characters especially if they're not popular and if they contribute very little to the main plot and don't involve protagonist much. And the interlude" is kinda proof of that, being the least popular update.

but they are doing themselves a disservice if they have closed their minds to the possibility that it could be much better than it is as an actual story. there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism and wanting DPC to do better
Everyone's headcanon or what they want seems best to them doesn't mean it will be for the most. And, True, there is nothing wrong with constructive criticisms but it definitely isn't calling the creator "a sellout" or "kneeling to the patreons" without having any proof of what original story, if any, the creator intended to produce other than this when the creator has already answered such question. Like you said let's just agree to disagree.

the Madame..........
It involves protagonist and Milf. So, I doubt most people would have any problem with it.
And Hey! I am a Milf Guy, any amount of Milf is less to me. So, I really can't complain in that regard. Bonus to me. :KEK:

Last edited:
Reactions: SomboSteel

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
There's always simple possibility DPC isn't a fan of NTR himself, and that's why he doesn't include what could be considered it in the game. These are all his precious creations and they're only going to get their creator's dick, with little help from MC /s
I think this is possibly the case. I can’t remember what else DPC isn’t a fan of, but he stated in one of his Q&A’s that he wouldn’t include certain things because he wasn’t interested in them.

Showing Dawe struggling to fuck Arieth is done for a laugh, showing Elena bouncing off John Boy in random locations is part of who they are, and that’s about it.

DPC’s not interested in explicit gay content, that kiss between Troy and Chad looked so awkward. And we’re probably not gonna see any more of that.

So regarding the past love lives of LIs, what do we need to see? Nothing really.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes